PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

soundlad
22-09-2006, 08:34 PM
hi, i have been working on an amp box for a few weeks. What do you guys think of my handy work? :embarasse

Pics:

http://soundlads.co.uk/amp/1.jpg
http://soundlads.co.uk/amp/2.jpg
http://soundlads.co.uk/amp/4.jpg

cheers :teeth:

Zach

funkymike
22-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Your made a nice job, mind you dont fancy lugging it up stairs

soundlad
22-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Thats what the sack truck is for lol :teeth:

A1DL
22-09-2006, 08:46 PM
looks good for a first stab soundlads, get some decent signal cables though, will make your system sound much cleaner and sweeter

soundlad
22-09-2006, 08:47 PM
looks good for a first stab soundlads, get some decent signal cables though, will make your system sound much cleaner and sweeter
yeh i know i should really it was a quick "bodge job" as i had a disco the next day ! Homemade!!!!!!!

DMX Will
22-09-2006, 09:48 PM
That is an excellent attempt. Give yourself a massive pat on the back. Nice sturdy wheels too. Well done that man!

tonymoss
22-09-2006, 11:38 PM
looks good zach, well done, thats what i need.

Paul James Promotions
23-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Use the XLR outputs / inputs if possible

Corabar Steve
23-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Good job Zach, but I could've got you corners that fitted (like the ones on this)

Thames Valley Discos
23-09-2006, 07:01 AM
I use this, but it takes two to lift with both amps in.

dj_ags
23-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Looking good Zach :thumbs_up

BeerFunk
23-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Good job, looks solid!

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Amps? What are they?

djbigdevs
23-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Good job Zach, but I could've got you corners that fitted (like the ones on this)

Do you make cases / boxes Steve?

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-09-2006, 12:45 PM

Yeah, when he gets back to you with a price... :mad: :sad:

djbigdevs
23-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, when he gets back to you with a price... :mad: :sad:

So is that a you wouldn't recommend him? ;) :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
23-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Sorry Darren.... we've had one hell of a week. :cry: :cry: :cry:

spin mobile disco
23-09-2006, 02:05 PM
On this subject, i have a 2-6-4 skytek mixer case (hiss boo I know skytec what was I thinking) Well bottom line is it is to **** heavy. Its made of what looks like 1/2 ince chipboard covered carpet with chipboard bracing. Anyone suggest a lighter building material that would be just as strong? Someone said plywood would be the best. Any suggestions?

djbigdevs
23-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeh plywood is good.

When I did my A-levels I made an all-in-one disco from plywood. that was the lightest, yet strongest reasonably priced material available.

The thing with chipboard is it doesn't really take screws that well.

There's probably some kind of plastic that would do the job, but I guess it is more expensive!

Maybe Steve could advise!

Corabar Entertainment
23-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Steve's having a kip at the moment before tonight's gig (only got 3 hours sleep last night), but in his absence - yes, there is a plastic - astroboard. It's got a similar construction to corrugated cardboard, but made in plastic, and yes it is more expensive, but very light (The picture of the case that Steve posted earlier in this thread was made with 'silver' astroboard.)

djbigdevs
23-09-2006, 02:48 PM
ANGELA : Yep that's the stuff - didn't know it was called astroboard though! :)

Going a bit off topic - away from soundlads good go at a case (kind of). Sorry.

Thinking about getting this : http://www.djempire.co.uk/prodinfo.php?ProdID=4864

As I want to put my Denon DND6000, mixer (yet to buy), my amp, 19" radio mic (yet to buy). This is the only one I can find that fits the bill.

The top of the Denon 6000 is 3u, the mixer would be 4/5u and all the rest would be about 5/6u (Denon base 2, amp 2, mic 1).

Anyone got a Road Ready case - are they good? Just £170 seems ALOT!!!!
Or anyone point me in the direction of other cases that meet the above? Looked at a few sites - none really seem to have that size. :mad:
Thanks

Candybeatdiscos
23-09-2006, 03:18 PM
i am gonna attempt to make my own lightbox type of front screen...ie it will look like two lightboxes but will have a banner rather than lights.....if that makes sense - it will be fantastic if they look half decent as i am normally banned from using saws

Corabar Steve
24-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Having read back over this thread my first post looks like I'm belittling Zach's work & touting for business. While the latter might be true to an extent (I haven't really started full time yet, because of other commitments, nor have I looked into delivery options yet.), I didn't intend the former, just to offer to get Zach some smaller corners that don't jut into the gap (assuming he wants some) when I next put an order in to my supplier.

Yeah, when he gets back to you with a price... :mad: :sad:Yes, sorry about that I'll get on it this week.
Yeh plywood is good..........
There's probably some kind of plastic that would do the job, but I guess it is more expensive!

Maybe Steve could advise!
Ply will do the job & is the cheapest option (& looks ok with black woodstain), astroboard is nice & light , but expensive.
Thinking about getting this : http://www.djempire.co.uk/prodinfo.php?ProdID=4864

As I want to put my Denon DND6000, mixer (yet to buy), my amp, 19" radio mic (yet to buy). This is the only one I can find that fits the bill.

The top of the Denon 6000 is 3u, the mixer would be 4/5u and all the rest would be about 5/6u (Denon base 2, amp 2, mic 1).
If this fits go for it as a custom job would work out about the same, give or take (although it would guarantee that all you want to go in would fit)

kilmeedyman
24-09-2006, 11:47 PM
DJBIGDEVS

I have a couple of brand new Road Ready Cases of that configuration and the quality is superb. I have changed my plans for my rig and no longer need them. I would let you have one or both of them for significantly less than the price you see there.

Contact me if you are interested.

Phil

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-09-2006, 12:03 AM
DJBIGDEVS

I have a couple of brand new Road Ready Cases of that configuration and the quality is superb. I have changed my plans for my rig and no longer need them.
Phil

Yeah, what you doing then Phil?

What you buying or changing then?

Come on, tell all! :)