PDA

View Full Version : The Rivervale Barn - Yateley, Surrey

Shakermaker Promotions
28-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi all,

I have been speaking to a customer today regarding this venue with reference to a booking.
They have informed me that there is a Sound Limiter in the venue which is set at 90db.

Has anyone been to this venue before?
If so, is the Sound Limiter easy to work with and is it one that just monitors the levels coming from the Disco or one of those that goes on overall noise?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
G

CRAZY K
28-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

I have been speaking to a customer today regarding this venue with reference to a booking.
They have informed me that there is a Sound Limiter in the venue which is set at 90db.

Has anyone been to this venue before?
If so, is the Sound Limiter easy to work with and is it one that just monitors the levels coming from the Disco or one of those that goes on overall noise?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
G

Dont know this Barn Gary, but it will in my experience have a very high ceiling so you might get lucky--last one I played the mike knocked out the sound at very low level BUT disco could be played VERY loud no problem.

Tread carefully anyway and hopefully someone has played it---otherwise I would give it the elbow personally.;)

90db I can get that with people cheering at a Barn Dance no problem:eek:

Shakermaker Promotions
28-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Cheers.
I've checked out their website, facebook page and also looked at details on needadisco and some of the photos show that it has a high ceiling so you're correct there.
I have said that I will meet the customer at the venue in the next week or so to go and have a look. They also want me to supply Uplighting so I will be able to check out the power situation too.

CRAZY K
28-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Cheers.
I've checked out their website, facebook page and also looked at details on needadisco and some of the photos show that it has a high ceiling so you're correct there.
I have said that I will meet the customer at the venue in the next week or so to go and have a look. They also want me to supply Uplighting so I will be able to check out the power situation too.

You could try making some noise and see if you get a red light--must admit a previous DJ who had worked there would be best.

We all know how what a nightmare it can be working with the wrong kind of limiters:D :D :D :D

Shakermaker Promotions
28-01-2012, 04:44 PM
I've just been in contact with the company that supply Discos to the venue on a regular basis. Hopefully they may be nice and provide me with the information I need but I'll still visit the venue anyway.

If I do get a reply, I will post up details. If not, it will be once I have visited the venue.

Steve 'B'
15-06-2012, 10:02 AM
It's lethal buddy. Literally was cutting me down every time I talked!! I suppose if your a week DJ with hardly any impact in your voice you may be fine. My advice, make sure you just keep it well down as honestly, it cuts the second you hit RED!! And that's not loud!! No sing along classics!! I am sure your aware how loud 90db is!!

Larry B Entertainment
15-06-2012, 11:35 AM
It's lethal buddy. Literally was cutting me down every time I talked!! I suppose if your a week DJ with hardly any impact in your voice you may be fine. My advice, make sure you just keep it well down as honestly, it cuts the second you hit RED!! And that's not loud!! No sing along classics!! I am sure your aware how loud 90db is!!

Extension from the kitchen job then :D

Pink Elephant
15-06-2012, 03:24 PM
I suppose if your a week DJ with hardly any impact in your voice you may be fine.

Why would you be a 'week' DJ - if you know there is a sound limiter and the level it is set at then you can tone down your voice so you don't set it off. To me that sounded a little condescending to other DJs, but hey I didn't set the limiter off when I was there so what do I know? :confused:

So to answer the question, yes it is a high ceiling and the limiter is above the bar opposite to where you set up. If you give Darren Lattimer a shout he is there many times a month. If not give me a call and we can have a chat.

Cheers,

Neil

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I think Innovents (Darren Latimer) do this venue a lot - might be worth speaking to him?

Shakermaker Promotions
15-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Correct, He is.
He was very helpful when I contacted him. He said that he doesn't encounter any problems there.
I haven't actually been there myself as yet but have had a number of enquiries for the venue.
It may be that they are a bit more relaxed with the limiter seeing as Darren is there a number of times and their recommended supplier?

Just a guess.