PDA

View Full Version : Dodmoor House, Weedon, Northants

WWDJ
26-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have experience of this venue, in particular uplighting it and how many units would be involved to do the barn properly?

Cheers

Wayno
26-02-2012, 11:37 PM
No more than a dozen I'd say, I have some photos if you want to see some.

WWDJ
26-02-2012, 11:40 PM
No more than a dozen I'd say, I have some photos if you want to see some.

Please ...

Had an enquiry and wondering whether to buy more units, (I have 6), hire in, or subcon the uplighting.

It's all new to me lol :D :D

Wayno
28-02-2012, 10:11 AM
PM me your email and I will send some across, no bother at all.

The room itself is a converted barn and is quite narrow and long so 6 may well be enough. In the past I have used a couple to light the back wall through to a dozen to light the entire room.

Depends what service you have sold to your client.

Corabar Steve
28-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Narrow!!?!? If you stand in the middle you can near enough touch both walls :sj:

I'd say 6 or 8 (if I remember it correctly)

WWDJ
28-02-2012, 01:52 PM
PM me your email and I will send some across, no bother at all.

The room itself is a converted barn and is quite narrow and long so 6 may well be enough. In the past I have used a couple to light the back wall through to a dozen to light the entire room.

Depends what service you have sold to your client.

I haven't sold them anything yet, but I have estimated about a dozen uplighters in my quote plus a couple on the mezzanine

I had a very close look at the pictures on the website and referred to them in my quote and it looks like up to 12 were used.

Pm on the way

Also, thanks Steve, it does look narrow according to the table layout

Corabar Steve
28-02-2012, 03:36 PM
My memory is a little hazy (it's been just over 2 years since I was there last), but looking at the website has refershed me a bit I reckon 12 in total includine the mezzanine would probably do it. The pictures are a tad distorted & the prespective does elongate the room a little so they are a bit misleading.

spin mobile disco
28-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I would agree 12 with mezanine sounds about right or 16 if you want to put another 4 in the bar area past teh mezanine one in each of those corners to compliment the low roof beams.

welby
29-02-2012, 04:31 PM
12 would be more than suffcient and you would be wasting your time doing the tiny bar upstairs.

Hope this helps.