PDA

View Full Version : Nice Feedback

DJ Frankie
15-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Hi All

I Just thought I would share this email I received today from a lovely couple who I had the pleasure of DJ'ing for at their recent wedding reception.

Its rare that we get thank-yous and this put a nice smile on my face today. Some interesting feedback regarding the other DJ company which I knew nothing about.

Dear Frankie

My husband and I wanted to thank you for DJ'ing at our wedding reception on the 5th November 2011.

From the first email I received back from you I knew I wanted to book you and knew you were going to be brilliant. You were so helpful and such a pleasure to deal with and on the day you were fantastic, arriving with plenty of time to set up and playing all the music we requested, my guests were really impressed with your music too, so many commented on how great it was you were playing everyone's requests no matter how strange they were!

You were friendly and professional and so helpful making announcements.

I had got a quote from a company over a year a go but decided not to book them as they were very unprofessional when contacting me back, finding me on facebook rather than replying to emails and then on the evening of my wedding, the company turned up expecting to DJ! I couldn't believe my eyes or what I was hearing so I was so glad you had already arrived as the staff at Ashton Court may of let them in to set up before you!

I would definitely recommend you to family and friends and will always keep you in mind for any future occasions where I may need a DJ!

Many thanks

Melody and Stephen Walker

JAMdisco
16-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Nice one Frankie, it is always nice to get good feedback - this also stresses my point that I said in another thread about "I'd rather be half an hour early than half an hour late". Could have been a disaster if the 'other' disco had set up before you :eek:

I'm quite surprised they even turned up - I always make a courtesy call about a week before to make sure everything is still on and to ask if they have any questions!

I don't often get feedback after the event but I always approach the client at the end asking if everything was ok - usually they can't thank me enough.

I think in the last 4 years of DJing I've got less than half a dozen 'thank you' emails, maybe I need to start sending out feedback forms???

DJ Jules
16-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Cracking stuff, sounds like you did exactly what they wanted.

I couldn't believe my eyes or what I was hearing so I was so glad you had already arrived as the staff at Ashton Court may of let them in to set up before you!

Out of curiosity, have Ashton Court ever asked to see your PLI or PAT certificates? It's one of the few venues I've been to which make a point of stating this as a requirement to their customers, but they've never actually asked me for evidence (yet!)

That's an interesting comment too about playing every request (no matter how strange!) I'm normally quite selective when it comes to playing requests based on my experience with the guests on the night and how well I think the requests will be received - what exactly did they ask for???

Julian

DiscoMagic
16-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Good job frankie - all great to hear stuff like this :)

Hi All

From the first email I received back from you I knew I wanted to book you and knew you were going to be brilliant.

Out of curiosity, how do you word "your first email", ... always interested to see how others communicate their services :D