PDA

View Full Version : MC6000 - loss of sound!

Spirits High
20-08-2011, 11:50 AM
At last nights gig the 6000 played up a bit.

On a couple of occassions it lost sound from one ch, once left and once right. It was probably for a second or two and only noticeable to the more astute in the crowd.

However worse was to come when it lost sound totally on both ch's :eek:

VDJ was still working as normal but no sound :confused: I had another track cued up on the other deck so hit the play button and it was fine.

It all behaved for the rest of the night but did have me on edge a bit.

Anyone else had this problem?

All connecting leads were secure etc and the booth didn't take a hit. So am a bit puzzled.

hammy
20-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes I have had this a few times but usually only on 1 channel and I cannot figure out what is causing it

Charlie Brown
20-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I was tempted to buy one the other day but it seems quite unreliable?

Spirits High
20-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Yes I have had this a few times but usually only on 1 channel and I cannot figure out what is causing it

Proper weird! Interesting to hear from other users.

I was tempted to buy one the other day but it seems quite unreliable?

Wouldn't say unreliable, more teething problems as it is still quite new to the market.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Did the track stop Paul and could you press the play button to get it going again?

Spirits High
20-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Did the track stop Paul and could you press the play button to get it going again?

No, the track was still playing on VDJ, platter turning, sound level meter working etc

I pressed play on the other deck and it worked fine sound came on straight away. Very strange.

I've been trying to get on the denon dj forum to see if this is a known fault but can't seem to get it load.

katman
20-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Is is directly connected to a USB port on the computer or is is via a USB Hub ? thats could cause a bottleneck.

also have you got the latest drivers, I see there is a 2.2 driver on the Denon website. check Windows update for optional updates as well incase there is a USB update for your machine. I have had to fix two vista laptops recently where Wifi wouldnt work on some routers and in both cases there was an optional update which cured the problem.

DeckstarDeluxe
20-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Not had this issue with mine.

Spirits High
20-08-2011, 02:06 PM

:p :p :p :p :p ;)

Mark Wild
20-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Me either.

supersound
21-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Just got a Macbook and last weekend during a kids party it lost full bass on the right deck.A quick reboot saw it right but hasnt happened again.
Thank god for my SDJ1 as backup.

Paul

Spirits High
21-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Used the 6000 again last night and no issues at all :confused:

welby
27-08-2011, 04:47 PM
no issues with mine either

Spirits High
27-08-2011, 06:33 PM
But then on Thursday night it did drop a ch again for about 5 seconds. Last night it was fine.

Let's see how tonight's wedding goes then :confused:

hammy
28-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Mine dropped a channel again tonight as well

Spirits High
28-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Mine dropped a channel again tonight as well

Mine did it again tonight aswell Both Channels :eek: So glad I had a full floor at the time :(

There must be something to it then?

I've scoured the Denon forums and have found issues on crackle but not on total loss :confused: :confused:

hammy
28-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I've scoured the Denon forums and have found issues on crackle but not on total loss :confused: :confused:

Ditto, I have looked everywhere and found nothing, Unlike yours my channel doesnt reappear I have to turn off vdj and Denon to get it back again (bit of mic work whilst doing it), I have not experienced any crackle though, Im not sure if its the program (vdj) or the mixer, Also last night I had the most awful feedback through the mic which I havnt had before.

DJ Jules
28-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I used to have problems with Audio drop out all the time, which I ended up attributing to a) AMD processor and chipset and b) Sony mobile phone driver intercepting communications between the machine and the USB port which caused latency issues and drop out.

Julian

Excalibur
28-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Also last night I had the most awful feedback through the mic which I havnt had before.

That was an immense problem for John and I on the one occasion when I helped him with it. Mind you, I'd have altered a few levels to help it, but I was only allowed to touch Play and Mic2 controls. :o :( :( :D :D

Paul, that's a real bummer, for one of the main points of the 6000 is having two hardware channels, but if you have to turn it off, well they're gone as well!

welby
28-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Why don't you perform a latency check on the laptop and then look at possible issues with the MC6000 controller.

I have had mine about 6 months and once I had sorted and tweaked the laptop for optimum performance it has behaved perfectly night after night.

p.s. My wireless hardware was affecting playback badly, once disabled it was solved.