PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Numark Mixtrack Pro

DJs Division
13-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

Just about to convert to using an Apple macbook with Traktor Pro 2. As that has taken most of my cash I was thinking of going with a budget controller to start with and have read some decent things about the Numark Mixtrack Pro.

Is anyone using it with TP2? Is the soundcard any good compared to the MC6000/S4?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Excalibur
13-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Hello Michael, and welcome aboard. Please take the time to pop across to the newbies section, and introduce yourself, it's quite painless, and folk like to know a bit about you. Thanks. As to your query here, I'm sorry it's not my area, but I'm sure one of the technocrats will be along soon and advise.

DJ Jules
13-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Yup, I'm using one with Virtual DJ.

Prior to buying it I had been using a pair of Denon DNS-1200's with a DN-X120 and I've found the sound quality comparable, if not better believe it or not (the older Denon decks are only 16bit, whereas the Numark is 24bit). It is a plastic unit, but the general build quality is good and the buttons and jog wheels are accurate and responsive. It's also about 12Kg lighter than my Denon kit :D

My only criticism of it is that the faders are quite heavy to move so if you're into scratching or like playing with the faders for effect during tracks, I don't think it'd last very long!

Julian

DJs Division
14-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Cheers Jules, think I will check it out at BPM and see what its like.

I dont tend to scratch that much so I think I could live with the faders. As a budget controller, if I got 2-3 years out of it I would be happy, just was a bit concerned with the sound quality but it looks like its not bad!

Corabar Entertainment
14-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Hello Michael

As Peter suggested above...
Hello Michael, and welcome aboard. Please take the time to pop across to the newbies section, and introduce yourself....... please have a read here: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711 and then start your own thread in the Newbies Forum (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=32) to introduce yourself to the rest of the forum.

:thanks:

DJ Jules
14-09-2011, 05:26 PM
...Oh, forgot to mention - another con - I'm still trying to find a flight bag for it which will comfortably take it and a laptop (it's 475mm long which is about 30mm longer than the biggest laptop bag I've seen so far) but admittedly I haven't had a lot of time to look. I am toying with the idea of fitting it with rack ears and putting it into a 19” casse with a rack mount PC, as it's so light the combination would still be managable.

For standard mobile use (fader up, press play, fader down) it'll go for years.

Julian

WWDJ
14-09-2011, 06:03 PM
See here

Mixtrack Pro Case - Cheap Solution - YouTube

and here

Tech air 18.4 inch Laptop Case (Shoulder Strap, Document Compartment): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

DJ Jules
18-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Lol, I was thinking about doing this:

Port Designs Aspen 18.4 Inch Laptop Backpack: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Until I saw the customer images (specifically the hole!)

I might see if I can track down one of these on the high street to have a look first:

Targus XL Laptop Backpack - Black/Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Julian