PDA

View Full Version : Ever been discovered somewhere else??

STEVE HANLEY
11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
So I took a phone call last night from a mobile. A lady enquiring about a disco for a 30th birthday party.

So I went through all the usual splurg: Date times and venue. To which she replied: The something something ( I can't remember ) THETFORD.

Me: In Norfolk?
Her: Yes
Me: You do realise I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne
Her: On no I Just searched Mobile discos Norwich and there you were:eek:
The phone call didn't go much further:D :D

Then I takes another call this morning. A lady enquiring about a kids party in Manchester:daft: :daft:

Some of you have probably been headhunted overseas. But apart from African women wanting to deposit large sums of money into a bank acccount they would like me to open on their behalf. I never receive Jack :Censored: from abroad.

So come on peeps where have you turned up before??

NKR
11-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I got an enquiry to do the society of Buffalo's or whatever they were called in Bedfordshire. A fair old drive from lancashire.

Vectis
11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
So I took a phone call last night from a mobile. A lady enquiring about a disco for a 30th birthday party.

So I went through all the usual splurg: Date times and venue. To which she replied: The something something ( I can't remember ) THETFORD.

Then I takes another call this morning. A lady enquiring about a kids party in Manchester:daft: :daft:

Some of you have probably been headhunted overseas. But apart from African women wanting to deposit large sums of money into a bank acccount they would like me to open on their behalf. I never receive Jack :Censored: from abroad.

Well if she used Google she must have gone way past page #10 because that's where I stopped looking :D

Maybe it's the "All Areas" thing? ;)

STEVE HANLEY
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Well if she used Google she must have gone way past page #10 because that's where I stopped looking :D

Maybe it's the "All Areas" thing? ;)

It could have been Mobile discos Norfolk, but you get the gist.

It's all down that way isn't it?;) ;) :D

DeckstarDeluxe
11-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Had one for an event in america once, can't remember the state but they have a place called Cheltenham and I do have a dot com site.

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I've had half a dozen in from the States - there is a Reading in the States, so I assume that's what happens there.

I have also had emails for events in Scotland, Norfolk, Lancs, Yorkshire and quite a few others.

CRAZY K
11-10-2011, 03:32 PM

Often get enquiriies from USA because of our American Themes.

Usually obvious from the US type Zip Codes:daft:

Also Scotland, Wales and NI none of which I (we) cover.

We did send a Band to the Channel Islands but have since declined work as the effort of organising it outweights the fees we charged---and then the price gets silly if we charge what we should.

Jonny Boy
11-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Based near Cardiff, and had enquiries for venues in Newquay & Ilfracombe (Cornwall), Torbay, Norfolk, Newcastle-u-Tyne, Glasgow, Liverpool, Berkshire, Leeds/Doncaster, Portsmouth. Don't advertise these places but do say I'll travel anywhere STC. And it's usually the extra costs that are prohibitive.

I've also been asked if I'd travel to Knock (W. Eire?), S. W. France, S. Spain & was also invited to perform in New Orleans! (Although the last one was for a friend's charity event and they couldn't pay anything....:eek: )

MBK
11-10-2011, 04:22 PM
South Africa – I gave out the card to a lady who asked me to DJ her 50th birthday, it turned out that I said distance no object have van will travel or along those lines.

But apart from that get the odd call from the States mainly due to vintage disco light collection with people looking to hire them for the evening.

funkymook
11-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I was apparently discovered somewhere else a few weeks ago!

Got a phone call last night, lady told me her daughter had spoke to me a few weeks ago at a party about booking me for her 50th. Couldn't remember but I didn't let on and went with it.

All was going very well until I quoted my fee - 'oh, but you said you charged £30ph and as it's from 8 - 11 it should be £90'.

'Hmmm, what was the date of the party where I spoke to your daughter?'

A quick check revealed I was playing the other side of London and not in a local community hall! How she managed to get my number instead of the other DJ we couldn't work out.

Still, she was very nice and I enjoyed chatting to her - don't think she will be getting back to me though, unless it's by mistake!

Craig - Dragon Discos
11-10-2011, 07:03 PM
I've had half a dozen enquiries for Perth in Australia. It turns out there's another disco out there with the same name as me, and I have a .com website so they presume it's me?

chrisj
11-10-2011, 09:37 PM

I am at the top of 'Mobile discos Norwich' or '...Norfolk', well, below the ones that pay, and I didn't get the enquiry.
Can't win 'em all I say.'specially if they don't enquire. Never for get Thetford in the Carnegie Hall 1969 with a 7 piece band. Now they were the dayeeeeees, looooong agooooo.

JDB Entertainment
12-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Birmingham, Alabama have a few from there :)