PDA

View Full Version : Who do you bank with?

Cowlinn
18-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm currently with Santander and hate them, terrible customer service IMO. Had problems with them which I wont go into now.

So I'm changing bank, who do you lot bank with? (personal banking) and how do you find their customer service?

Thanks a lot :)

Jiggles
18-07-2011, 12:18 AM
BOS CS is simple amazing imo. :) Every time I have been in one of their banks they seem they can't help you enough!

Cowlinn
18-07-2011, 12:19 AM
BOS CS

Bank Of Scotland.... Then you lost me :o

EDIT: ahh CUSTOMER SERVICE :D

Doesn't help me much down here though does it :o

Jiggles
18-07-2011, 12:35 AM
BOS/ Halifax same thing :) Also they are all over the UK anyway!

Cowlinn
18-07-2011, 12:42 AM
BOS/ Halifax same thing :) Also they are all over the UK anyway!

Ahh interesting about Halifax.

Never seen a BOS branch in my life :o (in England anyway)

discomobiledj
18-07-2011, 06:51 AM
To be fair, they're all as pony as each other.

I've had Barclays, Halifax, Santander and had problems with all of them.

Don't close your account until you've passed the credit checks AND had everythibg through. On another forum I go on someone opened an account, passed the credit check then was refused an account!

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
18-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Im with the Halifax,
completely average but as ive 3 accounts that give me 5 pounds each month just for depositing 1000 pounds into them.
So firstly 1000 is transfered into account 1 from account 3
sits there 5 days then moves into account 2, sits there for 5 days
they moves to account 3 sits there till next months auto cycle repeats.
Result? is your 15 pounds richer every month free!
ones my Buisiness account too so DAVESOUNDS gets a 60 quid a year for the privelidge of letting em be my bank...sounds fair eh?
Its all set up automatically and has been fine over 7 years since i set it up
Thats a profit of 180 for nothing.
cheers

Charlie Brown
18-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Santander, HSBC and Natwest.

Natwest win all the way.

DJ Jules
18-07-2011, 08:07 AM
LloydsTSB - though more through complacency and laziness than a preference for their products and services :D

In all seriousness though, in the 24yrs I've been with them they've never done anything to irritate me to the point where I've thought "there's got to be better than this"

Julian

Sapphire Disco
18-07-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm with Lloyd's TSB They're OK but the big ones are much of a muchness I think.
I have only heard good things about the Co-Op but have no personal experience of them.

Corabar Steve
18-07-2011, 08:55 AM
We're with the same banks as we were last time this question was asked.

& the time before...

& the time before...

& the time before...

& the time before...

& the time before..............

Cowlinn
18-07-2011, 08:57 AM
We're with the same banks as we were last time this question was asked.

& the time before...

& the time before...

& the time before...

& the time before...

& the time before..............

Sorry Steve, I know...:search:

:coat:

chrisj
18-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Barclays messed me up by freezing my account after my first wife emptied it. Then I was with Halifax but they mixed up outgoing payments somehow and I am now with Lloyds TSB. Great car park, less than 5 miles away and good customer service.
All other banks are in town and I hate going inot town as it is so busy now plus I would need to pay for parking.

simonp
18-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Lloyds TSB

soundtracker
18-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I have worked for 3 of the Big 4 and banked with the other one, they are all identical, even down to all of their forms being printed by the same company! The only difference used to be, if you managed to strike up a decent rapport with a local manager, you might get a bit of help. Nowadays the local branches are managed by kids, who are basically wet behind the ears and do everything by numbers, if you get good service, that's down to an individual, and is certainly not company policy! I have a lot of friends that are still in banking, they all agree with my sentiments, but tell me that basically as long as the bottom-line profits stack up, their "superiors" really don't give one! Every time I see an old colleague I get told how lucky I am to have escaped!
So the advice is simple - Choose the one with the easiest parking!

Excalibur
18-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Once upon a time, I would have praised HSBC to the heavens, and roundly cursed NatWest. In some ways, nowadays, I might reverse that rating.

I think Pete's bang on with his views, it's a matter of luck and parking. :(

DazzyD
18-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Another one for Halifax.

Im with the Halifax,
completely average but as ive 3 accounts that give me 5 pounds each month just for depositing 1000 pounds into them.
So firstly 1000 is transfered into account 1 from account 3
sits there 5 days then moves into account 2, sits there for 5 days
they moves to account 3 sits there till next months auto cycle repeats.
Result? is your 15 pounds richer every month free!
ones my Buisiness account too so DAVESOUNDS gets a 60 quid a year for the privelidge of letting em be my bank...sounds fair eh?
Its all set up automatically and has been fine over 7 years since i set it up
Thats a profit of 180 for nothing.
cheers

From what I can gather, the £1000 per month deposits is culmulative meaning you could put in £250, withdraw it, put it back in, withdraw put it back in, withdraw it and then put it back in again and you'd still get the £fiver!! Unless Halifax have clicked on to people doing this and have plugged that loophole. I'm not quite up to date with it (and I haven't got the Reward account, anyway!).

Pe7e
18-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I can think of easier ways to make a fiver.

Gary (GDK)
18-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Natwest for me :)

Get Me A DJ
04-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm currently with Santander and hate them, terrible customer service IMO. Had problems with them which I wont go into now.

So I'm changing bank, who do you lot bank with? (personal banking) and how do you find their customer service?

Thanks a lot :)

Same here about Santander.
Since they bought out Alliance and Leicester all I've had is problem after problem with them.
I've told them loads of times to close the business account down (even put it in writing) and they STILL have the account open and they are charging me fees on top!!
I should have seen the warning signs as I had a Santander account for the company when I lived in Spain :(

Halifax are a waste of space.
I've been with them for over 30 years and they treat me like dirt (so much for being loyal to the long term customer like it says on the telly advert) and they even charge me for being £1.00 over my agreed limit !!
They also pulled a £600.00 overdraft on me without telling me. One minute I had the money, the next it disappeared.
When I enquired about it and tried to come to an arrangement with them, they basically turned around and said tuff.

I have a business account with Barclays now and to be honest they have not let me down yet.
I pay a fee of £20.00 per month and I get free legal assistance, loads of software (including the latest version of Quickbooks accounting software updated everytime there is a new release (or you can have Sage)) as well as business help and advise on line and over the phone.
And because my adviser managed to wangle a deal, I'm "technically" classed as a new business, (even though I'm not) I get 2 years free banking out of it as well :D

Craig - Dragon Discos
04-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm with Natwest for personal & business and I can't fault them. To be honest, I had 1 problem around 5 years ago where they kept changing my account to an account which cost £7 or something a month, but when I noticed they changed it back and refunded the costs. Touch wood, had no problems since. My business banking is with them too now and it's free, when the free banking ends then onli e transactions are still free (which is why I gently encourage all my customers to pay via bacs)

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
04-01-2012, 09:13 AM
I can think of easier ways to make a fiver.

er Actually i make 15 Pounds per month for doing nothing!
Thats 180 Pounds a year PLUS free banking out of the Halifax for me.
It was all set up in branch to be automatic.

Regards