PDA

View Full Version : Numark DJ2GO.

Excalibur
14-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Well I've bought one!:eek: :eek: I must say I'm a little worried in case I get a bit too cutting edge with the rig, but this piece of kit is not as complicated or expensive as the MC6000, so I can just dip one toe in the water, with no fear of drowning. :D

For £50 it even comes with a copy of VDJ LE, which although obviously a cut down program, runs it fine. I first installed it onto the non gigging laptop, in case it upset anything on the gig one. It's basic, simple, and easy to get to grips with. The buttons are nice to the touch and it has more than enough controls for me at the moment.

It doesn't have a soundcard, so will be used with the DJIO which I already use, and though it has rotary volume controls for each deck, it's not really a mixer either. It does however have two PLAY buttons, and I can place it within easy reach, thus removing the need to use a mouse to play a track.

I then tried it on the gig machine, and soon found out that to use it at all on this, I had to update to Version 7 of VDJ, as 6 does not support any controller like this. Once I had done this, I got full functionality, and while I appreciate that this is a very basic piece of kit, it does exactly what I want it to do. If it lasts for any length of time, I'll be very happy with it, I feel. :D

DiscoMagic
14-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Possibly an emergency back up??? What do you think Peter???

hammy
14-11-2011, 05:41 PM
It does however have two PLAY buttons,

Well you should cope well then Peter :D

Excalibur
14-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Possibly an emergency back up??? What do you think Peter???
I don't see how. :confused: All it does is make it easier to use a laptop. Unless of course, you mean the laptop is not not part of the playout system, and is thus emergency backup.

I reiterate, it has no soundcard built in, it only has the most rudimentary controls on it, and basically it's just a pair of PLAY buttons. By itself, it's useless, but as something to make using a laptop easier, it's a winner. And it's about £600 cheaper than a MC6000. :D :D

However: From reading about such things on various forums, those who are versed in the dark arts of all things PC based can remap the controls. That's way beyond my capabilities, but it may easily increase its usefulness for other folks.

Well you should cope well then Peter :D

I did ask them if they had a version with less buttons, for us technophobes , but sadly that didn't appear to exist yet. :( :(

Mark Wild
14-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Please refrain from mentioning the MC6000 as any kind of comparison to that plastic 50 quid kak you bought, that is all :-)

Excalibur
14-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Please refrain from mentioning the MC6000 as any kind of comparison to that plastic 50 quid kak you bought, that is all :-)

Mark, I must apologise for that, how thoughtless of me. I should have realised. If I'd paid about £600 more than necessary for a playout, and £150 more for a lighting effect, I'd be understandably sensitive as well. Please accept my apologies for my unforgivable insensitivity.

( And in future, before you splash out your hard earned cash on such things, it could well be cost effective to have a look at what I'm recommending. ;) :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D )

Jiggles
14-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Put your claws away Mr. Wild! :p

Excalibur
27-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I used it in a disco situation the other night, and I've got to say it does exactly what it says on the tin. :thumbs_up: It makes using a laptop much much easier, allows the lappy tobe placed wherever you find most suitable, and brings the Play buttons to hand. For the money, I can't fault it.

DazzyD
27-11-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm going to agree with Peter on this.

I went to BPM to look at the digital controllers (and active speakers) and, to be honest, I was completely bewildered with the controllers on offer and some of the features they offer. Basically, I want to be able to improve my mixing from laptop trackpad and keyboard shortcuts and the DJ2GO looks like it's everything I'm looking for. I also upgraded to VDJ7 in the last month which, I understand, offers native support for the DJ2GO. However, I'm going to ignore the negative comments on the VDJ forums - I don't expect it to perform the same as high-end controllers but you get what you pay for and I think £50 to provide the functionality that I need is pretty much on the nose.

Anyway, I've now added it to my Christmas wish-list to Santa so I need to wait and see if I have been good enough this year! ;)

Excalibur
27-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Err, you do realise this is a computer related product? Sure you don't want to phone a friend? :D :D

Basically, I want to be able to improve my mixing from laptop trackpad and keyboard shortcuts and the DJ2GO looks like it's everything I'm looking for.
Just remember that the volume controls for each side are rotary, and very very basic. I simply leave them set and use the Denon mixer controls.

I also upgraded to VDJ7 in the last month which, I understand, offers native support for the DJ2GO.
VDJ7 is the way to go for full functionality. For anyone who hasn't got experience of VDJ, or simply wants a backup backup, the bundled LE version works fine, it just doesn't have the bells and whistles. It also saves nearly £200, so something for some to consider.

I don't expect it to perform the same as high-end controllers but you get what you pay for and I think £50 to provide the functionality that I need is pretty much on the nose.

I actually think it outperforms its price tag. The controls are responsive, the buttons feel nice, it's only the volume controls which don't respond well. I used the load buttons and search rotary more than I expected, and found them fine.

DazzyD
27-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Err, you do realise this is a computer related product? Sure you don't want to phone a friend? :D :D

Just remember that the volume controls for each side are rotary, and very very basic. I simply leave them set and use the Denon mixer controls.

VDJ7 is the way to go for full functionality. For anyone who hasn't got experience of VDJ, or simply wants a backup backup, the bundled LE version works fine, it just doesn't have the bells and whistles. It also saves nearly £200, so something for some to consider.

I actually think it outperforms its price tag. The controls are responsive, the buttons feel nice, it's only the volume controls which don't respond well. I used the load buttons and search rotary more than I expected, and found them fine.

In response:

1. Yes, I realise it's a computer product and I have an HNC in IT and Applications so I'm pretty confident with computer systems!! And your experience points to what I'm looking for so phoning a friend wont be necessary (this time!! :D )

2. I have the auto-gains set on VDJ and make any minor volume adjustments using the mixer sliders so the rotary volume controls are not important to me. I'm simply looking for start/stop, cue controls and simple looping and effects controls. All of this is possible using the laptop trackpad and the keyboard shortcuts but, using this method, I can only realistically perform one action at a time. With this control I'm hoping it's easier to combine actions for more effective mixing.

3. I've been using VDJ since V3 but I've always held back upgrading until I was confident any bugs were ironed out. When I get things working the way I want, I'm always reluctant to change or upgrade. I've had one problem with V7 but this related to the use of an external camera on the video effects (when using the camera plugin automatically for audio tracks) and I think the camera drivers needed updating. I've done this now and it seems to be running smoother now.

4. If the features and controls I need run well then it's £50 well spent. If not, then I'm only out of pocket to the tune of £50 (well, £44.95 from one online site right now) or the unit gets demoted to bedroom use. Seems like the rewards can outweigh the risks to me.

The only problem I can forsee it that my homemade DJ desk doesn't have an awful lot of spare space so I'd also be looking at making a new shelf/pull-out tray for it. Easy enough, though!

Excalibur
27-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Mate, I wasn't questioning your computer skills, merely your wisdom in following my advice concerning computer related products. :eek: :D :D

I am to computers what Willie Carson is to Sumo wrestling.

Sounds to me like it will be exactly what you're after. Keep us posted please.

DazzyD
27-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Mate, I wasn't questioning your computer skills, merely your wisdom in following my advice concerning computer related products. :eek: :D :D

Sounds to me like it will be exactly what you're after. Keep us posted please.

I wasn't suggesting I thought you were questioning my ability!

....quickly reads back through posts...

Oh, right. My post reads a bit strong, there. Had the kids all day and the headache tablets haven't kicked in yet!! What I meant to say was that I'm happy to trust your recommendation and I'm confident I can resolve any IT-related issues. Does that sound better? Maybe I should just break out the port now!!!

As I posted on another thread, I'm planning a trip to Phase1 (or maye Disco World - not sure which is closer) after Christmas and I'm hoping to get a feel of the controller then. Or maybe I'll wake up on 25th December to find one in my stocking!! ;)

DJ Jules
28-11-2011, 07:25 AM

I went to BPM to look at the digital controllers (and active speakers) and, to be honest, I was completely bewildered with the controllers on offer and some of the features they offer. Basically, I want to be able to improve my mixing from laptop trackpad and keyboard shortcuts and the DJ2GO looks like it's everything I'm looking for. I also upgraded to VDJ7 in the last month which, I understand, offers native support for the DJ2GO. However, I'm going to ignore the negative comments on the VDJ forums - I don't expect it to perform the same as high-end controllers but you get what you pay for and I think £50 to provide the functionality that I need is pretty much on the nose.

