PDA

View Full Version : Logo's

Adam_F
18-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I know some of you guys were good on the logo side of things, after seeing some you've designed. I'm toying with new designs now, with a couple of my mates designing a few for me. Just thought what ideas you may have, seeing as your all fellow DJ's. Any ideas welcome, really don't know what I want.

twistedbeatz

Cheers,
Adam

Candybeatdiscos
18-09-2006, 07:52 PM
my logo was designed by a friend and i looked at the type of business i have, i then looked at my country, and I took a local landmark, gives me identity shows who i am local too. check my logo on my website

Adam_F
18-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes, I have, and very swish it looks too. Thats why I'm letting a few of my mates have a go to see what they can come up with, but also open to ideas from fellow DJ's too.

Ricesnaps
18-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Luwnics.

I also had a little look at your site - nicely designed, easy to navigate, but I hope you won't mind one or two comments. I did find the how to hire a DJ very useful until I got about half way down. There are a couple of absolute inaccuracies (but fair enough), for example, PLI and PAT are not yet legal requirements - great to make the public aware that these are a good thing to have, but a little unfair to state it's legal. I aslo thought that your comments directly aimed at other disco's - web sites and attitude on the phone were a little uncalled for. It's your call, but generally I think it's better to sell yourself on your own merits and not because of how well you can put the client off the competition. There are many disco's (some on here I don't doubt), who don't have quite the flash site you have, but that doesn't make them a bad disco!

Finally, I wonder if the guarantee is actually a bad thing not a good thing. I apreciate that you have qualified it, but I don't think any of us can offer a satisfaction guarantee can we.

Not intended as a dig, but hope you don't mind a little constructive commenting!

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-09-2006, 09:25 PM
We will always be set up and started on time being one of the guarantees that could go horribly wrong!

Traffic, flat tyres, equipment going wrong could cause late starts and not be your fault.

How would you address that issue?

Shaun
18-09-2006, 09:28 PM
DJ Forgie,

What is it you're asking? Are you asking for concepts?, are you asking for members to provide graphic samples?.

A logo is a personal thing that should be born out of what you invision your design to look like. Have a look around the internet at different logos. See what shapes and styles you like and what color schemes you like. There are lots to consider when choosing a logo.

Let us see what your friends come up with and I'll be happy to give you my thoughts on their designs.

Shaun
18-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Finally, I wonder if the guarantee is actually a bad thing not a good thing. I apreciate that you have qualified it, but I don't think any of us can offer a satisfaction guarantee can we.

Hi Rice,

Lewnics "guarantee" doesn't guarantee satisfaction. He does however guarantee a set of standards.

Adam_F
20-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi Elite,

I will post up the designs when I get them, for peoples views on here. I've been thinking and thinking of different designs, and getting stuck!
Not on here as much now, as had to go back to some sort of day job, due to bookings drying up and losing a regular Friday gig :sad: Working at Hard to find Records though, so handy for cheap vinyl on the plus side :teeth:

Candybeatdiscos
20-09-2006, 09:54 PM
We will always be set up and started on time being one of the guarantees that could go horribly wrong!

Traffic, flat tyres, equipment going wrong could cause late starts and not be your fault.

How would you address that issue?

Thats one thing i problably can guarentee no probs as i have always been way too early for 99% of my gigs, for instance last friday i had a gig about 4 miles from my home, i was there at 5.30, setting up, i then went bought chips and went back...gig started at 8pm...

but yeah i agree with your comments but if i fail to be set up and get started at least 20 mins before the gig then i do not deserve thier money...flat tyre or not the gig could be a wedding and being say an hour late due to engine trouble is no excuse for possibly ruining someones special day

alexperrins
20-09-2006, 10:01 PM
DJ Forgie, can you get me discount? :) need some lighting at the moment and a goalpost stand! Sorry for the cheek, but I thought it was worth the ask!

Candybeatdiscos
20-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi Luwnics.

I also had a little look at your site - nicely designed, easy to navigate, but I hope you won't mind one or two comments. I did find the how to hire a DJ very useful until I got about half way down. There are a couple of absolute inaccuracies (but fair enough), for example, PLI and PAT are not yet legal requirements - great to make the public aware that these are a good thing to have, but a little unfair to state it's legal. I aslo thought that your comments directly aimed at other disco's - web sites and attitude on the phone were a little uncalled for. It's your call, but generally I think it's better to sell yourself on your own merits and not because of how well you can put the client off the competition. There are many disco's (some on here I don't doubt), who don't have quite the flash site you have, but that doesn't make them a bad disco!

Not intended as a dig, but hope you don't mind a little constructive commenting!

The page in question is a general information page, basically just giving clients advice, i feel that the line about the websites doesn't slag anyone off, just offers a wee bit of advice to look for (see below)

A quick word about mobile DJ websites...
If you're browsing the internet for a professional mobile disco service, you can tell a lot from a company's website.

o Is it simple to navigate
o Is the information clear and simple to understand
o How's the spelling and grammar

All minor points, but a sloppily designed website could be an indication of a less than professional outfit.

Can i ask if anyone else feels that perhaps i shouldn't have this on my site...personally i dont think it puts anyone down...just points that if someone has a sloppy site and doesn't pay attention to spelling and grammer then how do they go about thier business?

Shaun
20-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Can i ask if anyone else feels that perhaps i shouldn't have this on my site...personally i dont think it puts anyone down...just points that if someone has a sloppy site and doesn't pay attention to spelling and grammer then how do they go about thier business?

Hi Garry, I kinda agree with Ricey. I don't think that pointing out inadequacies of others is particularly the best way of promoting yourself. There are many reasons why someone might have a badly designed site (lack of funds, design-know-how or bad grammer) None of these are any indication that a dj is not a competent entertainer. I know some dj's that can barely write but they are good entertainers and deliver on the night.

Better to promote your strong points than competitors inadequacies.

Just my thoughts my friend :)

Candybeatdiscos
20-09-2006, 10:24 PM
as i say...i amlooking for the feedback...hey we cant better ourselves without it...so points taken...

Shaun
20-09-2006, 10:31 PM
You have the right attitude Garry. I've no doubt in my mind that you'll be successful. :beer: