PDA

View Full Version : New directory

Richie
18-09-2006, 02:45 PM
I have just finished building a new directory aimed at retailers and wholesalers. This ties in with my main site which offers ecommerce solutions for retailers. I would appreciate your comments and views before I officially launch the site. The site can be found at www.retailtradedirect.com

Shaun
18-09-2006, 03:10 PM
It looks great. Clean, easy to navigate and professional looking. Nice job.

ian8limelight
18-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Very clear site and easy to navigate around Richie, nice one. :teeth:

alexperrins
18-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi Richie.
I like the site. Has a nice simple colour scheme as ever. Adverts aren't intrusive which is good. Would suggest one thing, though obviously I can't tell how this would work -
I’m unsure whether the site directory includes shops who have no internet presence. If it does, it would be nice to have a search box for both a store and a specific area at the same time as I would imagine you may get rather a lot of results with one keyword. I.e. How would I search for a jewellery store in Birmingham only without filtering the search through UK>England>? Maybe you could add counties as well or have a section where you state where in the world you are to begin with?
Also, if I typed in just typed in “dvd” in the first box, for example, will the directory feed me information for retailers all around the world all together and then you have to filter them?

If the site is aimed at retailers/wholesalers only, is the classified section aimed at retailers advertising to sell their products to other retailers? I was a little unclear about this.. I imagine this is not for individual consumer use to advertise their car?
Also, what is the articles section for?

I’m probably just being dense Richie as I have no experience in this sort of thing, otherwise you have a great site. :)

Richie
18-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi Richie.
I like the site. Has a nice simple colour scheme as ever. Adverts aren't intrusive which is good. Would suggest one thing, though obviously I can't tell how this would work -
I’m unsure whether the site directory includes shops who have no internet presence. If it does, it would be nice to have a search box for both a store and a specific area at the same time as I would imagine you may get rather a lot of results with one keyword. I.e. How would I search for a jewellery store in Birmingham only without filtering the search through UK>England>? Maybe you could add counties as well or have a section where you state where in the world you are to begin with?
Also, if I typed in just typed in “dvd” in the first box, for example, will the directory feed me information for retailers all around the world all together and then you have to filter them?

If the site is aimed at retailers/wholesalers only, is the classified section aimed at retailers advertising to sell their products to other retailers? I was a little unclear about this.. I imagine this is not for individual consumer use to advertise their car?
Also, what is the articles section for?

I’m probably just being dense Richie as I have no experience in this sort of thing, otherwise you have a great site. :)

Excellent comments that have got me thinking. The UK at the moment goes down to county level for England and I am yet working on the rest.

I will try and add a filter on the search bar to select country.

The classifieds section is for anybody to use and is completely free.

Unfortunately though it is at the moment only for shops with websites although I am looking into doing company profile pages for shops without.

EDIT: Just made a few changes to the home page.

Cheers,
Richie

alexperrins
18-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Glad to be of service :)

SnakeyEyes
13-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I do like it :approve: but i do think there is something missing. Although professional and clean looking, it seems a bit bland to me, needs something, maybe a more striking banner to give it a distinguished look

Other than that, good:)