PDA

View Full Version : Not Disco Related...But Help Required!

dj_ags
03-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi gang, just thought i'd post this up to see if any of you can help!

I have got involved in a team of 6th formers at school to create a football fantasy league. The thing is that i haven't got an idea of how im going to run this. I was hoping that i could do this on a computer using a spreadsheet programme or similar software to allow me to score the players and opperate a league table of the standings.

Now here's where you come in! I am just wondering really how i would go about this and if i can download software or a spreadsheet which will cut out all the problems. We plan to use The Sun's rules but as this is at an early stage, anything is considered!

Also, if any of you are doing one, or know of anyone that is, i would like to hear how they are doing it and if so, what software they are using.

Thanks in advance :thumbs_up

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Can you not use an existing internet based one and create your own league within that?

Badger will probably know.

dj_ags
03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Can you not use an existing internet based one and create your own league within that?

Badger will probably know.

I was thinking of that but i reckon you will have to have separate email addresses for each team. This would be ok but as we are charging to do it, people may use that loophole to get in for free.

But worth a go in anycase. Badger, have you got any info on this ?

Have a disco
03-10-2006, 05:39 PM
May I suggest using the mailonline fantasy league as its free to register your own team then set up your private league this does rely on each member having there own emailo address but that can be dealt with via opening up hotmail or msn accounts for there names heres the link http://fantasyleague.mailonline.co.uk/ scoring is slightly different from the suns version as you are able to transfer 5 players a month during the season

Or alternatively use microsoft speadsheet ie XLS for each team you enter and get your scores weekly via the sun newspaper every friday and tuesday I believe. Joining up this league is now shut til next season and they have 2 transfer windows for 3 players max each time