PDA

View Full Version : website help

hammy
29-06-2011, 10:37 AM
All was well with my website until I added the new Seda badge, since then going via I.E it looks total pants, but via firefox it looks normal, is it my web settings on my pc or the site itself, if anyone can find the time to have a quick look

www.hammys-entertainment.co.uk

under I.E the "get a quote for your event" is all white background where under firefox its how its meant to be. Thats just one example

I have taken the seda badge off again but it didnt return back to normal.

Also if I designed the site again using a different host but forwarding the domain names will I still keep the same place in google or will I have to earn it again??

Marc J
29-06-2011, 10:53 AM
under I.E the "get a quote for your event" is all white background where under firefox its how its meant to be. Thats just one example

It looks the same to me in IE(8) and FF(4).

Also if I designed the site again using a different host but forwarding the domain names will I still keep the same place in google or will I have to earn it again??

As long as the domain is the same and you aren't framing it (some hosts do domain forwarding by framing) then that part shouldn't impact on the search results...the redesign might, though!

hammy
29-06-2011, 10:57 AM
It looks the same to me in IE(8) and FF(4).

Cheers Marc, is it with a white or black background

James
29-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Change the colour of your text id say, light grey on dark grey aint a good combo, its too hard to read

hammy
29-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Sorry James I was only trying to figure out if the site was going wrong for others, its always been that colour and no complaints yet, but thanks anyway ;)

Cowlinn
29-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Looks fine my end on Chrome & Safari

hammy
29-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Looks fine my end on Chrome & Safari

Cheers Matty

Marc J
30-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Cheers Marc, is it with a white or black background

The page background is black, the background behind "Get a Quote for your event" in the menu is grey (#424242).