PDA

View Full Version : EV uhf RADIO MIKE R300 REVIEW

CRAZY K
17-07-2011, 08:32 PM
I won this at the free raffle down my local Disco Shop a while ago --Fabtronic in Northampton.

Used it a few times and was delighted then got bad feedback at a gig a month ago so asked the shop to check it out--its ok they said.

Used it again last night outdoors and discovered the problem is adjustments by me.:eek:

It has a very strong bass end and also a very high gain level.

So to set it up means keeping the bass at 10 oclock and the gain well down--the settings are completely different to my JTS which has less bass and gain---which is why I THOUGHT I was having problems.

It has a facility to lock on to the clearest channel, 14 hour battery from 2 AAs, 32 preset channels, the handheld transmitter has a backlit LCD display showing on/off/mute battery condition and the only criticism is to turn on and off involves using a fingernail delicately to the button in the end of the handheld transmitter.

Performance--my only interest--is excellent.

Better than my JTS because it seems to have a bit more body as you walk a distance from the speakers--holding the sound very well--a very punchy delivery.

I speak very close to the head and it gives a blistering performance--

According to the EV man its compliant when the frequency switch over occurs.

Im not sure how it compares to the Shure equivalent but certainly comparable I would think.

Certainly worth looking at if you need a quality radio Mike--retails around £350.