PDA

View Full Version : Disco/Ceilidh DJ wanted

Jem
15-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi all

Firstly please let me apologise in advance if this post is in the wrong area. I'm fairly new to the forum and have not exactly found my way around as yet. I was struggling to know where to put this post.

A few of you will have read my introduction post and will know that i'm currently thinking of setting up again after many years out of the business. This is mainly for my daughter's benefit as she has shown an interest in mobile DJ'ing and I would like to help her earn some extra money following her University course.

However, I have a dilemna. My daughter is 21 shortly and would like a Ceilidh in a barn with a hog roast to celebrate her birthday. Problem is that we don't know anyone with a barn in our area, nor do we have the facilities for a hog roast. Besides, the cost of hiring a Barn, a Ceilidh band, a hog roast, and if we add a good disco into the mix we're looking at a silly amount of money.

So, i've convinced her that we ought to compromise and settle for a local hall (we can decorate it up), get a local butcher to cook some large roast pork joints as a substitute for a full hog roast, and find a mobile disco that can play some Ceilidh music for the early evening and change over to disco music later on. Only thing is that the DJ should know how to get everyone organised and be able to do the calling for the Ceilidh.

Does anyone know of a Disco that would be available in the West Yorkshire area for a date around the end of April that could provide the entertainment for this event? I'm figuring there would probably be around 70 to 90 people present. I'm pretty certain that the hall would want everything wrapped up by midnight, certainly by 1:00am at the latest.

If either you can do this or know anyone who could, please PM me with details, or reply in this thread if it's easier.

Oh, and I promise not to utter the words "I used to be a DJ" (even though I did) ;) :D

Cheers

Jem

Corabar Steve
15-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Crazy K is your man.

Drop him a PM. If he can't help, he's sure to know somebody who can.

Jem
16-01-2012, 08:59 PM
PM has been sent :)