PDA

View Full Version : Standing up mirror balls

Sam
05-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Is there such a thing as a mirror ball that can stand up on a table or something? if not.. the is it possiable to secure them and a motor onto a tbar safely do you think?

Sam

spin mobile disco
05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
I had a dabble at this a couple of years ago, the best way to do it I found was to find a cake display turner (about £10-£15 ) . Its used to turn a disk about the size of a dinner plate at a sedate 1 and a half rotations a minute. You find a cheap mirror ball and either push a spike through it to secure it to the Disk, or cut the mirror ball in half so you have a hemisphere and glue it the disk. Word of warning though:
The mirror balls are normally made of polystyrene balls covered in mirror tiles and when glueing make sure you use a water based glue or the ball will melt (done this myself and nearly cried as it had taken all day to do then just failed on last bit).
It does look good but there may be a cheaper way to do it but this is what I tried and I found it quite attractive looking.

DMX Will
05-10-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.windycitynovelties.com/EPaysoft/cart/product.asp?ITEM_ID=7587&CatID=315

Sam
05-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks v much!