PDA

View Full Version : Website overhaul (again!)

DJ Paulie
01-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Mr Burns, no not that one - jiggles on here, has very kindly updated my website. He has made it nice and clean with a fresh theme so much easier to read I think. If you like it (and even if you don't !) why not check out his services at http://www.kalaxhosting.co.uk I'm going to put some stock photos up as I think they will look better. I don't really like using them, but until I get some better ones myself I'm going to have to.

It still needs a bit of tweaking, but a lot better then previous ones. (discomobiledj's design excluded !)

DJ Paulie
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
No comments ? :shrug:

WWDJ
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
What struck me first was that I thought it was just a single page until I spotted the menu in a very light colour at the top. Not immediately obvious.

You might want some pictures with full dancefloors perhaps dotted around, give a feel for people enjoying themselves.

There are bits I would do differently but nothing that would make me browse away from your site if I was looking for a DJ.

mattydinx
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
What struck me first was that I thought it was just a single page until I spotted the menu in a very light colour at the top. Not immediately obvious.

+1

The negatives:
All of the pages end with "In: | " perhaps a rogue script or something causing that?
All of the pages have "© 2011 Disco Royale . All Rights Reserved." at the bottom - twice.
When clicking on images on various pages, it navigates to a separate page with the image title. "monkey1" and "img_1861-qpr" don't come across as professional/sensible titles for images.

Other than that, there's plenty of information available and it's clear enough.

Ryu
02-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Quite like the design, nice and clean, and you have some good photo's.

The only thing I'd have any minor issues with is some of the wording....Do you really have one of the largest music libraries in Ireland??!? Maybe you do.
Also, some of the wording around Contracts, though best practice, starts to head towards criticizing others who don't operate as you do...I'd personally focus on what you do best, not on what others do badly...

DJ Paulie
02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the comments, I'll get them implemented shortly. I agree the navbar could be more obvious & noticed the In: thing last night. I do have one of the largest song libraries compared to most DJ's in my price bracket. I've checked, I make sure I don't sat THE largest !

Jiggles
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Changed some of the things mentioned. :)

DJ Paulie
02-11-2011, 08:25 PM
:thanks: :)

DJ Paulie
03-11-2011, 10:40 AM
As regards to some more photos, I don't really have many good quality ones of my own of full dancefloors. Would some stock ones be ok or should I just leave it as it is ? Any other suggestions ?

Larry B Entertainment
03-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Is Toby working in Ireland now :D

DJ supplied for up to 8 hours
FREE consultation before your big day to ensure the correct songs are played
Your DJ will consult with venue to ensure the music will be played at a suitablevolume.
One of the largest song collections in Ireland
Full back up equipment carried
Your DJ will consult with the band (if you are having one) to ensure the correct start and finish times
Your DJ will consult the venue to ensure the music will be played at a suitable volume.
Professional Sound /Lighting and full Public Liability insurance.
Your DJ will set up his equipment before your guests enter for their meal
Use of a professional wireless microphone for speeches etc
Background music can be provided while you are enjoying your meal if required
Your DJ will be dressed in a collar & tie or can wear black tie if required
Your DJ will announce the Bride and Groom’s entry to the reception, cutting of the cake, first dance, etc. if required.

DJ Paulie
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
There's always one isn't there ? :muppet: