PDA

View Full Version : ADJ Mega Bar RC50 (Ordered)

Glenski
06-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello

Well my deposits are paid for 6 x ADJ Mega Bar RC50's

I look forward to getting these having used the 1m mega bars recently, so looking to use these for uplighting, mood lighting, stage lighting etc...

When i have them i'll give a little review :)

Thank you

Glenn

mattydinx
06-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Great little units! My only gripe with 'em is when using the remote - If another unit is in range/sight you could change the settings on more than one unit!

There may be a way to disable the IR sensor on units which aren't set to master...can't say I read the manual lol

mike8863
12-01-2012, 09:37 AM
what do you think of it?
Mike

yourdj
12-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I have the original and I hope that they have made the ends metal as they have a tendency to crack.

I ended up drilling supports through the back of the unit.

Glenski
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Well my ADJ Mega Bars finally arrived :)

They seem better built but still have the plastic end caps with metal stands !! and the remote feature is good... will have a proper play over the weekend

Thanks

yourdj
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Well my ADJ Mega Bars finally arrived :)

They seem better built but still have the plastic end caps with metal stands !! and the remote feature is good... will have a proper play over the weekend

Thanks

Its only a matter of time till they break IMO. Assuming you are mounting them. For uplighting it should be OK.

see if you can get metal end caps if not or drill through the back and put clamps on them.

It is not even though as there are bits in the way so you have to make the holes where you can.

Glenski
12-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Its only a matter of time till they break IMO. Assuming you are mounting them. For uplighting it should be OK.

see if you can get metal end caps if not or drill through the back and put clamps on them.

It is not even though as there are bits in the way so you have to make the holes where you can.

Yeah, i used a friend of mine ADG Mega Bars 1m, and a few of the end caps were cracked !!

They will be used mainly for uplighting purposes, so will look into a way of fixing them.

yourdj
12-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Yeah, i used a friend of mine ADG Mega Bars 1m, and a few of the end caps were cracked !!

They will be used mainly for uplighting purposes, so will look into a way of fixing them.

Get some end caps from the IP44 all metal ones. :)

Looking at the spectra batterns it interesting that some of them have now opted for the mounts on the back.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEDJ-Spectra-Batten-1-0M-Exterior-IP44-/200650490706?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item2eb7b38352

-

Glenski
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Get some end caps from the IP44 all metal ones. :)

Looking at the spectra batterns it interesting that some of them have now opted for the mounts on the back.

Eh? do you have a link ?

Thank you