PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon All

groovy-nights
28-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi All I am alastair from groovy-nights.

Paul James Promotions
28-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello and Welcome :D

Shaun
28-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Alastair, Welcome to the forum.

Tell us a little about yourself. Where you from?, how long in the business etc? :)

Nice to have you here.

groovy-nights
28-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Been djing for over 13 years based in the north east.Not having the best of times as had gear nicked from the van last week.

Jiggles
28-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the nut house

KrazyKaz
28-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi and welcome

Corabar Entertainment
28-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Hello Alistair and welcome along! :teeth: :beer:

groovy-nights
28-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone hope i can be of some help

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Been djing for over 13 years based in the north east.Not having the best of times as had ear nicked from the van last week.

You had your ear nicked! :omg:

Kidding aside, welcome to the forum and please feel free to list your gear that was stolen and we'll keep our eyes open.

soundtracker
28-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi Alistair, how is your insurance claim progressing?

Corabar Entertainment
... had ear nicked from the van last week.OUCH! (Presume you mean 'gear' :teeth: ) How are you managing? Was it insured?

Solitaire Events Ltd
OUCH! (Presume you mean 'gear' :teeth: ) How are you managing? Was it insured?

Way too slow...

Corabar Entertainment
28-09-2006, 04:03 PM
...all of 30 seconds!.... but some of us took time to validate our new member in the admin panel :teeth: :teeth:

groovy-nights
28-09-2006, 04:05 PM
they got the following
1 martin efx 500
2 martin Ef3
1 numark dm950 usb mixer
1 numark dimension 3
i am insured with music guard having posted them everything last saturday still getting the answer its not been recived.Emailed it also.Really hoped i would have had it sorted by now as its been a week.Getting by just but going to have to hire gear in for this weekend.
Been told by music guard that the items are replace like for like.By there supplier.

Jiggles
28-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Right everyone keep there eyes peeled :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2006, 04:12 PM
...all of 30 seconds!.... but some of us took time to validate our new member in the admin panel :teeth: :teeth:

I know, I did it. :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
28-09-2006, 04:31 PM
No you didn't, I did! :teeth: (We must have been doing it at the same time!! :omg: )

Jiggles
28-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Whats all this Validating malark

Corabar Entertainment
28-09-2006, 04:38 PM
To try and stop hackers and spammers, all new registrants have to be approved and validated before their posts appear.

BTW - I think you mean either malarky or malarkey.... and validation most certainly isn't - we're trying to stop any malarky!

malarkey or malarky noun, colloq nonsense; rubbish; absurd behaviour or talk.

Dragonfly
28-09-2006, 04:40 PM
you had your ear nicked ????? crikey! in that case id like to formerly welcome the van gogh disco roadshow to the forum.

Jiggles
28-09-2006, 04:42 PM
To try and stop hackers and spammers, all new registrants have to be approved and validated before their posts appear.

BTW - I think you mean either malarky or malarkey.... and validation most certainly isn't - we're trying to stop any malarky!

Well malarky wasent the best word to put, thanks for telling me what all happens :teeth:

Corabar Steve
29-09-2006, 04:15 PM
You had your ear nicked! :omg: .
Angela didn't cut his hair too????

Walecome aboard Alastair :thumbs_up

groovy-nights
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
ok up date time 13 days on.And still not been told by music guard if they will payout or if i can hire gear so i can work.Now being asked still questions like the police crime number is not right.

Corabar Entertainment
03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
That's not good news!

You would expect a quicker response since they know that this is your livelihood, and the fact that people are relying on you for very important events in their lives!

DJ Frankie
03-10-2006, 11:16 AM
What they havent replaced your equiment?? But they are quick enough to take your money though. :mad:

DMX Will
03-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Welcome to the forum anywho :D

Shaun
04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
ok up date time 13 days on.And still not been told by music guard if they will payout or if i can hire gear so i can work.Now being asked still questions like the police crime number is not right.

Keep us posted. As a customer of MG (like many of us are) I'll be watching with interest how you get on with them.

*MusicGuard....your customers are watching!*

groovy-nights
05-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Ok Update Time
Music Guard Will REPLACE what was stolen by There Suppler.No idea how long its going take.Been told that i can hire but only to the amount of £120 total so that would cover one weeks hire i am now starting weekend number 3 so hiring not much use.

