PDA

View Full Version : Big fight on Friday

Andy Goodtimes
17-10-2011, 02:35 AM
I'll try not to mention anything too sensative but its difficult to tell the full story without a bit of back ground.

My Wedding on Friday night was an older couple and they had a 29 year old daughter and it would appear that she had been up to no good with one of her husbands so called mates. Well when they had had a few it all came to a head and the husband and other chap were argueing and swinging at each other from about 10 foot away...like they do...lol. The thing that made the husband flip was when the other chap said she :Censored: like :Censored: , well he flew at this chap and they went flying over tables and sliding towards the kit, they never quite made it to the kit, they got up and one hit the other again and they started flying back the other way and then outside...Oh my then the women started, the woman in question was saying she knew she had done wrong and didn't want to spoil her mother's day and so on and this other woman said "well you're just a :Censored: and you have spoilt it" so then they started and then others joined in.

We ended up with about 6 or so women half dressed with torn clothes and bleeding and paramedics and police and the 2 men that were fighting had disappeared into the town with a few men from the party following them.

The good thing was I was home for just before 1am.

mikeee
17-10-2011, 08:07 AM
You certainly know how to have a good time up there.

Andy Goodtimes
17-10-2011, 08:27 AM
My jobs on Sat and Sun were quiet by comparisum. I was at the same place on saturday night and no one ever found out what happened to the men who disappeared into town. One of the women was taken to hospital with a nasty cut on her head which they reckoned would have needed stiches and she was badly scratched all over and had some hair extensions pulled out too. I was having a laugh with the manager on Sat night because when the men were fighting he was in the thick of it trying to break them up but when the women started he was nowhere to be seen.

CRAZY K
17-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I'll try not to mention anything too sensative but its difficult to tell the full story without a bit of back ground.

My Wedding on Friday night was an older couple and they had a 29 year old daughter and it would appear that she had been up to no good with one of her husbands so called mates. Well when they had had a few it all came to a head and the husband and other chap were argueing and swinging at each other from about 10 foot away...like they do...lol. The thing that made the husband flip was when the other chap said she :Censored: like :Censored: , well he flew at this chap and they went flying over tables and sliding towards the kit, they never quite made it to the kit, they got up and one hit the other again and they started flying back the other way and then outside...Oh my then the women started, the woman in question was saying she knew she had done wrong and didn't want to spoil her mother's day and so on and this other woman said "well you're just a :Censored: and you have spoilt it" so then they started and then others joined in.

We ended up with about 6 or so women half dressed with torn clothes and bleeding and paramedics and police and the 2 men that were fighting had disappeared into the town with a few men from the party following them.

The good thing was I was home for just before 1am.

Glad to hear the kits ok:D

Another good reason to get paid before the start:daft: :daft: :daft: :daft:

I thought all this fighting at Weddings was a Gypsy thing or had died out in the 60s and 70s when misbehaving outside the Marriiage was a serious fighting matter--- well it was when I was DJing around that time.;)

Good to hear some people take being married seriously :daft:

Megamix
17-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I like to resolve these sort of arguments with a stiff letter

DeckstarDeluxe
17-10-2011, 12:37 PM

:

Paid 14 days beforehand! never on the night! *shudders*

CRAZY K
17-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Paid 14 days beforehand! never on the night! *shudders*

Not everyone is comfortable paying a large sum of money for a service in advance they have never seen or heard.

I am often prepared to be judged on my performance although I do agree its not a great idea at Weddings--- which can be troublesome for many reasons including the problems on this post.:eek:

Sorry if thats slightly off thread:o

DazzyD
17-10-2011, 01:10 PM
My jobs on Sat and Sun were quiet by comparisum. I was at the same place on saturday night and no one ever found out what happened to the men who disappeared into town. One of the women was taken to hospital with a nasty cut on her head which they reckoned would have needed stiches and she was badly scratched all over and had some hair extensions pulled out too. I was having a laugh with the manager on Sat night because when the men were fighting he was in the thick of it trying to break them up but when the women started he was nowhere to be seen.

I had this at a wedding in a WMC once. When all hell broke lose (guys fighting) the stewardess waded in a broke the fight up. I said she must have had some bottle going in to what was pretty much a riot. She laughed and said "It's just lads. If it had been lasses I'd have kept out and rang the police!" :eek:

I thought all this fighting at Weddings was a Gypsy thing or had died out in the 60s and 70s when misbehaving outside the Marriiage was a serious fighting matter--- well it was when I was DJing around that time.;)

Good to hear some people take being married seriously :daft:

Nope. People still fight at weddings. I seem to had my fair share of them over the last 12 years!!

In fact, I've seen a lot less trouble from the 18th/21sts that I've done over the years!

diydisco
06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
yeah weddings are the most volatile of occasions from my experience

all day drinking
lots of people who dont know or like each other in the same room
every guy and girl looks a million dollars, temptation!
single people at weddings are on a mission to find love

never a good combination!

