PDA

View Full Version : Our second website launches!

NKR
25-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Got two websites now.

This second one is aimed more at the vocal side, but as we do loads of singer / disco work every little helps.

www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Its a bit of fun in an otherwise carbon copy marketplace.

Shaun
25-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I like it. It's light-hearted yet informative. Different from the usual type of websites.

Nice job. :)

Charlie Brown
25-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Not for me I'm afraid. It'll be interesting to know how it does.

Did Martin design it?

Charlie Brown
25-04-2012, 10:27 PM
I've read it again and I think some people would turn off, thinking it's a joke?

I think there's a fine line between humor and just being silly.

Saying that, the samples are brilliant. I think you need some sort of menu on the right hand side so it's easy to navigate around.

NKR
25-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I've read it again and I think some people would turn off, thinking it's a joke?

I think there's a fine line between humor and just being silly.

Saying that, the samples are brilliant. I think you need some sort of menu on the right hand side so it's easy to navigate around.

I recorded those samples live at gigs using nothing more than a Yamaha MG166CX and a Tascam Minidisc player. He is that good.

Its a bit Marmite, but we have a certain personality in what we do and our customers would appreciate the humour. Not everyone is our customer.

NKEntertainment covers the vocal side of things nicely too.

Its a bit of fun and sometimes you just need to have a laugh and not take yourself too seriously, which is what we have done with this.

sweetie
25-04-2012, 11:07 PM
very good, i like it

DazzyD
25-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Hmm. Different. Fun. Cheeky. I quite like it! :)

DJ Paulie
26-04-2012, 12:18 AM
From a personal view I like the humour, but I think clients will be a bit put off. Especially if they're not happy with the odd swear words, (cr@p) slightly non pc comments, (clinically insane, muppets, playing with my knobs, etc) Also it's a bit stark and bland. But good luck with it, only time will tell if it works.

yourdj
26-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Nice - lots of scrolling but love the humour and the text etc.

Getting the audio in front of people before telling people you have moobs is vital to get bookings or people will just click off.

Could you have a bit on I don't look like him.
"don't believe me check this out" > funky audio player in the shape of a mr scruff type radio (if that make sense).

Like this

http://www.silentradio.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/introducing.jpg

leelive
26-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Fun. Like it.
I would suggest using clips of the songs that start with the vocal.
Lee

Larry B Entertainment
26-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Did Martin design it?

Check the small print at the bottom...That might be a clue :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't understand who this is supposed to be marketed at? I didn't find it particularly funny and would probably go elsewhere because of the content and I would be the sort of person to book a Buble tribute.

Javlingames
26-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Sorry guys not my cup of tea. I would be embarrassed to send the link to one of my corporate clients.

DazzyD
26-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Having seen MB live, he does have that cheeky, fun character persona about him and he's not averse to dropping in a few naughty words and engaging the audience in a lighthearted and very informal manner and I think this website captures that. I agree 100% that the website won't be everyone's cup of tea but, to be fair, Buble himself is not everyone's cup of tea!

And I've seen some of the other tribute acts who sing a lot of other artists songs. It's as if they think Buble didn't do enough of his own songs that they can fill the time with!! So, that paragraph on the website is spot on!

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry guys not my cup of tea. I would be embarrassed to send the link to one of my corporate clients.

I have to agree.:o

Andy Collins
26-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Agree with Darren and other, I don't think it'll do you any favours. I thought it was a joke site when I clicked your link and then exited your site straight away as I have better things to be doing. It's only now when I've just read more posts I realise that it is a genuine site.

With me, and the rest of us you have had a second chance. People looking for you will not give you a second chance, they will think it's a joke and move on.

If I were you, I'd scrap it and re-think it.

Just my thoughts.

Mark Wild
26-04-2012, 02:30 PM
"Oh, one more thing. My sound guy fancies himself as a DJ ... and he's actually pretty good! So there's no need to hire your own DJ to play recorded music whilst I'm poncing around in the dressing room, we'll take care of that."

Not sure this would install confidence in the client with regards to using you as a DJ too. I have to agree with some of the comments, it's taking 'tongue in cheek' to a level where I think people won't bother with your services.

Shame because your mate is pretty slick too !

