PDA

View Full Version : Castle Hotel Tamworth

surround sounds
03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi
As i have never done this venue before i was wondering if anyone as any information about this venue like Space,sound limiters,Access,Parking etc.
Thanks In Advance

SC Events
03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi
As i have never done this venue before i was wondering if anyone as any information about this venue like Space,sound limiters,Access,Parking etc.
Thanks In Advance

I have done this venue many times as it's 5 minutes down the road from me.

Which suite are you in...Tudor or Wedgewood?

Space is quite limited as they put portable dancefloors down, so you can only really fit a 'standard' 4ft deckstand with overhead bar tbh. There are no sound limiters, so no need to worry about them!

Access is a bit of a 'mare! You have to park out the front with your hazard lights on, and take your kit in (during the room turn-around). Once you have unloaded everything, you have to move your car down to the Holloway Car Park which is at the end of the road by the river. - You better hope it doesn't rain as i've seen that car park flood lol!
Also, car parking is free after 6:00pm, so don't park your car in there until after then :D

surround sounds
03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi
Its the tudor.
So if i take my ultimax 4ft double bar,with couple of lasers and rcf 712 sound system will that be ok or do i need my rcf905as subs?
Thanks for the information thou,its very helpful
Thanks

SC Events
03-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Rig sounds fine and won't need subs, the rooms aren't that big. I use two RCF 312a's and that's plenty.

surround sounds
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
They told me 180 guests are coming so i thought it must be a big room..I will just take basics then and just 2 rcf 712..Thanks john

CRAZY K
03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I have done this venue many times as it's 5 minutes down the road from me.

Which suite are you in...Tudor or Wedgewood?

Space is quite limited as they put portable dancefloors down, so you can only really fit a 'standard' 4ft deckstand with overhead bar tbh. There are no sound limiters, so no need to worry about them!

Access is a bit of a 'mare! You have to park out the front with your hazard lights on, and take your kit in (during the room turn-around). Once you have unloaded everything, you have to move your car down to the Holloway Car Park which is at the end of the road by the river. - You better hope it doesn't rain as i've seen that car park flood lol!
Also, car parking is free after 6:00pm, so don't park your car in there until after then :D

Oh dear without doubt the winner of my worst ever venue for access:daft:

Mysteriously my experience differs to Scotts so im not sure if we went in through different entrances:confused:

As I recall pull up at front door on double yellow--in to front up a few steps to main reception, then along a bit up another 5 or 6 steps along again and I was able to pile my kit in an adjacent room whilst they were eating.

Thats TWO lots of steps:eek:

No lift, I asked about disabled access--oh yes they carry people up the stairs because they cant get planning permission for a Lift---aaaaargh!!!!

On turn round whizz into room and set up, not sure which suite I was in but it overlooks main road--at first floor level, as stated they work very quickly like clockwork and everything is timed exactly by the management.

Two Peavey Pro15s were plenty loud enough.

Plenty of atmosphere as it will be crowded.

Now you can possibly get a hand in from a guy there who is the regular DJ but not on the way out--if at all possible take a roadie, no subs and as little lighting as you feel is reasonable--the steps are a killer.

If you are not allowed into the front of the building until the turn round I would not bother turning up--you wont make it--they are very fast.

I think Scott means you can have access like me to the nearest point prior to the rush in--sorry turn round--:daft:

Course theres always the bonus at the end--going out I was told to go out the side entrance and in fact helped by the Manager--he didnt think I was a great guy--he wanted to go home;)

Dont bother--unless you are a David Haye lookalike--the local drunks are piling out the pubs and night clubs and make you an easy target for the :muppet: --although in fairness to Tam no one threatened me :D

surround sounds
04-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh dear without doubt the winner of my worst ever venue for access:daft:

Mysteriously my experience differs to Scotts so im not sure if we went in through different entrances:confused:

As I recall pull up at front door on double yellow--in to front up a few steps to main reception, then along a bit up another 5 or 6 steps along again and I was able to pile my kit in an adjacent room whilst they were eating.

Thats TWO lots of steps:eek:

No lift, I asked about disabled access--oh yes they carry people up the stairs because they cant get planning permission for a Lift---aaaaargh!!!!

On turn round whizz into room and set up, not sure which suite I was in but it overlooks main road--at first floor level, as stated they work very quickly like clockwork and everything is timed exactly by the management.

Two Peavey Pro15s were plenty loud enough.

Plenty of atmosphere as it will be crowded.

Now you can possibly get a hand in from a guy there who is the regular DJ but not on the way out--if at all possible take a roadie, no subs and as little lighting as you feel is reasonable--the steps are a killer.

If you are not allowed into the front of the building until the turn round I would not bother turning up--you wont make it--they are very fast.

I think Scott means you can have access like me to the nearest point prior to the rush in--sorry turn round--:daft:

Course theres always the bonus at the end--going out I was told to go out the side entrance and in fact helped by the Manager--he didnt think I was a great guy--he wanted to go home;)

Dont bother--unless you are a David Haye lookalike--the local drunks are piling out the pubs and night clubs and make you an easy target for the :muppet: --although in fairness to Tam no one threatened me :D

oh right this was sounding ok with scott but you think it could be a nightmare..Looks like as little kit as possible then.I normally take my 3x2 backdrop but i will take 2 uplighters behind me instead..Wish me luck then :D :D

surround sounds
17-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Report back about this place.
Yes scott you was correct.If you go to reception entrance there are about 7 steps and then a ramp to go up to the tudor suite.I got access from 6.30 and set up by 7.20 and that included both led curtains..Customer phoned me up the day before to measure the gap for the large LED Curtain and said it would just about fit..My rcf 712 was plenty,had a excellent night with Musical Youth turning up.Staff was nice and friendly and i would go back as i know worse places than that place for access.
Many Thanks

CRAZY K
17-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Report back about this place.
Yes scott you was correct.If you go to reception entrance there are about 7 steps and then a ramp to go up to the tudor suite.I got access from 6.30 and set up by 7.20 and that included both led curtains..Customer phoned me up the day before to measure the gap for the large LED Curtain and said it would just about fit..My rcf 712 was plenty,had a excellent night with Musical Youth turning up.Staff was nice and friendly and i would go back as i know worse places than that place for access.
Many Thanks

Glad it went well--congrats on set up time--I must be confusing this with another Castle Hotel in Tam---or maybe I was in a different room. :confused:

I had TWO flights of steps to go up and no ramp or did you take your own ?

Unlike me--you wisely cut back on equipment;)

surround sounds
17-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Glad it went well--congrats on set up time--I must be confusing this with another Castle Hotel in Tam---or maybe I was in a different room. :confused:

I had TWO flights of steps to go up and no ramp or did you take your own ?

Unlike me--you wisely cut back on equipment;)

Hi
No only one Castle hotel In Tamworth.I know the entrance you went in cause i seen it first..I thought oh no please not that way.There was a stair case with 2 lots of stairs,Once you got up there you went passed the bar and across the other side of the room..
I asked at reception and she showed me a different way and also a room where i could leave my kit while i parked my van on the carpark down the road.

CRAZY K
17-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi
No only one Castle hotel In Tamworth.I know the entrance you went in cause i seen it first..I thought oh no please not that way.There was a stair case with 2 lots of stairs,Once you got up there you went passed the bar and across the other side of the room..
I asked at reception and she showed me a different way and also a room where i could leave my kit while i parked my van on the carpark down the road.

I feel a lot better now you tell me there is an easy way.:daft: :daft: :daft: :daft:

Needless to say when I was there the MUPPETS on duty showed me the hard way.

You just cant get good Hotel staff can you;)

surround sounds
17-07-2011, 10:00 PM
:D :D :D