PDA

View Full Version : Getting more professional looking

NKR
05-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi guys

I think this says it slightly better than we used to.

www.nkentertainment.co.uk

Its not proper live yet as I am still proofing it, but I can't see too many issues on there. If you spot anything let me know.

Charlie Brown
05-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Looks fantastic.

Martin's done you proud.

With such a great website, now's the time to start commanding higher fees! Good luck.

ppentertainments
05-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Looks fantastic.

Martin's done you proud.

With such a great website, now's the time to start commanding higher fees! Good luck.

So that's the secret to business ??
Buy a great website then command higher fees ??

Sorry Charlie, maybe I'm wrong, but the good website = good payday theory is not totally true.

Sorry to go off topic, really nice looking easy to navigate site.

Shaun
05-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Looks great. :)

surround sounds
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Excellent.. Love the New Look

yourdj
06-04-2012, 01:27 AM
The site looks amazing :D Great content and layout!!

Sorry to be negative or upset you but the pics could be better. You look bit upset or something and the smily ones look fake?
The first one in the dickie-bow looks like a doorman about to lamp someone.

There are some much better pictures within the site IMO (that is only my opinion :))

I know its tricky being photogenic but some action shots may be better as I personally feel that may put off any prospective bride?
Might be worth sending it around 20 people you do not know well (girls are best) and see what they think?

Thats my opinion - the edgy muso look might work a treat??

NKR
06-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys. That was the first draft with no amendments so its good there is not too much to work on there.

Toby we have other photos and I did intend swapping them over a bit.

Mark Wild
06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Really nice ! Massive improvement on the last one imo, have to agree with Toby (for once) the pics are a little 'moody' for what we do.

VV certainly does do some exemplary work, props to him.

yourdj
06-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Toby we have other photos and I did intend swapping them over a bit.

Sorry just thought I would speak my mind ;)

What does Martin charge for a site like that as its pretty impressive. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
No blokes sat on flight cases? :sj:

Chris G
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Really love the look of it, very classy!

NKR
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry just thought I would speak my mind ;)

What does Martin charge for a site like that as its pretty impressive. :)

Martin offers a bespoke service so I imagine each site is costed on the basis of what each customers requirements are.

I will say from having used web designers in the day job Martin is competitive in his pricing and quality at what he does.

Pictures have changed too :-)

hammy
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Just one complaint Neil, Im trying to read the bloomin testimonial letters and cant finish them, Any chance in slowing them down a bit ;)

Vectis
06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Just one complaint Neil, Im trying to read the bloomin testimonial letters and cant finish them, Any chance in slowing them down a bit ;)

Hover the mouse pointer over to pause. Click to read them in full on the Feedback page. :beer1:

Steve the DJ
06-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Nice website.

Can I respectfully suggest that if you want to be more professional looking you get a landline number on there and not just a mobile?

I don't ring companies that only give a mobile number and I know I'm not the only one.

NKR
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Nice website.

Can I respectfully suggest that if you want to be more professional looking you get a landline number on there and not just a mobile?

I don't ring companies that only give a mobile number and I know I'm not the only one.

I don't like calls when I am asleep. We are a part time operation so there is no permanent landline number available just my home number which is supplied on booking.

Steve the DJ
06-04-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't like calls when I am asleep.

Get a lot of calls during the night on your mobile number do you? :confused:

We are a part time operation so there is no permanent landline number available...

You can always just get a virtual landline number and divert it to your mobile.

NKR
06-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Get a lot of calls during the night on your mobile number do you? :confused:

You can always just get a virtual landline number and divert it to your mobile.

Have been known to get people call it at stupid hours. It has not had any real affect on the business and it is clear on there we can supply a landline. I will make a note that you are unlikely to book us.

Steve the DJ
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Ahhh...I see, yet another person on MDD I must have upset in some way hence the frostiness to an honest and well intentioned suggestion.

Cest la vie. :shrug:

theoloyla
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I doubt I would hire a company without a lnadline number and address either.

Daryll
06-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Very good site , easy to navigate , not much more to add that has not already been said .

Daryll

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-04-2012, 05:30 PM
I doubt I would hire a company without a lnadline number and address either.

Me neither.

NKR
06-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I am not sure what is wrong with this on the website.

Customers who go on to book will receive further contact details including landline and postal address. This policy is simply to cut down on the amount of unsolicited marketing calls and junk mail we receive.

I have no issue giving them out to genuine costomers just not on the open web.

yourdj
07-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Nice website.

I dont have a number on my site at all and I have at least 100 gigs booked this year already :) Obviously my clients are quite happy using email, but i agree that some people like talking to a landline and not a mobile?

Richie
07-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Very nice site :)

Pe7e
07-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Nice website.

I think this was true years ago but I think peoples perception of mobile phones has moved on. I offer both, and 80%+ of callers use the mobile number.

Marc J
07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
I think this was true years ago but I think peoples perception of mobile phones has moved on. I offer both, and 80%+ of callers use the mobile number.

I would disagree with that. I'd say the fact you provide a landline number might give callers more confidence, even if they actually then call your mobile.

I dont have a number on my site at all and I have at least 100 gigs booked this year already :) Obviously my clients are quite happy using email, but i agree that some people like talking to a landline and not a mobile?

From this I'd say that perhaps providing no number is better than providing just a mobile number...

EDIT: Nice site, btw. Even if the GA code is in the wrong place ;)

Vectis
07-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Even if the GA code is in the wrong place ;)

:ner:

Not had it's final optimisation yet - there's a bunch of scripts and css to be concatenated and packed, then a liberal sprinkling of flush()es :)

yourdj
07-04-2012, 10:58 AM
From this I'd say that perhaps providing no number is better than providing just a mobile number...

EDIT: Nice site, btw. Even if the GA code is in the wrong place ;)

I agree - I did have no number for two years - but added the mobile as an emergency number.
I thought its worth having it on there just incase.

Google maps pics it up which is a pain as people occasionally ring straight through. I must say I get 95% consistent booking with very similar clientele which is great so i obviously appeal to certain people. :)

What's GA code - you on about my site or yours ;)

I actually have a project I need to discuss with you can you email me:

[email protected]

-

Marc J
07-04-2012, 12:07 PM
What's GA code - you on about my site or yours ;)

GA = Google Analytics code..on the site this thread is about...(NKR's).

WWDJ
07-04-2012, 12:48 PM
From a purely asthetic point of view I really like it. I'll leave the technicals to the others :D