Are you a sound & lighting engineer?

ukpartydj
26-04-2012, 03:21 PM
It's very amusing and I don't want to be too offensive as I can see you've put a lot of effort in but it reminds me of this website - DAVE DOUBLE DEX (http://www.cheapdisco.com/dave.php) ... took me a while to find that ... didn't realise they are actually using cheapdisco.com as a proper website now! Clever little marketing move there Mr.Needadisco

Jonathan Ford
26-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I like it, lots.

DazzyD
26-04-2012, 09:06 PM
It's very amusing and I don't want to be too offensive as I can see you've put a lot of effort in but it reminds me of this website - DAVE DOUBLE DEX (http://www.cheapdisco.com/dave.php) ... took me a while to find that ... didn't realise they are actually using cheapdisco.com as a proper website now! Clever little marketing move there Mr.Needadisco

Erm, this isn't a real site. I would've thought the disclaimer would've given that away!

This is a SPOOF website provided for entertainment purposes only. The people depicted are not real and any similarity to actual DJ businesses is completely unintentional. For further details visit our parent site.

I believe it's one of Martin's (VectisVibe) sites set up to promote DJMark and higher standards in the industry. It also links to NeedADisco, Martin's DJ booking enterprise. Oh, and it's been done to death on this forum before!!

Actually, just read your post again. Did you realise it was Martin from this very forum? I'm not so sure! :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Erm, this isn't a real site. I would've thought the disclaimer would've given that away!

Erm, yes it is...

I searched on the Reading area and was quite surprised to see some of the companies and people advertising that they do 'cheap' discos.

NKR
26-04-2012, 09:27 PM
We expected mixed reviews.

Its clearly not the site we send to corporate clients, but its a bit of fun.

Its doing well on facebook with lots of people reading it for lighthearted reasons and then clicking onto NKEntertainment to have a look around.

Its a just for fun website and gives our Buble a different persona to all the carbon copies that have arisen.

DazzyD
26-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Erm, yes it is...

I searched on the Reading area and was quite surprised to see some of the companies and people advertising that they do 'cheap' discos.

What I meant was "cheapdisco.com" is a spoof site which Martin setup to publicise DJMark. When I first read the post I was replying to I got the feeling that the poster thought that it was a genuine disco company advertising cheap discos.

Dynamic Entertainment
27-04-2012, 02:09 AM
What I meant was "cheapdisco.com" is a spoof site which Martin setup to publicise DJMark. When I first read the post I was replying to I got the feeling that the poster thought that it was a genuine disco company advertising cheap discos.

I'm fairly sure that Cheapdisco is now a actual proper site...needadisco on a budget kind of thing.

As for Mooble... I quite like it lol.

DazzyD
27-04-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm fairly sure that Cheapdisco is now a actual proper site...needadisco on a budget kind of thing.

If that is true then why does it clearly state on the home page that it is a spoof site? Maybe Martin could clear this up when he's around as I'm more confused than ever!!

Vectis
27-04-2012, 09:01 AM

True.

needadisco.com has a number of sub-sites which explore niches, allowing us to better target specific markets and pull through more enquiries. cheapdisco.com was WAY too successful at pulling in potential leads for it to remain a spoof, although some of the spoof pages remain live as there are lots of established backlinks.

DazzyD
27-04-2012, 01:32 PM
True.

needadisco.com has a number of sub-sites which explore niches, allowing us to better target specific markets and pull through more enquiries. cheapdisco.com was WAY too successful at pulling in potential leads for it to remain a spoof, although some of the spoof pages remain live as there are lots of established backlinks.

OK! Thanks for clearing that up, Martin!! :o

ukpartydj
27-04-2012, 01:44 PM
True.

I figured you must have used all the links people would have shared to create a powerful webpage :).
And no I didn't realise you were the owner of needadisco!
The site which takes up half of my life replying to quotes lol

Vectis
27-04-2012, 01:48 PM
The site which takes up half of my life replying to quotes lol

Only half? You must be doing something wrong :D

Anyway, before a mod starts slapping wrists I declare this discussion :offtopic:

NKR
28-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah what has answering enquiries got to do with our moobs hey!

discomobiledj
28-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I absolutely love it, it made me laugh so much.

Yes it's comical, but by being comical it makes you scroll all the way through to the end.

If I was booking a tribute I would definately contact you.

Glasgowdjhire
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Great idea and well presented webpage.
However only negative comment would be having the moobs tshirt/ joke at the very start.

This created a negative/ jokey vibe but I think it would go down alot better later on after you have created an image for yourself.

Nice page but and very well written.

Congrats!

G