PDA

View Full Version : Leo's, Scimatar's and the CA-8 Controller

NeilP
08-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I have 2 ACME Leo's and 2 ACME Scimitar's controlled via a CA-8 controller. Not really had a play with them yet, and the CA-8 Controller came with no instructions whatsoever. :mad:

Anyone know what control i can have with the CA-8 and how i use it to control the lights? :embarasse

Ta! :teeth:

dj_ags
08-09-2006, 09:50 PM
With the CA-8 controller, you can control the mode (smooth, sound-to-light) the gobos and colour.

For the money, it is an easy controller to use and a bargain at that :)

Ricesnaps
08-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I have 2 ACME Leo's and 2 ACME Scimitar's controlled via a CA-8 controller. Not really had a play with them yet, and the CA-8 Controller came with no instructions whatsoever. :mad:

Anyone know what control i can have with the CA-8 and how i use it to control the lights? :embarasse

Ta! :teeth:
Good choice of lighting - I have exactly the same! Thought about upgrading and decided to hang on till I can afford moving heads.

Deffinately need the CA-8 as they can be a little manic without! Top button is simply on/off - but only lamp, keeps fan running so is useful for cool down.

Middle button I think is strobe (or function).

Bottom button is most useful as it sets slow program, which is actually just right for most of the time, not just slow songs!

Corabar Steve
09-09-2006, 01:04 AM
My Leos run with a CA6

Ricesnaps
09-09-2006, 08:04 AM
My Leos run with a CA6
I don't think they do the CA6 anymore Steve (or at least that was what I was told). The CA8 certainly does the trick!