PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry email through MDD

yourdj
22-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Did anyone else get this?
Seems a bit vague - you would think they would at least add a location?

On 22/01/2012 09:40,

hi i am looking at at hiring a disco 4 my wedding reception on the 22/09/2012 starting around 3-11ish could i have a price please miss f clark

Excalibur
22-01-2012, 10:32 AM
And lose the text talk!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Disgraceful.

DiscoPromotions
22-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I got two similar emails with the same level of information. No good if they do not provide basic information

Venue location
Start/End Times

Andy Goodtimes
22-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I get those type of emails sometimes off AMPDJ and I guess MDD must be pretty much the same as its open to all DJs therefore you can't aim the site at the higher end, generally the WDJA ones are better as the site can be aimed at the higher end of the market because there is a strict acceptance standard for the DJs.

What I do with those type of enquiries is to reply saying sorry I am booked regardless of if I am or not, they're not my client but I still think its best for the provider...in this case MDD if the client does actually get a response even if it says sorry I'm booked and can't help you on this occasion but please keep me in mind for the future.

I haven't subscribed to receive MDD enquiries because I'm not short of the work, however, I'm not adverse to paying some kind of sub to help maintain the forum...that's something I'll look at...keep meaning to give Darren a call to say hello, anyway I digress, thing is because I don't receive these enquiries I don't really know the set-up but is it a form to be filled in? If not then maybe a form asking all the necessary would be an advantage or if that's not technically possible then maybe a check list of necessary info or some guide lines for the client on how to enquire would be beneficial.

paulg
22-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I've had similar request recently via AmpDJ.

I always get an increase in enquiries around the time my PLI renewal is due and then very little afterwards. Probably just coincidence.

DeckstarDeluxe
22-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I've had similar request recently via AmpDJ.

I always get an increase in enquiries around the time my PLI renewal is due and then very little afterwards. Probably just coincidence.

When is it due, some months are far better than others for enquires.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Did anyone else get this?
Seems a bit vague - you would think they would at least add a location?

On 22/01/2012 09:40,

hi i am looking at at hiring a disco 4 my wedding reception on the 22/09/2012 starting around 3-11ish could i have a price please miss f clark

Yes, another 5 or so people got it. Multiple enquiries are copied into admin here to make sure that people aren't being spammed.