PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace FC, South London - Player's Lounge

Happy Jack
18-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

Just a request for some information in preparation. Fortunately the venue is fairly local so I'll be able to arrange a visit myself within the next day or two, but any insight from others who have worked it would be gratefully received.

Standard questions. Access, power drops, house facilities, and anything else that may be worth being aware of?

Thanks in advance.

DiscoMagic
19-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Been there for a function, and from what I can remember acoustics are poor, and ceiling is low... and I THINK that it is upstairs, but I may be wrong...

Guys there are all nice and helpful enought though - not up themselves like some venues... :eek:

What kind of gig are you doing there? (just curious - being an eagles fan myself!) :)

Happy Jack
19-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your reply, Ralph.

What kind of gig are you doing there?
Regarding the gig, we've been approached for some lighting for an 'entertainment evening' consisting of a dance troupe and a band with chorus. Sound duties may feature but it is looking like that has been covered; the event has not yet been confirmed, though, so it may all change!

Concerned about height and angles for the key light, primarily. A low ceiling always means a compromise but I gather it is a relatively large space? Curious to have a look now, but I'll await confirmation if it comes and take it from there. Will try and remember to take the camera and update this thread, also.

(just curious - being an eagles fan myself!) :)
Certainly some spectacle against Coventry, eh?!