PDA

View Full Version : Updated website

Paul James Promotions
21-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have spent a bit of time experimenting with our main website a little. I still need to work on the fine details and add more content to a few of the pages.

If anyone has a spare moment, I would much appreciate any constructive critisism, comments and suggestions for improvement.

www.pauljamespromotions.com (http://www.pauljamespromotions.com)

Many thanks

surround sounds
21-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Looks good and easy to get around the site.
Do not like the idea of putting my full address on site, My mate got broken into and stole a lot of his dj gear..
I know some of them venues on your site though.

Paul James Promotions
21-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for your comments John. Thankfully we do have storage facilities at a different location.

It is I believe a legal requirement for limited companies to have the full registered address listed on the company website.

Steve the DJ
21-03-2012, 02:58 PM
It is I believe a legal requirement for limited companies to have the full registered address listed on the company website.

It is a legal requirement for all companies including sole traders to display a registered address on documentation including a website.

Sorry, off topic I know... :o

Apologies, that should say "a correspondence address" rather than "a registered address" but I ran out of edit time...

:sofa:

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-03-2012, 04:11 PM
It is a legal requirement for all companies including sole traders to display a registered address on documentation including a website.

I don't think that's right Steve. I have a feeling we've been here before...

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Companies Act 2006 and Business Names Act 1985

Every UK company should list on its website:

its name;
its company registration number;
its place of registration; and
its registered office address.
Sole traders and partnerships who carry on a business in the UK under a business name (very roughly, not the names of the trader/partners) must also make certain website disclosures:

in the case of a sole trader, the individual’s name;
in the case of a partnership, the name of each member of the partnership;
in either case, in relation to each person named, an address in the UK at which service of any document relating in any way to the business will be effective.

Steve the DJ
21-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't think that's right Steve. I have a feeling we've been here before...

Perhaps we have. :shrug:

According to the Business Link website (http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1073788946&r.s=sl), which is where I got the info from:

Displaying a sole trader or partnership business name
If you are a sole trader or partnership, your business name, your own name, or the partners' names and business address must be clearly displayed in most cases:

wherever you run your business and deal with customers or suppliers
on all business letters, orders, payments, invoices, receipts and other business documents
Displaying a name online
If your business has a website, you must display:

general information about your business - including business name, address, email address, VAT registration number (if applicable)
details of any relevant professional body that you belong to or any authorisation scheme to which your service is subject

Either way, apologies again for going off topic! :)

charlie
22-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Looks nice jamie. Also displays fine on my samsung tablet :-)

Nice, clean and professional.

Paul James Promotions
04-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Thank you.