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
...but they haven't given you ANY idea of how long they are going to take to get you the replacements????????????? :omg: That's not good!

Still, at least they aren't disputing the claim per se

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I think 3 weeks is terrible.

It's not going to push many customers their way, is it?

groovy-nights
06-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Ok been told today that sound control in glasgow are going to replace my gear.But i need to arrange new cover with music guard when i receive it.But the underwriters may apply new terms and conditions to my policy.
Well i am off to try and hire some gear in for the weekend now

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Still no news of WHEN they will be replacing it then?

Also, bit worrying that just because you've made a claim they want to renegotiate their policy with you!!!!!!!

Thanks for the regular updates: keep 'em coming, and good luck finding some kit to hire this weekend.

CRAZY K
06-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Agree with Angela, you need some deadline on this--there should be NO delay now--the dealer has got the kit--if he hasnt dont hang around---tell MG to find themselves who can do the job properly!

All they have to do is to get the kit on a lorry next day delivery.

Its not rocket science --its disco equipment, you are probably suffering all this because the Insurance company get a discount on the gear from THEIR DEALER so they save money--- and hopefully it helps keep premiums down--none of which helps a DJ who needs his kit at the weekend.

The new Insurance terms are a problem because you wont be able to go elsewhere realistically---

I suspect this scheme has a fairly small number of policyholders " in the pool"

That means unlike Norwich Union insuring your car or house---where they cover millions of people so a claim probably doesnt mean your premium shoots up--- because the number of people covered by this scheme is PROBABLY relatively small every claim has a bigger effect on the overall situation, meaning they may come down hard on you after a claim.

Look at it like this--if you throw a stone in the middle of a lake theres a very slight ripple effect---throw it in a puddle--- :sad:

Anyway, see what they say, it may all be better than im saying.

Please post the outcome.

If you need any Insurance advice call me--make it quick im on Hoiday from Sunday! Yee- ha!

CRAZY K

groovy-nights
09-10-2006, 10:18 AM
ok just got this email from sound control.
The products have been ordered for you and we should receive them from the manufactures within the next ten days. Ten Days Bloody Hell What happened to next day Service.

Corabar Entertainment
09-10-2006, 11:20 AM
That it appaulling!

As you say, the manufacturers can deliver to dealers within a day or two at the most, then another day or two to get to you - and since you were told last week that they were handling the replacement, you should rightly expect to have it on your doorstep within the next day or two!!!

Maybe they are giving you the outside deadline to cover themselves and it might turn up a lot quicker than than. I really do hope so - otherwise, you are looking at around 6 weekends in total from original claim until replacement, aren't you?

The potential lost revenue for that sort of period means you could say stuff insurance, bear the risk yourself, pay for any replacements and still come out financially ahead!!!

djchunky
23-10-2006, 08:38 PM
To all fellow DJs, What a great Business we are all in?
Firstly let me intoduce myself, My name is Adrian or known as DJ Chunky from Elite Mobile Entertainment, been in the profession for 21Years and love an it. will give more details soon, just re-designing my web site. one thing I hate is cowboys.
Couple of questions to asked if someone could answer for me.
1) How does one join the MDA ?
2) I transport my gear in a big box trailer, but never advertised that Im a mobile disco,should I advertise the company on the trailer,or just keep going has I have for the last 21 Years ?
Your input would be much appreciate
all the best Adrian.
[email protected]

Jiggles
23-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Adrian

Hello and welcome

you could of introduced your self in the newbis section :teeth:

Anyway

Hello and Welcome

Corabar Entertainment
23-10-2006, 11:46 PM
Callum:- this IS the Newbies section..... it's just someone else's 'Hello' thread! :omg:

Adrian:-

What Callum meant to say was that you should really have started a new thread to introduce yourself rather than posting on the end of someone elses, but no harm done :)

Now to reply to your post!!!!!!

Hello :)
In answer to your questions:-
1. At the present time, joining this forum allows you a say in all things MDA, but there may be some changes in the foreseeable future.
2. Trailers are more vunerable (security wise) than vehicles, so personally I wouldn't advertise on it what may be in it! :omg: ...but that's just my opinion :)

Corabar Steve
24-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Adrian:-

What Callum meant to say was that you should really have started a new thread to introduce yourself rather than posting on the end of someone elses, but no harm done :)
He has :)

djchunky
28-10-2006, 06:32 AM
hello Alistair,Welcome to the forum.