PDA

View Full Version : New DJ Booth !!

phase1djstore
27-01-2012, 07:32 PM
we like it ! what do you think ?
dj standz mb1 dj booth @ phase one j store - YouTube

surround sounds
27-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I have to say thats a lot of money for that..
i am not that keen on it neither, i prefer the black one

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-01-2012, 09:03 PM
No likey. Too close to light screens for me...

Supreme Soundz
27-01-2012, 10:51 PM
i think black does look better but imo the fit of the angled bits is very poor how hard can it be to work out the angles so they meet rather than leave a gastly gap? it the circular punched holes were very small it might look better a bit star cloth like but i think they are to big?

jamesh
27-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Ohh so they still havent changed the shape then... despite various conversations! they cant say we didnt warn them!!! Something tells me their trade account had now been cancelled lol. With resellers like them who needs other countries to copy things.

It may be the same shape as a deckstand booth just with a different cover on it but it sure as hell isnt as quick or easy to set up as a deckstand booth...

Oh and we do lazer cut ali pannels for the v2 as well so you can have a similar effect that can be setup in half the time.

Get Me A DJ
27-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Ohh so they still havent changed the shape then... despite various conversations! they cant say we didnt warn them!!! Something tells me their trade account had now been cancelled lol. With resellers like them who needs other countries to copy things.

It may be the same shape as a deckstand booth just with a different cover on it but it sure as hell isnt as quick or easy to set up as a deckstand booth...

Oh and we do lazer cut ali pannels for the v2 as well so you can have a similar effect that can be setup in half the time.

And your point is? :confused:

jamesh
27-01-2012, 11:59 PM
My point is that there's much better products on the market for around the same money that are quicker, easier and stronger that give the same look and feel!

Spirits High
28-01-2012, 12:57 AM
My point is that there's much better products on the market for around the same money that are quicker, easier and stronger that give the same look and feel!

And I and quite a few Djs own said "better product"

Personally thought this would be a fraction of the price that appears on the site. Was actually shocked when I saw how much the rrp was.

I'll stick with what I've got thanks.

Vectis
28-01-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif (http://www.sherv.net/vomit-emoticon-389.html)

Do these people not bother with market research?

Steve the DJ
28-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Big fan of Mike's videos and store but you will have a hard time flogging this pile of pony. It's overpriced and fugly.

hammy
28-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Big fan of Mike's videos and store but you will have a hard time flogging this pile of pony. It's overpriced and fugly.

+1,
I have the DSB v2 and I would be embarrased using one of them stands in the video, but im sure they will have their place somewhere, If you knocked a few hundred pound off.

Shaun
28-01-2012, 11:52 AM
I really don't like it at all. Sorry.

Glenski
28-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Oh! blimey .... I quite like it, and the idea i could use a mega bar to change it's colour - some meixed reviews here, but i do agree that the price is very high for what it is !!

I like the look of the white one, but would you use it at a Wedding ? hmmmm

Thanks

alanrees151
28-01-2012, 12:16 PM
I've just seen this in the flesh at Phase One today.

I wasnt too impressed with the look of the product from the video and pics but the white booth is actually very nice when you see it for real.

Not too keen on the black one personally though.

WWDJ
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
+1,
I have the DSB v2 and I would be embarrased using one of them stands in the video, but im sure they will have their place somewhere, If you knocked a few hundred pound off.

Saw the DSB v2 in the flesh today and a good chat with Graham (thanks Graham).

I think the white unit in the video definitely has it's place, possibly in a 'trendy' town pub that doesn't have it's own console, but it's not the thing for weddings or posh venues. It just doesn't look the part.

By comparison by DSB v2 is a really good looking piece of kit, and i'm picky, especially when i'm spending that amount of wedge. It's 'perfect' for weddings and actually 'too good' for some of my venues, so I will be looking at more cost effective cloth options for these venues.

Woodyo
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Anyone know what material the DJ Standz uses behind the metal screen is this acrylic ?

paulg
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Although it took me some time to be persuaded by the deck stand booths, I looked at mine on Friday night slowly twinkling away along with a single Martin Wizard Extreme doing a mirror ball effect (Thank you, Charlie) on a pole behind it and two subs and tops and it looked rather good.

Looking at that video, I always think that adjectives like "quirky" are used when something actually defies rational description. Those things are dreadful!