Anyway, I've now added it to my Christmas wish-list to Santa so I need to wait and see if I have been good enough this year! ;)

I thought hard about buying one of these a few months ago, but because I would have had to buy the DJIO as well I ended up buying the MixTrack Pro which has an audio interface built in, larger jog wheels, buttons for direct access to effects/loops/cues/etc and only cost about £20 more than a DJIO + DJ2Go. I've been using it for about 4 months now with no issues (touch wood).

Numark seem to have come a very very long way with their controllers since the days of the Total Control. It's just a shame they don't make one in a metal case! I bought a large laptop bag to transport the Mixtrack Pro and sometimes I have to double check that it's in there!

Julian

Totally Plucked
29-11-2011, 03:25 AM

:D :D :D :D
Pete, you never fail to amuse me !! lol

Glenski
03-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Just bought myself one of these :) from DJ Dealer, and at a very very good price... will have a play with it tonight...

Thank you

Glenn

Totally Plucked
04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
... will have a play with it tonight...

Thank you

Glenn

Careful Glen you'll go blind !!! :D :D :D :D

DazzyD
14-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Well, my Numark DJ2Go arrived on Wednesday which was a busy day for me so I didn't get to play around with it until Thursday. Me being the highly techy kind (I kid you not!!) I decided to forego the online manual and see if I could set it up instinctively. Bearing in mind the blurb stated "USB Plug N Play" I thought it shouldn't be too difficult. And, in all honesty, it wasn't.

I decided to plug it in first in the hope that any necessary drivers would be built in to the unit or, as a last resort, Win7 would look online for them. Using the supplied USB to MiniUSB cable, I plugged it in to a spare USB socket, Win7 told me it had detected new hardware and proceeded to install the drivers. After a couple of mins (I'd started to get a little concerned - it seemed to take a bit longer than I'd expected) the message came up that the device had successfully installed. Hmm. Almost too easy!! I unplugged the unit (it didn't show up in the Safely Remove Hardware tool??) and then plugged it back in and it was instantly recognised. It couldn't have been any easier.

Next step, fire up Virtual DJ. After taking Peter's (Excalibur) advice, I'd already upgraded to v7 so I didn't bother with installing the LE (Light Edition) of VDJ that came with the unit. I started VDJ, it read my libraries, and, to my suprise (god only knows why I wasn't expecting it!) my DJ2Go sprang in to life with some of the buttons lighting up in the way that my old CD controllers do. All of a sudden, I felt very at home. The DJ2Go unit basically offers the same transport controls that CD controllers use so anyone who's used CDs in the past with A-B deck controllers will find it very easy to get to grips with and quickly. In fact, after less than 30 mins getting used to the layout I was successfully mixing tracks together in a way that I could have only dreamed about when using VDJ with just the laptop's keyboard. The reason being is that you can press several buttons at the same time which is impossible when using just trackpad and keyboard shortcuts. With this unit, I could monitor a track, play another track, pitch-bend and control the crossfader all at the same time. I was starting to get very happy with the device and it's £49 price tag.

However, with just about everything, nothing is perfect and the DJ2Go does have it's downsides. The most obvious negative is, perhaps, one it's biggest positives - it's size. It's small and portable just like it's intended to be. The buttons are fairly well spaced out but that didn't stop me keep catching the jogwheels when I was pressing the buttons. The sheer sensitivity of the jogwheels resulted in the track playing to stutter. I could see this becoming a problem as I am by nature a bit of a clumsy person and I could see me catching the jogwheel often. However, there was a fix. In Options, VDJ was set up to use the "vinyl" mode for the jogwheels. By switching this to "CD" mode, I could stop the stuttering as this mode uses the jogwheel to change pitch/tempo as opposed to giving a scratch effect. I don't scratch tracks (I'm definately not a hip-hop DJ!!) so the loss of this feature won't upset me too much!! Now when I catch the jogwheel the track keeps playing. Great!

I've played around with the unit for a couple of days and have now used it twice in a live gig environment and the only other negative that stands out is the use of the sample player. For some reason, when I now play a sample it seems to drop the volume of the main track being played and play the sample at a high volume. Before, the samples used to play at a volume consistant with the main volume but this seems to have changed. I don't use samples that much nowadays (except I use a "cheer" sfx when doing karaoke and the singer doesn't get a reaction from the crowd) but it's something I do need to try and put right. I've a week until my next karaoke show so try and resolve this in the meantime.

My only regret with buying the DJ2Go is that I wish I'd done it sooner as it would have certainly come in handy during the Christmas period shows. The thing that delayed my decision was that DJ Jules' post seemed to suggest that you need the Numark DJIO to use the DJ2Go controller. However, I'm happy to report, this isn't the case and the DJ2Go can be used with just about any soundcard - onboard, external or otherwise. It's the software that utilises the soundcard setup anyway and not the controller. The DJ2Go simply controls the software. I have it set up in a way so that the main sound is routing through my Creative Labs external soundcard and then in to the mixer. The monitoring sound is simply coming through my onboard sound (Realtek audio) through to my audio out socket which I've plugged my headphones in to. Simples! However, I will be looking at purchasing a multi-channel soundcard eventually as then I can get the headphone output via the mixer.

My overall opinion of the DJ2Go is good and it will suit anyone, like me, who has progressed using different types of players over the years and who is familiar with the CD A-B deck transport controllers. At under £50 it's an ideal choice to give you better control over your playout software without breaking the bank or buying extra features that complicate things and may never get used.

Shakermaker Promotions
15-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Couldn't of said that better myself. Spot on.
I agree about the jog wheel but I hardly use it anyway and the unit is there for backup.

cdkdisco
02-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Must agree with a lot that has been said. I bought my at BPM and until yesterday only being toying around with it.
That is until I bought virtual dj7 yesterday.It now offers me the ability to use the DJ2GO in al its basic glory...and use the Automix/Crate facility if I want to as well. Great for those quiet times at the start of some gigs.
I am going to persevere with this as I had just about given up on using a laptop at gigs and went back to my cd collection.
And as I use my cd/mixer as output for the laptop, I`ll still be able to have my cd`s, albeit a smaller selection, as back up.
Who knows ,might get to like this way of dj`ing. But for moment, definately £50.00 well spent.

DazzyD
02-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Must agree with a lot that has been said. I bought my at BPM and until yesterday only being toying around with it.
That is until I bought virtual dj7 yesterday.It now offers me the ability to use the DJ2GO in al its basic glory...and use the Automix/Crate facility if I want to as well. Great for those quiet times at the start of some gigs.
I am going to persevere with this as I had just about given up on using a laptop at gigs and went back to my cd collection.
And as I use my cd/mixer as output for the laptop, I`ll still be able to have my cd`s, albeit a smaller selection, as back up.
Who knows ,might get to like this way of dj`ing. But for moment, definately £50.00 well spent.

Exactly what I do! And good to see more DJs taking a chance and discovering the benefits that the DJ2GO can bring, especially to those, not unlike me, who are a bit bewildered by the more comprehensive and feature-laden controllers available today.

Since I wrote my review, I've used the DJ2GO regularly at my gigs. Using VDJ7 it gives me an easy way of creating the seamless loops that help me to beatmatch in to top-notch track-mixes. This simply wasn't possible using just the laptop keyboard as you can only press one keyboard key at a time but you can use the controller simultaneously with the laptop. Simplicity in itself!

Retrodisco
03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Just ordered one myself after reading this thread.

Retrodisco
06-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Mine arrived today, I must say it's a great piece of kit.

A couple things, the jog wheel is a pain in the backside, I keep knocking it, I'd rather it behaved like my old CDJ's.

Also the skin is all stretched, looks pants, and no option to change it, as the tab doesn't appear in LE. I don't really want to use the very expensive upgrade to PRO, as I don't need hardly any of those features, any fixes without doing that?

Excalibur
06-02-2012, 12:27 PM

A couple things, the jog wheel is a pain in the backside, I keep knocking it, I'd rather it behaved like my old CDJ's.
Also the skin is all stretched, looks pants, and no option to change it, as the tab doesn't appear in LE. I don't really want to use the very expensive upgrade to PRO, as I don't need hardly any of those features, any fixes without doing that?

Post #18

As to different skins without upgrades, well I don't know at all. Bearing in mind that it only costs £50, I think ven getting software at all is amazing. No wonder it's basic beyond belief.

Retrodisco
06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Post #18

As todifferent skins without upgrades, well I don't know at all. Bearing in mind that it only costs £50, I think ven getting software at all is amazing. No wonder it's basic beyond belief.

Thanks. I agree it's a good bit of software for the price, and does all I need, but looks a mess on my laptop.

DazzyD
06-02-2012, 12:31 PM

To be fair, Peter did say earlier that the LE version is pretty poor and no good for pro playout. I'd seriously recommend you upgrade to VDJ7 (unless you're using other playout software - the DJ2GO is a midi controller so will map to pretty much any midi-complient DJ software).

I had the same problem with keep catching the jog wheel but, in version 7, it's an easy fix. You just go to the options setting and choose CD mode instead of Vinyl mode (see my comments in post #18. This fixes the stuttering sound when you accidentally catch the (oversensitive, imo) jogwheel. I know the settings for VDJ LE are very restricted and I don't think you can change the mode settings on it. However, I've installed it on a different machine which I don't have access to at the moment so I can't check this out.

Retrodisco
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
To be fair, Peter did say earlier that the LE version is pretty poor and no good for pro playout. I'd seriously recommend you upgrade to VDJ7 (unless you're using other playout software - the DJ2GO is a midi controller so will map to pretty much any midi-complient DJ software).

I had the same problem with keep catching the jog wheel but, in version 7, it's an easy fix. You just go to the options setting and choose CD mode instead of Vinyl mode (see my comments in post #18. This fixes the stuttering sound when you accidentally catch the (oversensitive, imo) jogwheel. I know the settings for VDJ LE are very restricted and I don't think you can change the mode settings on it. However, I've installed it on a different machine which I don't have access to at the moment so I can't check this out.

LE is indeed limited, very limited, but as I do pretty much nothing but 80s nights, I don't need an features other than crossfader and play.

Cant change the settings to CD mode in LE either.

I'm using the 20 days trial of VDJ 7 at the moment, but the cost at nearly £200 for the features (or rather lack of requirement of them) a lot in the current climate.

Excalibur
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
LE is indeed limited, very limited, but as I do pretty much nothing but 80s nights, I don't need an features other than crossfader and play.Cant change the settings to CD mode in LE either.

I'm using the 20 days trial of VDJ 7 at the moment, but the cost at nearly £200 for the features (or rather lack of requirement of them) a lot in the current climate.

That's one more than I need. :D :D :D :D I don't think I've ever used a crossfader on purpose.

Re upgrade cost, I have no better suggestions, sorry.

musicologydisco
13-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I've now got DJ2GO but whilst it works with the VDJ Lite it doesn't do anything when I use VDJ PRO 7. What's wrong anyone?

Excalibur
13-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I've now got DJ2GO but whilst it works with the VDJ Lite it doesn't do anything when I use VDJ PRO 7. What's wrong anyone?

No idea. :confused: Dazzy and I just plugged it in, and it all worked.

DazzyD
13-02-2012, 07:44 PM

No idea. :confused: Dazzy and I just plugged it in, and it all worked.

Like he said.

Follow the following procedure:

1. Switch computer on (bit obvious, I know, but some people are not as IT-savvy as me!)

2. When Windows settles itself down, plug the DJ2GO unit in to a spare USB (USB2 or USB3) socket. It you've never plugged it in to that socket before, it may set about installing the necessary drivers and will tell you when your device is ready to use.

3. Launch VDJ 7. When the program is starting up, one of the headphone monitoring buttons will light up red. This tells you all is well and the device is ready to go.

4. If nothing seems to be happening, try going to CONFIG>Mappers amd click the down arrow next to where it says keyboard. If the DJ2GO is installed correctly, and VDJ 7 is installed correctly, you should be able to choose the "Numark DJ2GO" option and then click "Ok" to load the midi map for the device.

5. If this stills doesn't work, and you have a genuine (ie bought) copy of version 7, you should have been able to create an account on the VDJ forums where you can search the threads, or post a new one, for help with your problem. There's loads of advice on there. Maybe, somehow, you haven't got the correct midi maps installed for the device but these can also be downloaded from the VDJ website if you have an account.

