PDA

View Full Version : Website Idea.

Matty12
13-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi there

Hope your all ok,

I've just designed the home paged of my website (I've done it by paint so it looks a bit arty) What do you think.

Matthew.

Booche
13-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi there

Hope your all ok,

I've just designed the home paged of my website (I've done it by paint so it looks a bit arty) What do you think.

Matthew.

Sorry Matt but its just 3 blocks with some text on ?

Also done in paint :eek:

Why not look at investing in a proper desin or letting someone else do it for you as don't froget your website is like a shop window and therefore will propose the first step for potential clients :)

Also can you back up your statement about being "The No1 Entertainment In The East Midlands" ?

As i'm in the east midlands and i find that quite like fighting words lol :boxer2::p:boxer2:

Charlie Brown
13-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Matthew, what happened to getting a professional?

I'm sorry buddy but it doesn't look very good.

DeckstarDeluxe
13-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Post up a preview when you have something to show us Matthew.

Matty12
13-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry Matt but its just 3 blocks with some text on ?

Also done in paint :eek:

Why not look at investing in a proper desin or letting someone else do it for you as don't froget your website is like a shop window and therefore will propose the first step for potential clients :)

Also can you back up your statement about being "The No1 Entertainment In The East Midlands" ?

As i'm in the east midlands and i find that quite like fighting words lol :boxer2::p:boxer2:

I'm getting a web designer to make a website for me but I need to give him some Ideas of what I want. I did this on paint just to have a look and a mess about I just need some ideas.
Matt.:)

Cowlinn
13-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I've just designed the home paged of my website

No you haven't :o

A long way to go yet buddy.

Booche
13-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm getting a web designer to make a website for me but I need to give him some Ideas of what I want. I did this on paint just to have a look and a mess about I just need some ideas.
Matt.:)

Why not make a note of the things you want then

Ie: Color, style, text, logo design (if you have one) how you want it layed out etc OR get someone who does this for a living and have a chat with them as if your designer is good then surely they would have some sort of idea what you like etc

UNLESS you haven't gave them a clue then i can see the designer looking and going ok then.............................................. ...................:daft:

Matty12
13-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Why not make a note of the things you want then

Ie: Color, style, text, logo design (if you have one) how you want it layed out etc OR get someone who does this for a living and have a chat with them as if your designer is good then surely they would have some sort of idea what you like etc

UNLESS you haven't gave them a clue then i can see the designer looking and going ok then.............................................. ...................:daft:

Ok:o I see where you are coming from,;)

The web designer is alex design from here.

I would like to know about the style and colors just for myself if you see where I'm coming from I also need to give alex an idea of I would like.

DeckstarDeluxe
13-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Might be better looking at complete sites and then saying what aspects of them you like?

Matty12
13-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok I know that a would like a changing picture thing, a side menu bar and a rectangle logo but thats it really.

Booche
13-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok:o I see where you are coming from,;)

The web designer is alex design from here.

I would like to know about the style and colors just for myself if you see where I'm coming from I also need to give alex an idea of I would like.

Therefore Alex DOES know what he is doing lol and i dont think a paint picture would really help him lol

Just make a note or ring him and speak to him he doesn't bite (well not the first time anyway) :P

Myself and Alex did mine, he also did Pauls and a few others so why not have a look round like Neil suggested and get some ideas that way then forward to Alex who will then come up with another master design for you :D

BTW you wont be dissapointed with Alex's work :)

funkymook
13-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Ok I know that a would like a changing picture thing, a side menu bar and a rectangle logo but thats it really.

Have a look at lots of sites, not just DJ ones, I find hotels worth looking at - after all they are also trying to get people to book certain dates with them, same as us.

Make a note of what you like, might be the colours from one, the navigation from another, the way pictures change etc. (and also things you don't like as well).

Then send them to Alex with your notes, it's far easier for him to work from actual examples - and he's clever (and honourable) enough to make sure you don't end up with a 'copy' of someone else.

Matty12
13-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks.