PDA

View Full Version : Logo ideas

DJ Paulie
21-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Which looks better ? The one with the name I was thinking of using for the website banner and the crown just as something to tart it up a bit, maybe without the words on it ?

This one:
http://pix.sparky-s.ie/40224.jpg

or this one:
http://pix.sparky-s.ie/096a7.jpg

Mark Wild
21-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Shouldn't the first one say "Chicken Royale"? lol

DJ Paulie
21-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Shouldn't the first one say "Chicken Royale"? lol

With cheese ?! :muppet:

Mark Wild
21-06-2011, 11:44 AM
It just reminded me of the Burger King crown that's all !

DeckstarDeluxe
21-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Both look rubbish.

Shaun is your man on this forum. Does brilliant work (AKA mine)

Dynamic Entertainment
21-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Both look rubbish.

yep, mine too...

yourdj
21-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Both look rubbish.

:agree:

A logo says everything. the bottom one is better than your current one however.

DJ Paulie
21-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I thought after I posted the crown one it looked naff ! Think I'll just put a rolex crown on the website & use the banner. Thanks for the feedback people. :)

hammy
21-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Both look rubbish.

and mine ;)

Larry B Entertainment
21-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I like the play on the 007 thing going on with your avatar. Could you not use that for a logo ?

Shaun
21-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Both look rubbish.

yep, mine too...

:agree:

A logo says everything. the bottom one is better than your current one however.

and mine ;)

Thanks for all the recommendation guys. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to take on any new projects at the moment, not for the next couple of months anyway. If anyone is interested by all means feel free to get in touch and I'll add you to the list, but I just can't commit and provide a time-scale for completion at the moment.

Booche is quite handy with Graphics, you could try him. And of course there's Toby who is good with design. :beer1:

I thought after I posted the crown one it looked naff ! Think I'll just put a rolex crown on the website & use the banner. Thanks for the feedback people. :)

I like the play on the 007 thing going on with your avatar. Could you not use that for a logo ?

Possible copyright breaches are dangerous territory for logos, I'd extremely cautious about using other companies trademarks.

mirepup
21-06-2011, 11:03 PM
The bottom one is one I used on a site (different text). From the CoolText Generator or whatever it's called. It screams generic (But I love it since I used it).

DJ Paulie
22-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Yes mirepup that's what I used. I've now made a dummy site here http://discoroyale.net/indexnew.html the link buttons will be changed but as a start what do you think ?

Shaun, that's fine I think I might either keep the site as it is but replce the logo and banner, or just leave it. Good to hear you're busy though !

Booche
22-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Thankyou Shaun :D

Had a quick play and going on the "Crown" feel you like :)
(ignore the background i had to save in jpg for forum sizes etc)

DJ Paulie
22-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Wow ! That looks cool booche do you mind if I use it ? Thanks :D

Booche
22-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow ! That looks cool booche do you mind if I use it ? Thanks :D

Pm Sent...

Cowlinn
22-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Sorry Dave, I don't really like it. :o

Booche
22-06-2011, 03:57 PM

Good job it's not for you then.

Cowlinn
22-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Good job it's not for you then.

True :D

Shakermaker Promotions
22-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Sorry but I wish people would be a bit more tactful when it comes to commenting on things that people post up. Constructive criticism and all that is fine but saying something like "Rubbish" is just rude in my opinion.

Apologies, I don't mean to moan but it's another pet hate of mine. I think some things posted are absolutely crap but I would never write it for fear of knocking someone's confidence....saying that, neither of them are my cup of tea mate and I aint too keen on the one that Booche did either (sorry).

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry but I wish people would be a bit more tactful when it comes to commenting on things that people post up. Constructive criticism and all that is fine but saying something like "Rubbish" is just rude in my opinion.

Apologies, I don't mean to moan but it's another pet hate of mine. I think some things posted are absolutely crap but I would never write it for fear of knocking someone's confidence....saying that, neither of them are my cup of tea mate and I aint too keen on the one that Booche did either (sorry).

Is that constructive then?

Shakermaker Promotions
22-06-2011, 05:58 PM
So you don't understand a bit of taking the mick then?

Booche
22-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Isn't it all about what the client wants and is happy with ?????

Cowlinn
22-06-2011, 06:15 PM

You haven't posted in the whole thread, you just pop up to have a dig. What's the point? Forums are a place for everyone to have their opinion.

Mark Wild
22-06-2011, 06:23 PM
So you don't understand a bit of taking the mick then?

Nope that one went right over my head :)

Shakermaker Promotions
22-06-2011, 06:33 PM
You haven't posted in the whole thread, you just pop up to have a dig. What's the point? Forums are a place for everyone to have their opinion.

Oh behave yourself! Why contradict yourself? "Forums are a place for everyone to have their opinion"...exactly!! and that's what MINE was...an opinion! That opinion is that some people should maybe tone down what they say a little bit as it comes across as rude IN MY OPINION!

Nope that one went right over my head :)

Thought it might...nevermind eh!;)

Larry B Entertainment
22-06-2011, 09:03 PM

Don't forget it is only a JPEG thats compressed and wont look as good on here as it would in another lossless format.

Why do some people feel the need to jump right in before seeing a more developed product !

Dave, what are those dragons ? Are they brushes ? Done in Photoshop ?

Dynamic Entertainment
22-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Thankyou Shaun :D

Had a quick play and going on the "Crown" feel you like :)
(ignore the background i had to save in jpg for forum sizes etc)

I like the dragons...but the shield just doesnt do it for me ;)