Hope this helps!

Nightowl Discotheques
15-02-2012, 08:56 AM
any body know how to set it up with zulu ?

DazzyD
15-02-2012, 01:10 PM
any body know how to set it up with zulu ?

A quick search of t'internet shows that Zulu doesn't support MIDI controllers:

http://www.nch.com.au/dj/kb/1024.html

Therefore, the DJ2GO is not going to work with Zulu at present.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - only hope I've saved you some cash!!

AndyC
23-03-2012, 09:36 PM
I got my dj2go from maplins last july and sadly on wednesday it died so as it was not even a year old I decided to take it back to maplins who told me i could not have an exchange because it's a discontinued item!
but they did have this new controller that was on offer at the moment which they thought was an up grade. The new controller is by ION but other than that it is identical to the newmark. so I got my replacement and a £10 voucher because at the present this remarkable controller is only £39.99 Bargin!!!

Retrodisco
23-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I got my dj2go from maplins last july and sadly on wednesday it died so as it was not even a year old I decided to take it back to maplins who told me i could not have an exchange because it's a discontinued item!
but they did have this new controller that was on offer at the moment which they thought was an up grade. The new controller is by ION but other than that it is identical to the newmark. so I got my replacement and a £10 voucher because at the present this remarkable controller is only £39.99 Bargin!!!

I suspect they mean discontinued at Maplin, as they don't appear to be discontinued at all.

Saying that, the ION version is exactly the same anyhow.

Excalibur
03-01-2013, 11:23 PM
The two posts before this one lead me to believe that the Ion version is exactly the same as the Numark, but £10 cheaper. Can anyone confirm that the Ion version is identical or at least will work just fine with VDJ7? I hope so, because £10 saved would be welcome. I've just got to make my choice re sound cards next. An ESI UDJ6 is £14 dearer than a DJIO, and I really fancy one. Someone advised me to stick with a second DJIO, as it would allow more interchangeability. Tricky. :confused:

AndyC
04-01-2013, 05:14 AM
My Ion version appeares to work the same as the Numark one and also comes with a light version of VDJ 7 i hope this helps

Andy

Excalibur
04-01-2013, 07:06 AM
My Ion version appeares to work the same as the Numark one and also comes with a light version of VDJ 7 i hope this helps

Andy

Does indeed mate, ta very much. Looks like I can save a tenner.

Pe7e
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Have you seen the ION/Numark outlet on ebay, they have them on sale for £30 inc P&P http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Numark-ION-DJ2GO-FREE-POST-THE-WORLDS-LIGHTEST-DJ-CONTROLLER-/190778890131?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_DJ_CD_MP3_Players&hash=item2c6b4ed793

DazzyD
04-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Have you seen the ION/Numark outlet on ebay, they have them on sale for £30 inc P&P http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Numark-ION-DJ2GO-FREE-POST-THE-WORLDS-LIGHTEST-DJ-CONTROLLER-/190778890131?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_DJ_CD_MP3_Players&hash=item2c6b4ed793

I've noticed that these are "manufacturer refurbished". I wonder if they get a lot returned due to the mini-usb socket on the DJ2Go coming off the motherboard as had happened to mine (and others on here)?

Excalibur
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Have you seen the ION/Numark outlet on ebay, they have them on sale for £30 inc P&P
No, I hadn't. Another tenner saved, ta.

I've noticed that these are "manufacturer refurbished". I wonder if they get a lot returned due to the mini-usb socket on the DJ2Go coming off the motherboard as had happened to mine (and others on here)?

Here we go tempting fate, but I've not had a problem with this. ( Yet ) The Ebay ones show a 12month warranty, so in theory as good as one from the shop. If I get one of these plus the more expensive sound card, it will cost no more than one from Maplins and the cheaper card. Hmmmmm.................................. Watch this space. :D

Pe7e
04-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Here we go tempting fate, but I've not had a problem with this. ( Yet ) The Ebay ones show a 12month warranty, so in theory as good as one from the shop.

I've purchased several items off them in the past, one arrived damaged, but was replaced instantly, without a fuss, and at no cost to myself. Based on my past experience, I would certainly deal with them again.