PDA

View Full Version : Big Group Games...

Ryu
03-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on suitable games to play with large groups of 30-40 kids?

Doing a regular spot at School Disco's (4-11 yr olds) and have worked the Themed Musical Statues one to good effect....Islands game can be tricky (especially if you don't have your eyes on every kid...and they sneak back in after they are "out")

Any and all suggestions welcome! :)

Ryu
11-11-2011, 05:47 AM
A little bump, as the party is this evening...

Tonsk
11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Do musical statues, but have it boys v girls - so if a boy(s) move its a point to the girls and vice versa. saves having to be eagle eyed and get a lot of bored kids waiting around.!!

Ryu
11-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks Tonsk, not a bad shout!

Tonsk
11-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I know it's tonight so this will probably be too late, but get a large dice, print numbers one to six on A3 and laminate them.

Then get six volunteers to hold the numbers at intervals around the room.

They dance, music stops, they run to a number - ANY number except number 6.

Roll the dice, whatever it lands on have to go stand at number 6.

If it lands on number 6 then they are all back in! Can last as long or short as you want.

Equally to end it, you can do odds or evens - where one wall is odd the other is even and that's how you get them out.

What games did you use in the end?

Ryu
12-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi Tonsk, yep your second suggestion was read as I got home, else I'd have given it serious consideration.

Was a good night all in all, adapted the Musical statues ideas for both age groups (1hr 15 with 4-7 yr olds, 1hr 30 with 7-11 yr olds) and did boy/girl themed statues as opposed to a VS situation. Also as it was a late Halloween party most of them were dressed for the occasion so I did a bit of best dressed judging and handed out spot prizes to 'enthusiastic' dancers.

It's probably my 5-6th gig like this at the school but it's nice to freshen things up, nex time round I'll see how your suggestions go.

Thanks for your help!

supersound
12-11-2011, 09:51 AM
tiny step forward

get them to line up on a back wall.shout on the mike a tint step forward if you.....them make stuff up.
Then when they get close to you and reverse them.then say i was looking for the one that ..dosen't tidy bedroom ect.

Paul