PDA

View Full Version : Party games for 11 year olds

itruby
19-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Hi All,

Any ideas for party games for 11 year olds?

Have a party Saturday night...

Have Arches, Limbo and one of the parents has suggested "Spin the bottle"....

Thanks in advance,

Ian Truby

DiscoMagic
20-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Ask the party girl / boy what they want!!!

Here's ones that work for me

Limbo
Musical Statues
Dancing Competition
Mummy Game - wrap people up in loo roll
Karaoke, as a group thing

Mingled with a sporadic mix of cha cha slide, ketchup song, macarena and some disco dancing with a break for food will leave you filling up two hours easily!

itruby
22-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks Ralph!

Ended up only doing spin the bottle (they had to hug) and arches...
Lots of dancing...
Only curveball was the birthday boy (1 boy and 2 girls 11th birthdays) wanted loads of Eminem, and I had no prior warning so only had limited radio edits.
I explained that to the birthday boy, who then came back and said "My mum says its ok to play the version with swearing..."
I didn't check this with the mum, but was not comfortable doing that, as one mum may have been happy, but the parents of the other 29 children may not have been so relaxed about it and its my reputation...
Needless to say, I created some more radio edits on the fly and everyone was happy:D
Would anyone else be happy playing the unbleeped Eminem tracks?
Once upon a time i had all the radio (bleeped edits) on cd but they have clearly not been added to my digital collection.

paulg
23-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks Ralph!

Ended up only doing spin the bottle (they had to hug) and arches...
Lots of dancing...
Only curveball was the birthday boy (1 boy and 2 girls 11th birthdays) wanted loads of Eminem, and I had no prior warning so only had limited radio edits.
I explained that to the birthday boy, who then came back and said "My mum says its ok to play the version with swearing..."
I didn't check this with the mum, but was not comfortable doing that, as one mum may have been happy, but the parents of the other 29 children may not have been so relaxed about it and its my reputation...
Needless to say, I created some more radio edits on the fly and everyone was happy:D
Would anyone else be happy playing the unbleeped Eminem tracks?
Once upon a time i had all the radio (bleeped edits) on cd but they have clearly not been added to my digital collection.

No. One absolute rule for children's entertainment is no foul language or sexual innuendo. I won't even play radio edit tracks that had swearing in.

Discotime
04-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I will only ever play clean versions of tracks so normally pull music from compilations or radio edits. I don't think any tracks that include swearing have a place at kids parties.

Mayhem 1
06-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I will only play radio edits.

Candybeatdiscos
25-05-2012, 07:48 PM
I have created a pile of Radio Edits of some popular songs that kids ask for, currently I am only doing kids only gigs and loving it!!!!