PDA

View Full Version : The Clock Barn, Whitchurch, Hampshire

Shakermaker Promotions
15-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Right guys, I don't need to know about access to this venue or anything because I have been there twice before. It was over 2 years ago.

I am there tomorrow night and also again in November.

When I was there in the past, there were no sound limiters. I have had the Terms & Conditions sent to me this week by the venue owner and she has stated (amongst many other things) that there is a sound limiter and it is set at 90db.

Most of the weddings that are held at the venue are bigger ones. I did a search on the forum to see if anyone had been there recently but couldn't find anything. I came up with an old thread where myself and Toby had been there and he posted a video of his visit.

So....has anyone been to this venue since they have had the sound limiter?
What kind of limiter is it? What I mean by that is.....Is it a handheld limiter that either the venue owner or one of the staff has that monitors the sound and if it gets too loud, they politely tell you to turn it down?

Any help would be great.
Cheers

Ecstatic Events
15-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Watching with interest. I spoke to my client about the "limiter" today. She was far from impressed.

At the very least, let me know how it goes G :)

yourdj
15-09-2011, 07:38 PM
She always used to have a hand one and regulated it very stringently.

Not sure these days - talk to Chris from Andover DJ's.

Any excuse :lol:

Your DJ - Clock Barn Winchester - Wedding Disco.m4v - YouTube

Shakermaker Promotions
15-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Do you have a number for him?
I have tried to contact the venue owner just now on both mobile and landline but both are on answer phone.

I would take a guess at it being handheld and if that's the case, fine.

[Edit] It's ok, found him on the web. Will call him.

Just to add, you are not allowed to use smoke there either and music has to finish at 11.30pm sharp!
Remember that when quoting for jobs in the future everyone.

Shakermaker Promotions
15-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Update - I have just spoken to Chris (very nice, helpful guy) who informed me that the soundlimiter is indeed......a handheld one that is monitored by the venue owner.

yourdj
15-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Update - I have just spoken to Chris (very nice, helpful guy) who informed me that the soundlimiter is indeed......a handheld one that is monitored by the venue owner.

Yep thought so. Chris is the secretary for the new South Central NADJ.
Great gathering of people without overinflated Ego's so far

from my experience of her cut the sound when your supposed to (even talking) or you will get shouted at :p Bring a jumper (as I am sure you know). ;) and dont set up nect to the air intake heater in the video (about three year old now) (it gets hot).

I bought a cheaper sound thingy from Maplin which really had come in handy recently as you can monitor
the sound output yourself as every track changes in levels. It impresses the venues as they can see you conscientious.

Shakermaker Promotions
15-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I was thinking of that too but the sound is going to differ from behind the speakers isn't it.
I am getting there at 11am tomorrow to set up so will get one on the way and spread the speakers out too.

I'm going to join NADJ (finally) too. My PLI expires on 9th October so I'll join up, get PLI with the NADJ and save money too.

Paul The Party Dj
16-09-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm there too in November so thanks for the thread.

The NADJ meetings are open to non-members - be great to see you there - and you'd also be very welcome at our HDA meetings in Southampton - there's a lunch next Tuesday.

Ecstatic Events
16-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Sounds like a venue that would be on a fair few blacklists. I'll give it a try, But from what I hear (and read) it's sounds extremely regimented.