PDA

View Full Version : Blake Hall, Essex

funkymook
31-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Has anyone played at Blake Hall in Essex?
I'm there in April so any experiences would be appreciated.

TonyB
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I have performed there. Its a barn type venue. There is a separate area with a dance floor where the DJ sets up at the far end of the venue so you can usually set up without a problem while the wedding breakfast is finishing.

There is a paved area at the side of the venue and access to the bit where you set up is at the far end of the paved area so you have to carry your gear the length of the building to doors at the far end (ideally use a trolley).

Nice friendly venue staff and the venue manager was pretty laid back.

If you look at the interior picture on the first page of their website, where you set up is below the window at the end. If you look closely in the picture there looks like there is some gear set up in the picture to the right.

TonyB
01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Forgot to mention you can park at the beginning of the paved area to unload but need to move your vehicle to the car park when done.

TonyB
01-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Theres a better picture here http://www.rtweddings.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/blakehallshow_01.jpg . Where you load in from is the open door with the pushbar

funkymook
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Tony you're a star - much appreciated. I've been speaking to Austin at the venue and he's been really helpful (a manager who actually gets what the DJ needs and comes up with ideas to help!).

We've worked out a Plan B in case of bad weather on the day.

Really looking forward to this one - lovely laid back couple who met at a retro soul club, it's going to be a good playlist!