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
yeah weddings are the most volatile of occasions from my experience

How long have you been doing weddings?

I would say the complete opposite!

surround sounds
06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Well i have done loads of wedding and never no fighting..
A few years back i did a 18th Birthday and there was a fight with 2 different families but nothing Major..
I also worked in a Night club in Dudley and most weeks there was fighting but now its closed down

diydisco
06-11-2011, 05:12 PM
14 years?

I dont do the high end weddings though :)

Shaun
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
14 years?

I dont do the high end weddings though :)

The worst fight I've ever experienced was at a fairly high end wedding. A massive free-for-all, both men and women, which started after one guest stabbed another in the face with a butter knife. :eek:

Corabar Steve
06-11-2011, 08:21 PM
There's a fight at every wedding you do???

funkymook
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
The worst fight I've ever experienced was at a fairly high end wedding. A massive free-for-all, both men and women, which started after one guest stabbed another in the face with a butter knife. :eek:

and it spread from there!

Shaun
06-11-2011, 08:26 PM
and it spread from there!

:d :d

DeckstarDeluxe
06-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Never once had a fight at my events in 4 1/2 years of pretty much gigging every weekend.

I agree with Darren about being somewhat confused about Weddings being "volatile"

NKR
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
How long have you been doing weddings?

I would say the complete opposite!

Yes I have only seen one at a wedding and it was footballers! I expect no less.

A few years back i did a 18th Birthday and there was a fight with 2 different families but nothing Major..
I also worked in a Night club in Dudley and most weeks there was fighting but now its closed down

Again I have done hundreds of weddings and only the one incident really.

The OP was Staffs though. If it was the potteries then its not a proper do without a fight. I fact its not a proper day without a fight. That is proper rough country.

DeckstarDeluxe
06-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Care to paint anymore people with the same brush there NKR?

NKR
06-11-2011, 08:35 PM

I am entitled to an opinon and as they acted on steriotype I feel they probably painted themselves. I certainly was not out there getting them to kick off with each other.

Excalibur
06-11-2011, 08:56 PM

Don't worry Neil, that's exactly the sort of low class behaviour I'd expect of those plebs from the wrong side of the hills. :p :D :D

NKR
06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Don't worry Neil, that's exactly the sort of low class behaviour I'd expect of those plebs from the wrong side of the hills. :p :D :D

I know - southerners hey :D :D :D :D

Excalibur
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I know - southerners hey :D :D :D :D

Up a bit and left, actually. :p

DazzyD
06-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Never once had a fight at my events in 4 1/2 years of pretty much gigging every weekend.

I agree with Darren about being somewhat confused about Weddings being "volatile"

You've been very luckly, then, Neil.

To be fair, I'm in to my 12th year of working weddings and the amount of trouble you could easily count on your fingers with at least thumbs leftover!! However, I've only seen trouble twice at 18ths/21st's which, from my experience, makes weddings more volatile.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-11-2011, 12:04 AM
You've been very luckly, then, Neil.

To be fair, I'm in to my 12th year of working weddings and the amount of trouble you could easily count on your fingers with at least thumbs leftover!! However, I've only seen trouble twice at 18ths/21st's which, from my experience, makes weddings more volatile.

Surely that would depend on how many of each event you've done?

DazzyD
07-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Surely that would depend on how many of each event you've done?

Good comment.

I've done more weddings than 18ths/21sts probably with a ratio of about 4 to 1.

However, the level of violence has been far worse at the weddings. An 18th I did they pulled the toilets off the wall and a 21st was basically handbags. However, weddings have ranged from a two-way punch up to a full-scale brawl with everyone involved. And it was a wedding where the groom and best-man threw the groom's estranged dad through the window when he walked back in after been thrown out once and told he wasn't welcome.

Still love doing weddings, though, as the good ones more than balance out the bad ones.

JAMdisco
07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
I hate to tempt fate here but I have never seen any fights or had any major problems at the weddings I've done (and have done quite a few).

There was one small incident when I did a wedding at Cave Castle, I had just arrived and right next to my car there was a young lad (I reckon about 14-15) and I presume his dad or uncle giving him a right old b******ing about something he must have said to the bride and had apparently upset her. The young lad was crying and was made to apologise to her (which I assume he did).

It didn't transpire to anything though and it was a good night in the end (much to my surprise).

I've seen one fight at an 18th birthday between two girls and it sounded like it was about a boy they both liked, Luckily it was at the entrance so neither my kit or my car were damaged. It was a roughish area of Hull though and I've made a point of not going back if I'm ever asked - I also tend to stay away from 18th's too, to be honest - it's surprising how I tend to be fully booked when they specify the date - I just pass them onto Peter or John :D :D