PDA

View Full Version : Virtual DJ Database v5 to v7

DynamoTom
24-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Hello.

I have just brought a Denon MC6000 software controller to use as my main playout system, and I have been using Virtual DJ version 5 up until now because it worked and I didn't see the need to upgrade.

From what I can understand and I've read, I need to have the latest firmware for the MC6000, and have the latest ASIO drivers. I also need to have the latest version of Virtual DJ which I have just downloaded.

In Virtual DJ 5, I have created a massive list of all the music I regulary play at gigs, and it saves all the most used ones at the top and then all the ones I don't use at the bottom, but the problem I have is, when I open Virtual DJ 7 with the VDJ 5 database file in the Virtual DJ folder in my documents on my computer, it doesn't work.

I've also tried renaming the file to "Virtual DJ Database v7" but it still doesn't work.

I don't want to loose this list because I use it to DJ and I don't want to have to start all over again if I can help it.

How can I convert the V5 database file to a V7 one for Virtual DJ to be able to work?

Anyone help?

Thank you!

DJ James Lake
24-12-2011, 08:57 PM
From memory I think it converted it when installing VDJ 7. Might be better to ask on the VDJ forum.

DynamoTom
24-12-2011, 08:59 PM
From memory I think it converted it when installing VDJ 7. Might be better to ask on the VDJ forum.

I don't think mine has.

Booche
24-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I updated from 6 to 7 and i just opend the playlist and it worked fine but i did remap the songs so the playlist could find them

Paul Thomas Top Banana DJ
25-12-2011, 12:54 AM
From what My bud Matt say it depends on whether you bought or ''downloaded'' your copy of VDJ.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-12-2011, 04:32 PM
From what My bud Matt say it depends on whether you bought or ''downloaded'' your copy of VDJ.

Doesn't make any difference. You just update to the newer version either way.

katman
25-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Doesn't make any difference. You just update to the newer version either way.

I think it was a polite way of saying Legitimate/Hookey given the quotes around "downloaded" ;)

DazzyD
26-12-2011, 10:24 AM
I upgraded throughout the series and never had any problems with not finding the correct databases. But, as has already been suggested, the best place for advice is the VDJ forums. That's what they're there for!

I think it was a polite way of saying Legitimate/Hookey given the quotes around "downloaded" ;)

I got that impression, too!!