PDA

View Full Version : My Site

ross@rds
01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
HI all would like to know what you think
RDS MOBILE DISCO (http://www.freewebs.com/rdsmobileddisco)

alexperrins
01-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Looks good Ross. :teeth: Would say a few points (only my opinion though)

1) Fonts on the homepage are too bright and there are too many of them
2) I'm not a fan of red as the main font colour
3) Some of the pictures don't load
4) All your pound signs come up as question marks for some reason
5) Not a big fan or standard pricing lists

Otherwise, it looks like a very good start, I think the layout is good, though not particularly user friendly as there are quite a lot of blocks of text. Hope none of this causes offence, you can give me feedback on mine if you like!

Rattz
01-10-2006, 09:37 PM
firstly its slow to load and i've got an 8mb broadband line here, so i'll have another look when you sort that out lol.

you have 10secs to impress a visitor with a website and it was taking longer than that to load up!!!

alexperrins
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Forgot to say that actually, I think your background may be too high on the resolution!

magicfm
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Not as good as my site Ross ...

nah nah nah

LOL

:) :)

DMX Will
01-10-2006, 11:42 PM
It's loading

DMX Will
01-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Still loading

Last post was 10 minutes ago....dunno about 10 seconds!

(2mb Broadband)

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Loaded quickly for me.

Question marks here too.

I don't like the "We only work Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays" bit, cos that says to me that you are part time and therefore don't take it that seriously.

If you can't do the booking on the other days, just tell people that you aren't available.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Also, get a domain name and point it at your site - it only costs a couple of quid and would make the whole thing look a lot more pro.

soundtracker
02-10-2006, 08:38 AM
Totally agree with Daz - might be a good idea to include names and dates for customer comments - makes them look more genuine!

Corabar Steve
02-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Where's the MDD link????????????

Shaun
02-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree with Daz too about the domain name.

Addicted 2 Bass
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Also I would remove the photos etc you have copyed and pasted form other mobile disco websites?!

Josh

groovy-nights
03-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Ross
the pic on your front page is from www.aceface-disco.com.Have you asked them if u can use there pic

AMD Entertainment
20-12-2006, 11:25 PM
some other useful tips, get a proper domain name not freewebs or anything like that, think someone mentioned it before.
Dont use graphics which are trademarked by other companies...example mickey mouse...not unless you want to enter a legal battle and lose.
use subtle colours that compliment each other within your site...I am as bad for that as anyone at the moment as i am trying to sort my site out.
If compiling your own site, make sure you test it out on all capable browsers as some, not all sites i have visited here need to be scrolled accross or down..try and get the home page on the entire screen to entice your customer in! dont have too many ads on your site unless you are reaping more for them than actual gig work

colinm345
21-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Well ,where do we begin?
I like the layout and also like Daz's like the wording,but sack those Goggle ad words they are just leading people to other DJ sites Dragonfly's being one of them (sorry Dragonfly)

Most of the links work,but some of the images are pointing to your my documents folder on your computer

However with your flair for layout and your flair for wording I'm sure these points will be addressed ,good luck with it:) :)

ross@rds
23-12-2006, 05:43 PM
will take on board what uve all said and make some changes after the new year :)

Jingle bells

ross@rds
02-01-2007, 05:50 PM
some updates made as requested thanks to all the posts.

Dragonfly
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
ross could do with a nice pic of you in ya gladrags on there and one or two of the gear in action.....

also i believe you have other djs work for you maybe a meet the djs page??

ross@rds
02-01-2007, 06:09 PM
yes mate i am gonna put some pics of the rig and me also some info on the other djs will let you know when there on dave but what do you think of the site just now ??? getting there.

Jiggles
02-01-2007, 06:12 PM
i have two things to say

1) It takes a bit of time to load
2) Why Free webs??? iv gotten a free hosting company (www.awardsapce.com) its like a proper one but with no Adverts but you need a domain (you can get em for pennies)

ross@rds
10-01-2007, 01:01 PM
site has been updated

DJ Frankie
10-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Ross im afarid to say that the only time you will be able to improve your site is to get your own domain name.

Take youir time with your website its one of the best selling points for your buisness and to me it looks rushed ( Sorry) just my opinion.

Get yourself over to http://www.virtualnames.co.uk where you can buy a .co.uk domain name for £8.50 and they will host it for and extra £20 per year. I use these and have no complaints.

Just also wanted to point out that none of your pictures are loading for me correctly, check that the links are matching your jpeg files.

Hope you dont mind the negative feedback buddy.

Good Luck.

ross@rds
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
All comments taken on board mate i am trying to get all the wording correct on the freewebs then i can copy it onto my new site iam currently working on forget the freewebs its the wording i am needing some help with.

DJ Frankie
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
All comments taken on board mate i am trying to get all the wording correct on the freewebs then i can copy it onto my new site iam currently working on forget the freewebs its the wording i am needing some help with.

Cool.

A couple of things for you. On the homepage try and add as much information as possible about your disco and what you offer and what functions you provide i.e weddings, parties and the area you cover, this will help with the google spiders.

Personally I would lose the interview on your site, dont really think people will be bothered to read it unless they know you.

I would also get yourself a photo of you maybe in a suite or dinner jacket this will then take away the stigma of you being a young Dj.

When it comes to Testimaonials I always think it is good to have some scanned letters that people have sent you attached to your website, then people can see that they are real comments left for you.

Hope this helps.