PDA

View Full Version : S&H Booth & Ultimax Winch and Wheel

DynamoTom
12-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Hello guys,

As I am in the process of looking to buy a booth, the S&H Booth seems to be the winning one for me.

The question I have for you guys is, if I was to buy an S&H booth, I would be looking at getting an Ultimax Winch and Wheel stand to go with it for a deck stand rig, but I'm not sure what size I would need? 1.2 metres with 3 metre overhead or 1.7 metres with 3 metre overhead?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Tom.

ian8limelight
13-08-2011, 12:01 AM
I have got the 1.2M 'Pro Winch & Wheel' stand from Ultimate, and used to have an S&H stand to go round it, it fitted perfectly for me.

DynamoTom
13-08-2011, 12:04 AM
I have got the 1.2M 'Pro Winch & Wheel' stand from Ultimate, and used to have an S&H stand to go round it, it fitted perfectly for me.

Is there any difference between the Pro and the normal one?

ian8limelight
13-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Is there any difference between the Pro and the normal one?

I'm not completely sure but I don't think so. I bought the stand when it first came out, I think it's just been re-branded under Ultimax.

Booche
13-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Not sure on the S&H but i feel that the DSB is all round better product but as i don't own either i will step back

I've seen Pauls (Spirits High) DSB and i must say it looks and is very good quality :D

DynamoTom
13-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Not sure on the S&H but i feel that the DSB is all round better product but as i don't own either i will step back

I've seen Pauls (Spirits High) DSB and i must say it looks and is very good quality :D

Yes, I do like the DSB, but I feel it's more of a surround than a booth. Just my opinion.

I much prefer the look of the S&H booth to the DSB.

Booche
13-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Yes, I do like the DSB, but I feel it's more of a surround than a booth. Just my opinion.

I much prefer the look of the S&H booth to the DSB.

Hmmm not quite sure as im preety sure the S&H is a surround were as the DSB is a deckstand

DynamoTom
13-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Hmmm not quite sure as im preety sure the S&H is a surround were as the DSB is a deckstand

Yes, you are correct there. I was mainly speaking about the look of it.

Booche
13-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Yes, you are correct there. I was mainly speaking about the look of it.

Again think you really need to check them both out as they are near identical as of looks wise :confused:

DynamoTom
13-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Again think you really need to check them both out as they are near identical as of looks wise :confused:

I am sticking with the S&H booth as I prefer it to the DSB.

Booche
13-08-2011, 12:40 AM
I am sticking with the S&H booth as I prefer it to the DSB.

Ok no worries

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2011, 08:20 AM
The 1.7 Ultimax stand won't fit inside the S&H, so forget that idea.

The look of the S&H and DSB is very similar, but the S&H is squarer.

DynamoTom
13-08-2011, 10:18 AM
The 1.7 Ultimax stand won't fit inside the S&H, so forget that idea.

The look of the S&H and DSB is very similar, but the S&H is squarer.

Ok, I have chosen to go for the 1.2 metre deck stand with 3.0 metre overhead lighting bar.

Charlie Brown
13-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I much prefer the look of the S&H stand but the DSB is more practical.

110% go for the pea light version. You'll be tempted to opt for the LED version but it's too harsh IMO.

Jiggles
13-08-2011, 10:59 AM
It's amazing hope people can differ! The shape of the S&H booth looks really dated! Just feels really 80s. Just one of those things I suppose.

DynamoTom
13-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I much prefer the look of the S&H stand but the DSB is more practical.

110% go for the pea light version. You'll be tempted to opt for the LED version but it's too harsh IMO.

Yes, I will go for the pealight version to start off with. I will eventually get a white LED star cloth for it for when I do weddings.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2011, 11:27 AM
It's amazing hope people can differ! The shape of the S&H booth looks really dated! Just feels really 80s. Just one of those things I suppose.

How can the fact that the S&H is slightly straighter make it look dated? The only real difference is a few inches and a slight angle! :lol:

I'm not sure that the booth was around in the 80s either - now if you had been talking screens, then fair enough.