PDA

View Full Version : Mark Ferrell's UK visit

Paul The Party Dj
14-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I know some of us are going and know all about this, but I heard today about some guys who knew nothing about it so ...

Still a few seats left for Mark Ferrell Keynote "Getting What You're Worth" at Warbrook house in the UK on the evening of 17th April 2012 from 19:30, for more info go tohttp://www.facebook.com/events/157192707723041/

Alan Marshall has organised Mark and Rebecca's UK visit and as well as the keynote seminar they are also running a couple of their workshops. You can contact Alan through the link.

Jonathan Ford
14-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Who is Mark Ferrell?

Paul The Party Dj
14-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Sorry Jonathan, here's a link that should help.

http://markferrell.com/

Johnny P
26-03-2012, 08:14 AM
This seminar is as relevant today as it was 15 years ago when it was first given - apparently.

Paul The Party Dj
26-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Just imagine if you'd been at it 15 years ago - the whole thing is about getting what you are worth - if you'd only put your prices up by just 10% every year ...

I think in the early days there was a comparison between the price of a DJ and a veggie platter, I don't know if he still makes that kind of parallel but if you think you deserve more than you are currently earning surely it's worth a night out.

yourdj
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I am on board.

Interested to meet the man as everyone goes on about him like he is a god or something. He certainly has something thats for sure. :)

I would not want to live in the footsteps of such a reputation as it must be so easy to not exceed expectations to certain individuals. Lets hope we do not depress him with all the moaning and winging that goes on ("Ye caant get dat rund ere") as opposed to more positive get up and go operators who believe in themselves and their ability to be a good DJ regardless of any local market.

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I am going, but I have a feeling that he's not going to tell me anything that I don't already know.

I hope he does though.

Peter Lockwood
04-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Its bad timing for me with Plaza Focus on the 17th and Business North West on the 18th

yourdj
04-04-2012, 09:32 PM
I am going, but I have a feeling that he's not going to tell me anything that I don't already know.

I hope he does though.

What sell the sizzle :p

I must have heard that from three different people now. :)

Paul The Party Dj
17-04-2012, 07:25 AM
BEWARE there are roadworks just outside Warbrook and it may take quite a while to get from the RSD turning to the hotel.

It's a 7:30 start, I'm sure there will be people in the bar earlier.