PDA

View Full Version : Help With Live Recording

Rattz
09-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Hi, peeps

need a bit of help, I'm trying to record people singing live on the karaoke, nobody else round here offers it, so I thought I'd give it ago and see what happens.

first you need to know is the setup...
Behringer EURORACK UB1832FX-PRO - www.behringer.com/UB1832FX/index.cfm?lang=ENG
Tascam US-122 USB Audio interface - www.tascam.com/Products/US-122.html

now I have the mixer setup with the mics coming through the sub and the music coming through the main. I have the tascam linked into the Control Room Outputs and the sub & main mixed to the control room.

It works but when i play it back the mic levels are way to loud, but when you hear the mix coming out of the speakers it's perfectly balanced.

Nothing that I do will lower the level of the mics on the recording, So does anybody have any ideas as to what will cure this?

maybe linking the tascam to the amp instead of the mixer? I haven't tried that yet.

funkymike
09-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Easy, the mixer has a record out near the top right side nr the main outputs, job done

Rattz
09-09-2006, 12:58 AM
never thought to use the tape outputs DOH!!!

but even so would the mix record as it sounds on the speakers, cos I thought thats what the control room outs were supposed to do.

I've got all day tomorrow to set the gear up and have a play with it, as i'm at my local bar tomorrow night and they don't mind me using the back room during the day.