PDA

View Full Version : Is it me as well ?

DJ Paulie
11-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Following on from Ryu's thread, why do you think my site isn't producing leads ? Is it too dark ? or the fact it doesn't show properly in anything other than Firefox or IE8 or above ? Or maybe we are really in a resession ? http://www.discoroyale.net

DeckstarDeluxe
11-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Well how are you promoting the site? Are you sitting there expecting work to fall into your lap or are you actively promoting it with other means such as twitter?

Recession or not there is work out there and plenty of it

Spirits High
11-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Recession or not there is work out there and plenty of it

I'm with you there Neil. You really do have to push things by every means possible.

Dynamic Entertainment
11-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Not only do I agree with the above...but i couldnt find you on google, within the first 5 pages (i gave up after that).

Search terms were:

Baile Átha Cliath Mobile Disco
Dublin Mobile Disco

DJ Paulie
12-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Well if you search for these terms on Google Ireland I'm fairly high.
DJ hire Dublin page 1
Dublin DJ hire page 1
DJ Hire page 1
Dublin Disco Hire page 3

I have Twitter, Linkdin, and facebook profiles, but the facebook page hasn't had musch posted due to no bookings. So it's a viscious circle, no posts of bookings, no booking because of no posts ! Hopefully it'll pick up later this month.

Corabar Entertainment
12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Do you monitor your web stats? Are you getting the traffic in the first place, but no enquiries, or are you not getting the traffic?

DJ Paulie
12-10-2011, 01:48 AM
yes monitor them in Google webmaster tools, not bad stats, but no enquiries :(

discomobiledj
12-10-2011, 04:38 AM
It doesn't show properly in IE8 where I am.

TonyB
12-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Your first page doesn't really show that you are a mobile disco - just a DJ. Most people look at the first thing they see and it says you are a mobile DJ but if I was looking for a disco, you're not what I want!

May sound silly but people are easily confused and if they don't see what they want immediately, they move onto the next one.

Your banner at the top takes up a quarter of the page and says nothing. That is taking up prime real estate. At the top of the page you should say who you are, what you do and have contact details that stand out.

So at the top of the page you should have something along the lines of:

I am Royale disco and I provide a mobile DJ and disco service in Dublin, Baile Átha Cliath and surrounding areas. To book me contact me on <telephone> or <email> <contact form>

Then go into bullet points with more details about what you do e,g, weddings, corporate teen parties etc.

Use the full width of the page and have it hit the client as soon as they click on your site.

Identify about 6 key word that you think clients will use when searching and use them in the page title tag, meta description and mention them 3 or 4 times in paragraphs on the page (you can tweak individual pages for different sets of keywords normally but don't know if thats possible with Wordpress)

All well and good as long as you get people there. Think of your target market and where will people in your target market look to find a DJ. If its weddings then get listed on wedding directories. Do a google search for the type of words that you think prospective clients will use and then find out where the competition that are listed have advertised (very often they will come up on directory listings) then go and get yourself listed where they are.

ppentertainments
12-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Might just be me, but I am finding work gained through websites in general is down. Most of my work now comes from recommendations and people who have seen me.

Dynamic Entertainment
12-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Well if you search for these terms on Google Ireland I'm fairly high.
DJ hire Dublin page 1
Dublin DJ hire page 1
DJ Hire page 1
Dublin Disco Hire page 3

I have Twitter, Linkdin, and facebook profiles, but the facebook page hasn't had musch posted due to no bookings. So it's a viscious circle, no posts of bookings, no booking because of no posts ! Hopefully it'll pick up later this month.

But, even as a dj....if i was looking for a mobile disco....those necesarily wouldnt be the first searches i made ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
12-10-2011, 02:54 PM
With Steve above, the only use able search term that you mentioned your on the third page!

Davy
27-10-2011, 10:29 AM
yes monitor them in Google webmaster tools, not bad stats, but no enquiries :(

That means you need to change your site content .

If you werent getting traffic then you need to work on getting your site found.

CRAZY K
27-10-2011, 08:16 PM
That means you need to change your site content .

Not necessarily--theres a heck of lot of browsing and not a lot of buying going on presently in some sectors of Entertainment.

We know of sites having large numbers of visits and no enquiries whereas a few months ago there were plenty of enquiries.

We have some of the top placed sites on Google for our speciality business and the enquiry level is way down--the sites havent changed in 2 months--the buying publics attitude has I believe as the bad news keeps coming unfortunately.

Ah well Christmas is coming----that must be good for business allegedly.

DJ Paulie
27-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Let's hope the bookings start picking up otherwise my Santa list's going to be very long !!!

sweetie
27-10-2011, 10:31 PM
I recommended you this evening for a Saturday birthday

DJ Paulie
27-10-2011, 10:58 PM
If it's this saturday Ian, I'm unable to do it, we're going out as the mrs is getting stir crazy ! But thanks anyway.