PDA

View Full Version : Another Logo Thread

dj_ags
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Today, i have been appointed Managing Director of a business scheme that our school has got involved in. It is called "Young Enterprise" and there are a few groups from our school taking part, as well as others from other areas of the UK.

Now i have been given the job of designing our business logo, and as i have saw some really good graphical design work on here, especially from Lightspeed, i'd thought it would be worth an ask as i am useless at this :embarasse

Our business is called "Shabba" and i would like a logo that is different from the norm. Quite wacky and crazy, with the use of font and colours to match that description (but no pictures as has been requested from a teacher.) The reason i would like this is because i want it to stand out from the crowd.

Let your imaginations run wild, and i am looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Thanks in advance :beer: :thumbs_up :teeth:

Sam
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Hi mate,
What is the business about.

dj_ags
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi mate,
What is the business about.

We haven't really decided on anything inparticular as of yet, but we are thinking along the lines of selling stuff on eBay, as well as on the high street in market stalls and trade fairs. We also want to offer some type of service to the general public.

We have also thought about partyplanning and entertainment for our 6th form, as well as younger years and other people out of school.

However, we have only started up this week so all this is at an early stage. We have an advisor coming in next week so we'll take some advice and go from there.

I am also watching "Dragon's Den" and the "Apprentice" for inspiration and ideas...but there are strict guidelines on what and what not you can do. (ie - as we are under 18, we cannot set up a betting shop, ect)

But we have all decided on something..the name "Shabba"

alexperrins
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I did that mate at my school many moons ago! I'm a bit busy at the moment, so sorry I can't help you out. Good luck with it though, I'll try and give you some advice if you need any!

dj_ags
05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I did that mate at my school many moons ago! I'm a bit busy at the moment, so sorry I can't help you out. Good luck with it though, I'll try and give you some advice if you need any!

Cheers mate :beer:

Im really looking forward to it. Will be a real eye-opener and im sure i'll gain a lot of experience in the process that will help me with my business studies course.

DMX Will
05-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I would design you something. However, Photoshop was crashing earlier, computer needs a re-boot. And my machine is of the "****ing slow booting, super fast once logged in" variety

dj_ags
05-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I would design you something. However, Photoshop was crashing earlier, computer needs a re-boot. And my machine is of the "****ing slow booting, super fast once logged in" variety

:teeth: LOL :teeth:

Mine did that a couple of weeks ago and needed a re-boot. Running smooth again now :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Managing director?

Have you incorporated the company then Scott?:p

Sam
05-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Ah i did yound enterprise and was the 'MD' - we made sh** loads! kept it all for ourselves.
i and i got a destinction .. ownage lol

Shaun
05-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Young Entertprise is a great initiative. It gives youths a "stepping stone" into the business market and business practices. On that note I've did a little quick 'Stepping Stone' concept logo. I wish I had time to do you something more complex, but time is scarce at the moment.

Here's the design. Hope you like...enjoy!.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Or.... :teeth:

Corabar Steve
05-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Tut! No pictures Daz :teeth:

djbigdevs
05-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeh I did Young Enterprise too.

Really good fun, think we got to the regional finals?

I was the Marketing man - which was ideal for me as I was studying buiness, art and design tech! Problem was I had to market our product which was................painted flower pots!!! :embarasse

For the record I DID NOT want to do that!! Mine was to sell designer clothing (this was when were all getting jobs & had abit of cash to splash), which would have given a greater profit for alot less work!!

We used to have 6th form socials & to raise money (start up cash) we had our very own 'Social Uncovered' (just like Ibiza Uncovered). Filmed everyone getting drunk & :embarasse themselves at the social - then charged £2 to watch it, the following week! We were able to buy a fair few flower pots with the money raised!!!

It's a good laugh & you can earn.......sorry, learn quite a bit too! :teeth:

Good luck with it.

Sam
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM
haha the money is the good bit..

It is nice to see people taking part.. i also did my silve DOE and think that is a great scheme.. more people should do it!
(I wonder if someone helped me for free it would count as their service?? or is it just slave labour lol)

DMX Will
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
My attempt.....

http://virtualsights.bustedjump.com/dmxwill/shabba.jpg

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
My attempt.....

http://virtualsights.bustedjump.com/dmxwill/shabba.jpg

You been drinking Will? :teeth: :beer:

Corabar Steve
05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm Beeeeeeeeeeeeeer :beer:

DMX Will
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM

Not tonight, haha! Why whats wrong with my design?

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Not tonight, haha! Why whats wrong with my design?

How can I put this?

It looks like something my 6 year old son might have done. :teeth:

Jiggles
05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
some of these big companies have logo like that and it costs them fortunes :omg::omg:

DMX Will
05-10-2006, 10:35 PM
How can I put this?

It looks like something my 6 year old son might have done. :teeth:

I was trying to define it with the yellow sparkle. :sad:

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Young Entertprise is a great initiative. It gives youths a "stepping stone" into the business market and business practices. On that note I've did a little quick 'Stepping Stone' concept logo. I wish I had time to do you something more complex, but time is scarce at the moment.

Here's the design. Hope you like...enjoy!.Shaun's one's pretty slick and funky though! :)

Corabar Steve
05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
The logo's not to shabby either :teeth:

Jiggles
05-10-2006, 10:44 PM
ARGH that was the worst pun ever :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2006, 10:46 PM
The logo's not to shabby either :teeth:No - it's not supposed to be .... it's 'Shabba' not 'Shabby' :teeth: :teeth:

Jiggles
05-10-2006, 10:47 PM
well it sounded like one to me

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Sorry Callum - you lost me with your last post :confused: :confused: :confused: What sounded like what?

Corabar Steve
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
:confused: :confused:

Jiggles
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
like a pun

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2006, 10:56 PM
...but I was replying to the post I quoted, not your post about puns!

dj_ags
05-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah, they elected me as MD for some aparant reason :confused:

I have got high hopes of the business doing well and i hope to learn a lot, as well as taking a cut of the profits when we cease trading next year :teeth:

As for the logo, i do like Shaun's attempt and thanks for that mate, but i would like to see a couple more to see if anyone else has something to offer.

jamesh
06-10-2006, 01:26 AM
well not as good as elites but in my 5 minutes of waiting for some pics to upload i created this.... Not much to it really - tag line could be a website or phone number or anything... Enjoy

dj_ags
06-10-2006, 05:30 PM
well not as good as elites but in my 5 minutes of waiting for some pics to upload i created this.... Not much to it really - tag line could be a website or phone number or anything... Enjoy

I really like that one as well as Elite's idea..so i have got a tough decision to make, so thanks for putting it up. I reckon that'll look good on company t-shirts.

Anymore people got any designs that i can have a look at, ideas appreciated :beer:

Sam
06-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I like the last one.. simple yet effective

Shaun
07-10-2006, 01:25 AM
One last one from me. Slightly whacky. :D

Sam
08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
now that is coool Shaun.. loving the top one:D

jamesh
09-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Like shabba3.jpg...

Slight alternative to it based on that idea though which would make it slightly more simple

get rid of the tag linem "a young enterprise initiative" as makes it a long logo then get rid of the curved shabba on the left hand side but add the word shabba curved inside the big silvery S...

Would be a compact by effective logo.