PDA

View Full Version : HID control on Pioneer CDJs for Traktor / Serato

Andy Tippetts
06-01-2012, 12:42 PM
I was wondering whether anyone here has had any experience of using Pioneer CDJs in HID mode in order to control Traktor or Serato? If there is anyone who has used this feature on both, that would be even better!

I am considering getting myself some CDJs later in the year. Serato supports all of the current Pioneer CDJ line-up in advanced HID mode whereas Traktor Pro 2 (which I currently use) only supports HID for CDJ 900s upwards and even then only standard HID mode is supported.

I would be especially interested to hear from anyone who has used CDJ 900s with Traktor Pro 2 in HID mode to know if there are any known latency issues in controlling (this is apparently the main difference between standard and advanced HID).

My options will probably be 2x CDJ850K + Serato SL3, or 2x CDJ900 + keep my existing Traktor Pro 2 software - The price works out about the same.

I have also considered the Pioneer DDJ-T1 and DDJ-S1 controllers, however, I really like my Pioneer DJM700 mixer and don't particularly want to get rid of it from my set up. Also, although I know that there is no real difference between software and hardware mixers, I just don't like the idea of using the software one.

Any feedback much appreciated.

WWDJ
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm sure there are a few in the UK if you look on the Native Instruments forum or you could get in touch with DJ John Beck (a1partydjs) on Youtube who i know know has the CDJ850's and see how he does it. (he is based in Melbourne)

Failing that I think you would need to get in front of the software with those decks at a dealer ?

Andy Tippetts
07-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the advice. I think that it may be a case of going to an equipment supplier to test out the systems.

I had looked at the Native Instruments forums prior to my post, but no one at NI is saying if or when this will be supported (maybe they want people to use their own hardware??).

There is very little information on the internet / YouTube about this, but if the NI situation doesn't change, I may get in contact with the Aussie fellow nearer to time of purchase.