PDA

View Full Version : TV ads

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Has anyone found they get requests for suff used in ads?

Or have you heard something in an ad & thought I'll give that a try?

At last Sundays wedding, whilst looking for something else I stumbled across "Sailor - Glass of champagne" & thought what the hell let's give it a go. Very good reaction! :teeth:

I took a risk & it paid off, I might add that it wasn't a particularly well attended do, in a 2 room venue & being a lovely evening quite a few were also outside. It actually increased the ammount of people dancing!!!!!! :omg: :teeth:
I'm not sure if I'd've tried it if I'd had a full dancefloor though :teeth:

djbigdevs
22-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Has anyone found they get requests for suff used in ads?

Or have you heard something in an ad & thought I'll give that a try?

At last Sundays wedding, whilst looking for something else I stumbled across "Sailor - Glass of champaigne" & thought what the hell let's give it a go. Very good reaction! :teeth:

I took a risk & it paid off, I might add that it wasn't a particularly well attended do, in a 2 room venue & being a lovely evening quite a few were also outside. It actually increased the ammount of people dancing!!!!!! :omg: :teeth:
I'm not sure if I'd've tried it if I'd had a full dancefloor though :teeth:

Don't think I've heard of that (or recognise it by name). What ad is it from?

alexperrins
22-09-2006, 10:32 AM
I've had a few people ask for the T-Mobile ad. Bedouin Sounclash - When The Night Feels My Song. Not particularly dancable though. :)

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Can't remember off the top of my head, I heard it in the background a while ago which reminded me. It came out in 1975 & was one of my favourites at the time. I'll post up when I see it again

Think I'll try "the Kingsmen - Louie Louie" (Matalan) tonight :teeth: It's about time I got to play some real Garage at a gig :teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 10:35 AM
I've had a few people ask for the T-Mobile ad. Bedouin Sounclash - When The Night Feels My Song. Not particularly dancable though. :)
Just been re-released

soundtracker
22-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Marks & Spencers - If we're having a Sailor revival - dig out Girls,girls, girls - top track

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 10:36 AM
It's on ITV1 now

Too slow you missed it :teeth:

CRAZY K
22-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Top track Steve--Glass of Champagne

Sounds as good as ever :teeth:

CRAZY K

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Marks & Spencers - If we're having a Sailor revival - dig out Girls,girls, girls - top track
Top tune!

Yep, M&S ad with Twiggy

No7 make up are using "Jefferson Airplane - White rabbit" now. :teeth: Class!!!!!! :teeth: :teeth:

alexperrins
22-09-2006, 10:41 AM
While we are on the subject, anybody know what the song on the K-Swiss advert is? Goes "Monkey see, monkey do, new york city and I'm with you!"

BeerFunk
22-09-2006, 11:02 AM
There have been loads of tracks which have actually been broken into success through TV Ad use - Mr Oizo - Flat Beat, Les Rhythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (Re-release), Room 5 - Make Luv, that dancey Indian-style one from the Peugeot Ad I can't remember the name of (:)) to name but a few

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 11:03 AM
There have been loads of tracks which have actually been broken into success through TV Ad use & indeed a lot that hit big again after being used in an ad 20th Centry Boy, Should I stay or should I go, Allright now,etc
- Mr Oizo - Flat Beat, Les Rhythmes Digitales - Jacques Your Body (Re-release), Room 5 - Make Luv, that dancey Indian-style one from the Peugeot Ad I can't remember the name of (:)) to name but a fewWas that Punjabi MC?

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman was another goodun

BeerFunk
22-09-2006, 11:10 AM
that Punjabi MC?

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman was another goodun
That's the one! :teeth:

Yes, Spaceman is a fantastic track! :thumbs_up

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Yes, Spaceman is a fantastic track! :thumbs_upEven if it does rip off Bauhaus - She's in parties note for note in the middle

Corabar Entertainment
22-09-2006, 11:51 AM
While we are on the subject, anybody know what the song on the K-Swiss advert is? Goes "Monkey see, monkey do, new york city and I'm with you!"Funnily enough, Steve was wondering the exact same thing last night.

BeerFunk
22-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Even if it does rip off Bauhaus - She's in parties note for note in the middle
Just had a listen to that, do you mean the 2 sections in She's In Parties which is rap-like? I can see the comparison, but 'note for note' is harsh!!

Corabar Steve
22-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Funnily enough, Steve was wondering the exact same thing last night.
I was?

Actually yes I was :embarasse , isn't there a site that lists advert music?

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I was?

Actually yes I was :embarasse , isn't there a site that lists advert music?

Yup, here (http://www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk/index.asp).

Have a disco
22-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Its the same with film music I did a film and advert night a few years back was a great night

ian8limelight
22-09-2006, 07:18 PM
One that really goes down well ................................... (from the Citroen Ad):-

Candybeatdiscos
22-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Sailor - Glass of champagne - just purchased from itunes :)

Corabar Steve
23-09-2006, 01:19 AM
We have a convert :teeth:

dj_ags
23-09-2006, 07:57 AM

We also had that requested a couple of times over the last month :)

However, i would say that the most requests we have had over the last month for a particular song would be:

David Guetta vs The Egg - Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)

Which started life as a TV ad...if that counts :teeth:

BeerFunk
23-09-2006, 09:51 AM
We also had that requested a couple of times over the last month :)

However, i would say that the most requests we have had over the last month for a particular song would be:

David Guetta vs The Egg - Love Don't Let Me Go (Walking Away)

Which started life as a TV ad...if that counts :teeth:
Yeah, true, but as a house fan, I would like to add that I think it's rubbish! :)

alexperrins
23-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey, I'm a huge house fan & I think it's brilliant! :) Though, it has been in the clubs long before it was an advert!

Danno13
23-09-2006, 11:44 AM
They were also two different tracks that were both good in their own right anyway.. but good mashup none the less.

Played Nina Simone vs Groovefinder quite a lot when the Muller Ads were on. I remember Happy Together by the Turtles was in an ad once, which prompted me to play it a bit more..

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-09-2006, 12:39 PM
One that really goes down well ................................... (from the Citroen Ad):-

I 've been playing that at the end of my shows for quite a while.

That, and the theme from Taxi, depending on what kind of night it's been.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-09-2006, 12:41 PM

I met one of the guys in sailor a few years ago at one of my gigs.

He is now a school teacher, and he came and asked me to play one of his tunes, as the kids from his school didn't believe he had had hit records.

I think I played girls girls girls though.

Have a disco
23-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Malcolm McClaren British Airways song still sticks in my mind as all time great

Corabar Steve
24-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Bedouin Sounclash - When The Night Feels My Song. Not particularly dancable though. :)
I had a fair few dance to it on Friday night