PDA

View Full Version : If you could change just one thing?

DerekPen
05-12-2011, 01:13 PM
What single thing about DJing at a wedding would you change if you could?

What is it that really :Censored::Censored::Censored::Censored:ess you off?

There may be more than one, don't hold back.

Is it the position of the dance floor?

Or maybe the way photographers rule the roost?

Or the timming of the buffet?

Or the coach arriving at 11.00 and no one told you?

You get the idea?

What would you change?

yourdj
05-12-2011, 09:01 PM
People rushing the first dance or making badly informed decisions and not listening to your advice.
prissy brides, drunk bestmen, panicking venue managers, pretentious photographers ......

Intelligent people generally think:

"hey this is the first event I have ever organised so maybe this bloke knows better"

-

DeckstarDeluxe
05-12-2011, 09:14 PM
People who get so completely drunk they feel the need to abuse the DJ.

Kernow
05-12-2011, 09:34 PM
DJ's who think it's their event, and not the Bride & Grooms ! ;) :)

JTRS
05-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Every wedding I have done has been different, I don't see how anyone can stereotype a wedding function and generalise to the extent that you can say what would you change.

If the wedding has gone well and the Bride and Groom have had a fantastic time then nobody could ask for more, however if something did go wrong then with hindsight I would change that, but that would be for that event only and not for weddings in general.

JTRS

STEVE HANLEY
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Weddings not actually being two hours behind schedule:D :D

WWDJ
05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
General bad planning really ... And annoying punters who think it is their day not the b&g

spin mobile disco
05-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Hmmm the inevitable extremely drunk trouble makers or the bridesmaids who think that it should be them in charge and not the bride or groom.

ppentertainments
06-12-2011, 06:08 AM
I would like to always have the benefit of plenty of time to set up in an empty room.

leelive
06-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Women (other than the Bride) who wear WHITE dresses. So confusing and to some degree attention seeking.
Lee

yourdj
06-12-2011, 09:32 AM
DJ's who think it's their event, and not the Bride & Grooms ! ;) :)

I assume thats not a dig at me :p

I am far from the controlling DJ.
It's annoying when they try and rush first dance for all the wrong reasons.

such as - they want to get it over with (whats the point in having one they are not going to enjoy it?) or
the photographer is getting fed up as it's 2 mins after 9pm and they have to get home to
watch eastenders and the evening guests are still hanging up their coats.

I will offer my advice tactfully and then just get on with the request regardless if it affects the success of the party. :)
Had one the otherday and the brides mother was quite frankly rude and expected me to move everyone in to another room and do first dance in 2 mins, right at the start of the evening as two guests were leaving. I did say "are not all the evening guests here" (half were) but she only cared about these two people. We went ahead and it did not go very well at all due to the lack of time to plan it. It was probably a good first dance but not at a standard I was happy with. As i say its not my day. I can only try my best.

Having said that on a few occasions I have thought to myself "I doubt that will work" and it has worked very well.

paulg
06-12-2011, 12:08 PM
What single thing about DJing at a wedding would you change if you could?

What is it that really :Censored::Censored::Censored::Censored:ess you off?

There may be more than one, don't hold back.

Is it the position of the dance floor?

Or maybe the way photographers rule the roost?

Or the timming of the buffet?

Or the coach arriving at 11.00 and no one told you?

You get the idea?

What would you change?

Nothing - this it what makes it so much fun.

DerekPen
06-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Interesting variation of replies.

I expected most to be about venue management and staff but apparently this is not the case.

My pet hate is when the tables and chairs are so close together it's almost impossable to make your way to the dancefloor so guests end up dancing by their tables or in the corners of the room.