PDA

View Full Version : Bit of help/advice needed...

SC Events
06-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section, wasn't sure where else to put it.

I have a booking for a Wedding in August, however today the couple have emailed me to say that they have had to postpone their Wedding until September 2012 and can I still do it.

The deposit has been paid and booking forms signed, but do I need to now issue a new set of forms?

Also, the final balance was due no later than 14 days before the event...I guess I won't see that for another 12 months now lol.

Just wondering what I should do as i haven't had this happen before.

Many thanks in advance,

Scott.

yourdj
06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
They have not cancelled. do you have the all important:

"not transferable" in you T&C's.

Its some way off Aug and your not booked for next year so do not see a problem tbh.
You should get booked for the date so all good.

Its opened up a night this year and You have a booking for next year too. sorted.

SC Events
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Just took a booking for a Boxing Fight Night now on 6th August :)

I did one on Friday for them (my first one ever) and they have rebooked...:D

Shakermaker Promotions
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I had the same thing happen to me...

I was booked early last year for a wedding in October 2010. The customer paid the booking fee and then around the end of July (I think?), they told me that it was being moved to another date and another venue (April 2011).
Because the booking fee had been paid, I took it as it was just a date change so it made no difference to me but I made sure I issued them with new booking forms etc because of the date and venue change.

I think your best bet is to issue new forms and put a note on there with reference to the change of date etc...

Charlie Brown
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Are your prices going to increase in 2012?

SC Events
06-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I had the same thing happen to me...

I was booked early last year for a wedding in October 2010. The customer paid the booking fee and then around the end of July (I think?), they told me that it was being moved to another date and another venue (April 2011).
Because the booking fee had been paid, I took it as it was just a date change so it made no difference to me but I made sure I issued them with new booking forms etc because of the date and venue change.

I think your best bet is to issue new forms and put a note on there with reference to the change of date etc...

Ok, will do. Thanks :)

Are your prices going to increase in 2012?

Yes, they are increasing by £50.

Charlie Brown
06-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, they are increasing by £50.

So shouldn't you be passing that onto these clients?

Creature
06-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I agree with what ShakerMaker says

yourdj
06-06-2011, 06:22 PM
So shouldn't you be passing that onto these clients?

Cosmic ordering - you got a date then straight away for a - two gigs in one - funny that :p

As per price change - No I would not. i always stick to the price quoted originally unless they want to change times and add extras. :)

On the form make sure you say that its non transferable and refer that they have already transferred it once just so they do not mess you around again. For all you know they may have split up for a bit and had a cooling off period. You never know. It could be cancelled all together.

ppentertainments
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
My method is to insist on full payment by the original due date, but allow them to transfer the date within a given timescale. Any increase I have 'lost' I just accept. I issue them with amended booking forms etc.

Maybe not the best way to deal with it, but for me ensures good customer service especially considering you will probably fill the original date.

Shakermaker Promotions
06-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I would stick to the price that was originally quoted too. I think personally that it would be a bit cheeky if you were to add £50.00 to the price (not saying you would).

Cowlinn
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I would stick to the price that was originally quoted too. I think personally that it would be a bit cheeky if you were to add £50.00 to the price (not saying you would).

:agree: