PDA

View Full Version : Brain freeze during gig!

Spirits High
10-07-2011, 11:10 AM
I did a wedding last night and was all going well until I had a bit of a brain freeze moment :eek:

The B&G had asked to finish with a specific 2 songs which were "Amazing" Bruno Mars and Flo & the Machine "You've got the love". Now some may already have spotted where this is going but I'll carry on anyway ;)

I was playing "Don't stop believing" as the 3rd last song so time to load up Bruno Mars....typed in "Amazing", no sign of the Bruno Mars version :eek: Cue slight worry thinking I'd not got the track but I knew I had as I'd played it at last weeks Wedding. Ok, I thought search Bruno Mars....no sign of Amazing in there, by this point I was thinking I was about to ruin the B&G's big night by not being able to play one of their tunes.

Then I had a Dime Bar moment :D

Of course, it's not called "Amazing" is it :muppet:

Loaded up "Just the way you are", breathed a sigh of relief and rounded off the night :D

Anyone else had a "Brain freeze" moment..........

Peter you need not apply as it's your age ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-07-2011, 11:14 AM
I had a request last night for the 'shuffling' song.

"Oh, you probably won't have it, 'cos it's new"

Perception again....

djtrev
10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Shuffling song??

Cowlinn
10-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Shuffling song??

Party Rock Anthem.

DeckstarDeluxe
10-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I still get requests for apple bottom jeans and of course the nana song.

I once forgot I had karaoke and audio files sounding in my searchs so played the instrumental of don't stop believing

Excalibur
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Note to self, modify Xmas card list. ;)

I had a request last night for the 'shuffling' song.

"Oh, you probably won't have it, 'cos it's new"
Perception again....
Tee hee, you not looking trendy enough, Young 'un? :whistle:

I still get requests for apple bottom jeans and of course the nana song.

That one irritates me.

Steve Cheese
10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Been asked for Sleepy Jean before! (Daydream Believer by the Monkeys !)
There have been loads over the years.

When Flo Rida first appeared in the charts, I had a request for it. I typed in Flow Rider! Doh! How was I supposed to know that singers these days can't even spell their own name!

WWDJ
10-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I did a wedding last night and was all going well until I had a bit of a brain freeze moment :eek:

The B&G had asked to finish with a specific 2 songs which were "Amazing" Bruno Mars and Flo & the Machine "You've got the love". Now some may already have spotted where this is going but I'll carry on anyway ;)

I was playing "Don't stop believing" as the 3rd last song so time to load up Bruno Mars....typed in "Amazing", no sign of the Bruno Mars version :eek: Cue slight worry thinking I'd not got the track but I knew I had as I'd played it at last weeks Wedding. Ok, I thought search Bruno Mars....no sign of Amazing in there, by this point I was thinking I was about to ruin the B&G's big night by not being able to play one of their tunes.

Then I had a Dime Bar moment :D

Of course, it's not called "Amazing" is it :muppet:

Loaded up "Just the way you are", breathed a sigh of relief and rounded off the night :D

This kind of stuff happens all the time to me, which is why I keep lists of what I have played at previous gigs :D

deltic
10-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Been asked for Sleepy Jean before! (Daydream Believer by the Monkeys !)
There have been loads over the years.

When Flo Rida first appeared in the charts, I had a request for it. I typed in Flow Rider! Doh! How was I supposed to know that singers these days can't even spell their own name!

nowadays you have to be able to spell proppa :D i fall foul of this occasionally and not knowing how to spell something makes searching frustrating,usually manage to find things one way or another by artist or title.

the worst is when somebody comes up for a request and you start typing they say "you don't spell it like that " usually just hand them the keyboard.

Excalibur
10-07-2011, 06:13 PM
the worst is when somebody comes up for a request and you start typing they say "you don't spell it like that " usually just hand them the keyboard.

Don't get me started on that one! A young lady insisted that Rihanna was spelt Ruh Huh Iy ( She was giving me the phonetic version. ) despite me successfully getting results with my version of the name. :D

funkymook
10-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Don't get me started on that one! A young lady insisted that Rihanna was spelt Ruh Huh Iy ( She was giving me the phonetic version. ) despite me successfully getting results with my version of the name. :D

Why isn't phonetic spelt with an 'f' ?

Excalibur
10-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Why isn't phonetic spelt with an 'f' ?

At the time, I was thinking of a word that is spelt with an f. ;) ;)

funkymook
10-07-2011, 06:54 PM
At the time, I was thinking of a word that is spelt with an f. ;) ;)

You Rude Boy! (see what I did there? didja, didja huh?)

DJ Jules
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM

I had big problems getting the right spelling for Rihanna when I first started (around the time when she just became a big success).

:D

Julian

Excalibur
10-07-2011, 09:12 PM
You Rude Boy! (see what I did there? didja, didja huh?)

Shut up and drive. :p

Corabar Steve
12-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Just going through Saturday's requests. This one made me smile:

This is how we do it - Montell Williams

Corabar Entertainment
12-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Made me smile too.

http://getmutualloans.com/montel-williams/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/MontelWilliamsShow-7584251.gif

Do they want Oprah for the background music?

:taxi: :coat:

Corabar Steve
12-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Ouch!