PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it...

Solitaire Events Ltd
10-08-2011, 12:36 PM
....when you send an email to someone (at a venue) asking lots of questions about access, space etc and they completely ignore some of your questions!

MikeW
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
....when you send an email to someone (at a venue) asking lots of questions about access, space etc and they completely ignore some of your questions!

Or completely ignore the whole email :)

Mark Wild
10-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Or completely ignore the whole email :)

:lol: That's what I was going to say.

Shakermaker Promotions
10-08-2011, 12:48 PM
To answer the question - Yes, I really hate it.
Saying that though, I have had really positive comments from venues when I have phoned up to arrange access and set up times and also asked if they need to see my PLI and PAT documentation. They seemed surprised but also impressed that someone does it all properly. I have had them say to me that they usually have to chase up those details and also that DJ's just seem to turn up as and when.

Just goes to show that being a pro isn't just about the kit you use and how good you are.

DiscoMagic
10-08-2011, 04:43 PM
In my mind this is simple and blatent rudeness...

Also hate those venues, where the staff / event manager treat you like scum or at least some kind of sub standard servant, simply becuase they are soooo far up their own :Censored:

Corabar Entertainment
10-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I actually had 2 clients (both weddings last Saturday) contact me within a day of each other saying that their respective venues had contacted them asking them to get us to send in our PAT & PLI.

In both cases, I had emailed the venue the week before with these, and double-checking access times, etc, etc (as we always do) without any reply.

So in answer to your question - yes - PITA!

JTRS
10-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Couldn't agree more.

I've got a wedding tomorrow night, the venue wanted PAT/PLI emailing, so I did, I asked them to confirm they'd received it and everything was in order. When I hadn't heard back from them I rang them and was told my email had been received and they'd printed out my docs and were in the wedding file.

Sheer flipping ignorance!

JTRS

DeckstarDeluxe
10-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Had it here too.

Bride rang me on the 2nd of August because a venue here wouldn't allow their non insured DJ to perform at the venue. They had only informed them less than a week before her Wedding and yet while I supplied PLI/PAT they couldn't be bothered to reply to let me know they have received them.