PDA

View Full Version : Traktor help

djtrev
09-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Output using Numark Total Control with Traktor Pro.
Last night while playing a track from a playlist I went into track collection and typed in the name of an artist and the music stopped.It happened on a few occasions.
Anyone got any theories on the cause.

WWDJ
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Output using Numark Total Control with Traktor Pro.
Last night while playing a track from a playlist I went into track collection and typed in the name of an artist and the music stopped.It happened on a few occasions.
Anyone got any theories on the cause.

Have a look in Configuration -> Controller Manager

You may have some keyboard commands mapped to transport controls. If your cursor was not in the search box, potentially the keyboard could have been controlling Traktor. My advice would be to turn off keyboard control and then map only the commands you need to to keyboard.

djtrev
09-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.I will check it out during the week

djtrev
10-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Just been checking this out and it is the keyboard that is mapped to the controls ie A is play/pause on deck A and Q is play/pause on deck B.
Now I have to work out how to disable the keyboard from the controller and assign the controller.

simonp
10-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Just been checking this out and it is the keyboard that is mapped to the controls ie A is play/pause on deck A and Q is play/pause on deck B.
Now I have to work out how to disable the keyboard from the controller and assign the controller.

Yeah, that's the default mapping mate, as Dave says I reckon your cursor has strayed from the search box and into the 'deck field area' just as you have typed.

djtrev
10-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes that seems exactly what it is.A bit of a learning curve coming up

WWDJ
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Delete the commands from the keyboard mapping that you don't need. There could be quite a lot.

I have left a few like F Keys for the favourite playlists. Up/Down, Page Up/Down can be quite useful aswell as navigation gets quite difficult.

Save your own version under a different name just in case you need to old one back (unlikely as you can use the mouse for most things anyhow)

Over time my keyboard become mostly custom mapped as you discover you want to do new things as press of a key.

djtrev
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Getting to grips with it slowly.It appears there are quite a few commands that I will not use but obviously when I use the keyboard to search,the letters A and Z stop play on either deck A or B but only if the search box is not activated.Bearing this in mind would it mean that I should disable all the letters on the keyboard and assign their function to another key on the keyboard,for instance 1 and 2 would stop play on decks A/B

WWDJ
10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Getting to grips with it slowly.It appears there are quite a few commands that I will not use but obviously when I use the keyboard to search,the letters A and Z stop play on either deck A or B but only if the search box is not activated.Bearing this in mind would it mean that I should disable all the letters on the keyboard and assign their function to another key on the keyboard,for instance 1 and 2 would stop play on decks A/B

For piece of mind I would remove any keyboard commands that could stop or affect the music.

As I say mine are mostly limited to switching between favourite playlists or dropping a track into the preparation list, but nothing that could stop play.

To stop play I would need to use the midi controller or the mouse.

djtrev
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks for your help on this.I am afraid I am not much of a techie man and it was proving a bit of a headache.
I appear to have got rid off the problem of the music stopping.Thank you.

James
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi mate, i had a few issues when i first started using traktor 4/5 years ago

Best place to go is to the native instruments forum and go to the traktor section, register on the forum and ask your questions there, you'll get a good response

djtrev
11-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Will do thanks