PDA

View Full Version : Music Guard Insurance

groovy-nights
09-10-2006, 10:37 AM
As Some of you may be aware on the 21st of last month. So little git Stole some gear from my van.
Ok i was not to happy but though i would be ok as i am insured.
Now 19 days on There going to replace what was taken after many phone calls emails letters faxes you get the idea. I had this email this morning
(The products have been ordered for you and we should receive them from the manufactures within the next ten days.).I am covered for hire to the total amount of £119 but that was used this weekend. So if i want to work this weekend i have to spend the same again but out of my own pocket.
I no many of you guys and gals are with music guard who are part of pavilion insurance. So i will keep you up dated.

Ricesnaps
09-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Good to get some idea what happens when things do go wrong!

Out of interest, I guess you have the "in van" cover with them. Can I ask where and in what state your van was when the gear was stolen. Have always been a little doubtful about whether they would pay up for a van theft - thinking they would almost certainly have a bit of small print that makes it not covered somewhere!

Also, do they state the maximum amount paid for hire of gear in the policy / small print somewhere as it might be a good time for the rest of us to kick up a bit.

Sorry to hear you had the gear stolen though, not a good thing at all!

alexperrins
09-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Out of interest, how did they nick it? I would just like to know so I can attempt to stop it happening to me!! Sorry to hear about it mate. Hope it all works out.

groovy-nights
09-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Yes was stolen from my van.Front window broken open passage door then broken door the partion.To open rear doors.Now i have got big locks on rear and side door.You are only give 10% of the value of your claim to hire but once you have spent it thats it.ie weekend one i hire gear music guard pay after i send them a invoice. Weekend 2 out of my pocket.Just got off the phone from sound control who are going to replace the items and thats who music guard use all the time.to be told that this claim has been done quickly.

alexperrins
09-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Blimey! Was the van on your property when the gear was nicked?

groovy-nights
09-10-2006, 11:12 AM
parked on the road just off my drive way.Loads of mess.Has really got me thinking is it worth it and should i pack it in

Shaun
09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. As a customer of musicguard I'm interested to hear how they do business when things go wrong. Keep us posted. Thanks

Have a disco
09-10-2006, 11:58 AM
suggest using or building a brick shed ajoined to your property and storing your main DJ essentials in it IE Speakers amps cd players as lighting is cheaper to hire out. then it will become part of your house insurance also suggest putting sign on van that nothing electrical of any value is kept in the vehicle at night like builders do and replace wooden divider between driver and rear of van with aliminium sheet equivilant or a full mesh grill top to bottom and do windows at rear as well or part ex your van for for an 2nd hand Omega/securicor parcel van they are one of the most secure vans I have driven and are very sort after by drivers at auctions

Corabar Entertainment
09-10-2006, 12:19 PM
It WON'T be covered by general house insurance, Badger!!!!!! (even if you keep it in your living room!)

.... and how many people have that extra bit of land just lying idle that they can build on? :omg:

Ricesnaps
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM
It WON'T be covered by general house insurance, Badger!!!!!! (even if you keep it in your living room!)

.... and how many people have that extra bit of land just lying idle that they can build on? :omg:
Badger maybe?

ian8limelight
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft, but thanks for sharing what, undoubtably, has (and is) a very stressful time for you.

groovy-nights
09-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Ok Update Time
I am now getting my items from www.getinthemix.co.uk Which is were i got my gear from to start with.After a chat with music guard they decided they would change.Hope should have the new stuff for the weekend.

Corabar Entertainment
09-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Fantastic news!!! :teeth:

ian8limelight
09-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Excellent.

Shaun
09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Great news. Glad to hear that MusicGuard stepped up and offered a reasonable resolution to the situation.

groovy-nights
12-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Ok update time
Get in the mix have my goods but still waiting on payment. looks like i am hiring again this weekend

Corabar Entertainment
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Have you spoken to Musicguard? Have they indicated when they intend to pay?

jamesh
12-10-2006, 02:12 PM
If musicguard use http://www.getinthemix.co.uk/ i notice theat they don't do evl stuff and having pretty much a full evl rig does that mean they would substitute any of the missing evl stuff with one of the brands supplied by http://www.getinthemix.co.uk/

If so does anyone know any other company to insure with as the whole point of me upgrading and going all EVL was so that everything would be the same brand and run off the controller should i not want to use the computer DMX...

soundtracker
12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Tis a good question and no mistake!

groovy-nights
12-10-2006, 02:42 PM
I must make it clear that music guard were going to use sound control who is there main suppler.Only reason getinthemix are supplying me is that they have all the items in stock for next day del.So i would think if you did need to make a claim the 1st company music guard would goto is sound control.I have been told the chque is in the post.

groovy-nights
13-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Still Waiting

Have a disco
13-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Mine is insured in the house on the household policy and also via musicguard as its listed as being in the house more than 3 days a week musicguard suggested it as a secure place of storage when I rang them.. So yes it can be insured under the household contents insurance

groovy-nights
13-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Ok so have a disco you have part of your house set aside for business then and pay business rates.I think you will find it very hard to claim on a household policy for business goods.Also why have you insured the same goods twices.

groovy-nights
17-10-2006, 12:39 PM
New Gear Came today

Corabar Steve
17-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Good news, does it all work? :teeth:

Have a disco
17-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I dont just use my gear for business I use most of it personally for doing mixes etc and demos such like things have checked with my home insurance company and they are fine with it being under household policy as long as its covered when out working by another policy it comes under the garden shed half of the policy in a sense which covers not directly in the house but still on our property ie lawnmowers and other said items. When it comes to it all insurance companies will try to escape paying out if they can using one loophole or another.

PS Glad to here your gear has arrived

Corabar Entertainment
17-10-2006, 12:55 PM
New Gear Came todayGlad to hear that.... at least you can look on the bright side now: you can have fun playing with all your new toys! :teeth:

CRAZY K
17-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Mine is insured in the house on the household policy

Very unlikely I would say--do you have this in writing? :sad:

If not you know the answer :teeth:

CRAZY K