PDA

View Full Version : coalville 2012 - Speakers compare, booths compare and general social

jamesh
22-02-2012, 10:13 PM
As some of you are aware (or possibly not!) there is the annual, sometimes in Feb Speaker meeting at Coalville, Leicester THIS SUNDAY. What more its FREE!!!

The reason being it is always good to hear different speakers in a similar environment, so you can hear a wide range of different speakers.

This is ideal, if

1) You plan on changing your speakers in the not too distant future - You'll never get a better chance to hear more speakers in one place before you spend your well earned monies.

2) You can hear whether you really need to invest in your system or not - You might be plesently surprised at how some time the 'smaller' or 'cheaper' systems compare to some of the bigger boys.

THIS IS NOT A WILLY WAVING CONTEST - IT NEVER HAS BEEN. It is not about who goes the loudest the most boxes etc

Also this year as the room is part sponsored by Advanced Event Designs there will be a few products on display such as:

Deckstand Booth V2 & Folding Shelf ALONG SIDE an S&H Booth to compare the 2
A.E.D Starcloths
Venue Magic Show Control (DMX, Audio and Video control that works within Venue Magic)

There is also a great techie aspect to it. One year someone brought their system because he wasn't happy with it but was expecting more - later that day people had their arms in his cabs adjusting this and that, and got it sounding a lot better. Another one Sandy Sounds, came down a HZ top and sub combo but wasn't sure how to get it sounding better......

SO if you have sound issues, bring them down, I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

Also - just a social - we have one room - Ground floor easy access, there is a PUB / restaurant attached so plenty of food and drink can be consumed and you can even arrange a stay over, as they have rooms with either breakfast in the restaurant or over the at the not so greasy greasy spoon over the rood..

What does this cost you I hear you say.................... Absolutly NOTHING ITS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So here are the details

26th February 2012

Meeting at

Charnwood Arms
Beveridge Lane,
Bardon Hill,
Coalville,
Leicestershire
LE67 1TB

start around 12 MIDDAY Finish well - we have the room all day but realistically it usually trails off around 5ish. But it has also been know to carry on later with those staying over - with a possible trip into the town for lots of cheap drinks!!!!

Excalibur
23-02-2012, 06:40 AM
It will be good to have a look at the DSB gear James, always educational.

The good news: If I wake up sufficiently early after my excursion the night before, and my Taxi arrives in time, I and others from even further North will be there. I've wanted to go there for years, and am looking forward eagerly. :jumping:

The bad news: For reasons of space, and the fact that I'll be travelling in someone else's motor, I shall not be bringing various offerings from the Class D stable to demonstrate. :( :(

katman
23-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Sounds like a great day out and I would love to attend one year but sadly not this year due to lack of advance notice.

Any chance the details can be announced earlier for 2013 please James.

Have a great day all who are able to attend.

djdj
23-02-2012, 07:49 AM
I thought details were on here! anyway It is organised by a member of the orange forum Great day out and well worth a trip.

Probably the only chance of seeing full range of speakers in a live enviroment
(apart from bpm)

Jem
23-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Will there be anyone there with a pair of Bose L1's?

djdj
23-02-2012, 09:04 AM
No it's for Disco Speakers!!!!
Lights Blue touch paper and stands back

No offence intended to L1 users this is a Joke!!!!!

Can't get on the orange forum from my workplace but there is a list of whats going!
Admin edit: The orange forum is completely closed to non-members, so we can't view the list you've posted. Please post here if possible (copy & paste). Thanks.

Leicester Ben
23-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I'll stick my head round the corner for a bit, see you all then! Its a good day normally, with plenty of beers for those that are staying over!

jamesh
23-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Any chance the details can be announced earlier for 2013 please James.

Have a great day all who are able to attend.

I thought details were on here! anyway It is organised by a member of the orange forum Great day out and well worth a trip.

Probably the only chance of seeing full range of speakers in a live enviroment
(apart from bpm)

Hi sorry for the lack of notice on this - origionally i was just attending as a guest but after a chat on monday have now stumped up half the money for the room hire to help keep it free for all.... so thought id bwst spead the word that advanced event design products would be there.